Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

first use--hemorrhoid problems
  • gravel
    I am 25 years old. I ordered my first aneros (MGX) on friday after reading some rave reviews on the internet. Sort of a birthday present to myself. Was a little put off by the price, but what the heck, you only live once, right? I have lots of experience with anal play (I'm heterosexual), so I wasn't intimidated by that aspect of it. Then on saturday, I had my first really bad hemorrhoid flair up :( I just got the aneros in the mail this morning, but didn't get the opportunity to try it out until this evening. I tried using the aneros as per the instructions, and experienced some new and enjoyable sensations in my prostate, but the pressure of the aneros made my hemorrhoids burn. I took a hot shower to relax and tried again, but just couldn't enjoy myself. Then, after cleaning up and getting dressed, I noticed a very pleasurable sensation deep 'behind' my penis. Sort of like the feeling you get after a good hard laugh, only lower. This feeling has lasted for several hours, and is great. Each of my 2 first sessions only lasted for a couple minutes. I can't wait for my hemorrhoids to clear up so I can use it uninhibited.
    By the way, I used astroglide, but I also like Wet Platinum. Might that work better? THanks.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    gravel,

A belated Happy B-day and welcome to the forum! Given what you've written regarding troubles with hemorrhoids, I would advise you to discontinuing using the Aneros until such time as your condition has stabilized. I know that it can be tempting, to want to check this out. But frankly, you want to be able to do this without ongoing discomfort or the possibility of causing further inflammation.

With regard to the different types of lube, this is really a matter of preference. ID Glide is your basic water/glycerin based lube and the Millenium is silicone. If you do a seach on lube / lubricant/ lubrication you will come up with many threads that have been authored on the subject. In these you'll learn about other users preferences and some tricks for properly utilizing these products. Prelubrication is one such thing, where a a small amount of a liquid type lube is introduced directly into the rectum via a small syringe or children's medicine dropper. Thereafter the body of the Aneros itself is coated with lube, either the jelly or liquid type. This assures a long-lasting, very slick interface that facilitates a high order of mobility....it puts the Aneros on the glide path.

BF Mayfield
  • BusterBuster
    Hi gravel,

Welcome aboard, and Happy Birthday. I know that I have heard of guys reporting that their hemorrhiods got better after use of the Aneros. I hope it can work that way for you as well.

Buster
  • Pan
    Hey gravel,

I'm 33 years old. Back in 1999 I developed a rather unpleasant hemorrhoid problem - both internal and external, fissures, i.e. "the works."

It took a couple visits to a proctologist, a lot of time and sitz baths, but eventually my condition went from chronic to occasional flare ups.

It was around that time that I started using the Aneros. What I've found is that it's best to avoid Aneros sessions during flare-ups. As Mayfield suggested, it only seems to aggravate a hemorrhoid condition while it is active. However, in my experience, regular use of the Aneros (average 2-3 times a week) in the absence of flare-ups actually helps to prevent them.

Over time, I found that my flare-ups became less and less frequent until, after a couple years, they virtually stopped altogether. In fact, I just recently had my first minor flare-up after 5 years without a single incident.

And I think it's interesting to note that, due to time constraints and various schedule issues, for the past couple months in a row, I had been missing out on my regular Aneros sessions.

I can't say for sure, but I suspect that had I been able to keep my normal "maintenance schedule," with the Aneros, I would probably have avoided this one minor flare-up.

But hey, it's been 5 years after all! So I just had to say, in my opinion, the Aneros is quite possibly the best (or at the most fun) hemorrhoid cure on the market. I hope you find it as helpful (and enjoyable!) as I have.

Pan

P.S. I recommend either KY Jelly or "Boy Butter" lube. Astroglide is a little on the thin side for prolonged anal play.
  • gravel
    Thanks for the advice. Under any other circumstances, I wouldn't have attempted anal play during a flare up (and this is the first BAD flare up I've ever had), but I was anxious to try out my new toy. I also had a stressful day, so I was having trouble relaxing and feeling good about the whole thing. At least it wasn't TOTALLY bad. It felt good deep inside, but I just couldn't keep it in.
  • hulahula
    I suffered from hemorrhoids for about twenty years. I tried everything, every cream, acupuncture, herbal remedies. Oddly enough, when I started using an aneros, they went away. The additional circulation and control over the muscles of the anus and rectum that I have gained from many sessions has helped the healing process.
  • gravel
    Well, I gave it another try. I'm just getting over the flu (luck has NOT been on my side), so I wasn't feeling great, but I was in the mood for something to cheer me up. 2 things I had read on this forum proved completely true.

1. I used KY this time. Waaaay better than astroglide. with lube, the thicker, the better.
    2. I made sure to keep the perineum tab completely lube free. I also experimented with putting a small piece of cloth between it and me. the perineum tab must act as a fulcrum on which the aneros pivots, and slippage defeats this purpose.

It was definitely doing something, but I again had to remove it because of lack of comfort. (I discovered I have an external thrombosed hemorrhoid. It should heal completely, but I have to wait several weeks for by body to reabsorb the blood clot) I'm going to wait until my hemorrhoid completely heals before I try again, so that may take a while.