Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

PROGASM - positive & negative
  • darwindarwin
    HIH nicely offered me a pre-release PROGASM to review. (They sent off a few to those of us who have been contributing, and supporting others, for years now).

I have only used it once, and only for ten minutes. (for pre-existing reasons i had to limit myself to a mini-session).

POSITIVES
    i only had the progasm in for 10 minutes, but i can tell you: the progasm is lovely. it may be a beast in size, but it is a beauty in feel. the word that most came to mind was "soft." i have the eupho, helix and classic. this is the first aneros that, for me, was entirely without any suggestion of "sharpness." i attribute this mostly to the improvement in the P-tab. for me, with the previous models, the P-tab has been a matter of having the intensely good feelings kind of drown out a bit of a digging feeling there (i keep meaning to try the ping-pong ball trick). with the progasm there is only good. i think the slow curves on the inside also helped. whatever the reason, its caresses felt very welcome.

since i could only go for ten minutes, i didn't explore the device very deeply. however, it felt good, good, good. it did bring me to micro-Os in that short time, which is very fast for me.

i can't wait till the next time...

NEGATIVES
    (1) i have a concern about the material the progasm is made from. perhaps SUPPORT can offer some perspective here. the problem is that the material seems, unlike the previous models, to be slightly permeable. in particular, the device came out of the cave with a small amount of fecal matter on it. this has happened on rare occasion with the other models and i just rinse it away. but with the progasm, the device now has a faint brown stain and has retained the fecal smell (evident on scientific sniffing) even after washing with soap. this definitely does not happen with the other units. i can only imagine that over time the device might develop an unwelcome tan patina. any of you other guys who have it observed this?

the packaging states that the material is FDA approved so perhaps this is a non-issue. but, i always found it very reassuring, sanitary-wise, that the aneros cleaned so perfectly. i suppose that anything that comes out of the rectum can't hurt it going back in later.

i will give an update on this as i learn more. hopefully the problem will clear itself up.

possibly related to this, i had a problem with unpacking the progasm. the gluey stuff used to affix the progasm to the packaging would not come off the progasm, even after 15 minutes of hot water, soap, vegetable oil and elbow grease. i finally got it off with a household solvent called Goof Off. I didn't have this problem with the other models. i don't know if the packaging has changed or if this reflects the change in the device's material. (i should mention that the elbow grease did not in any way mar the surface, nor did the Goof Off. with respect to the permeability mentioned above, i was very careful to apply the Goof Off only to the small area with the glue, which was not the same area that got the fecal stain, so i don't think the Goof Off contributed to that problem).

(2) the progasm is really big (i almost gasped when i first saw it). this is obviously intentional and one of its strengths. however, there is an increased issue of entrance complications. in particular, i was very patient inserting it (and used the angle suggested by the tip of the device), but inevitably i felt some small anal tears going in. i am mildly pre-disposed to this (it can also happen on occasion with a big poop). as a consequence, i found some small traces of blood on the toilet paper after i cleaned up. i had never had this happen before with any of the other models.

i think this is just in the nature of the beast. it didn't hinder the pleasure. but, cumulatively over many sessions it may become an issue. perhaps my hole will adjust.

on the topic of hole adjustment, i should mention an excellent book called "Anal Pleasure and Health" by Jack Morin. he takes your hole very seriously, both in pleasure and health. the point he emphasizes most is that before you go inserting big things in there, you will do best by training your inner anal sphincter (the one that you don't have voluntary control over) to relax in response to friendly visitors (such as the progasm). he teaches you how. I guess i might have to go ahead with learning that.

darwin
  • darwindarwin
    here is an update on the permeability concern.

the next day (today) the smell was gone and the stain less visible.

i have observed a curious phenomenon with tupperware. if the tupperware contained pasta, when i clean it the white lid may be stained reddish from the tomato sauce. but, mysteriously, after time the stain disappears into thin air.

i guess time will tell with the new progasm material.

but, at least the smell is gone!

darwin
  • nood1963
    Hello Darwin,

I was selected for the Progasm review also. My eyes popped out of my head when I saw it, but didn't want to worry about it.
    I also had the glue stick on it in a few places from the packaging, and yes it took a lot of elbow grease, but it finally came off.
    I was at first concerned about its dimensions, since I don't have the Maximus. After messaging my pernium area, anus, and inner sphincter, and of course lubing, the Progasm slid into place with not a hitch.
    Instant results!!!! Yes, it is quite noticeable, feeling wise, but to me it is very comfortable. I don't need to move around so much to get additional stimulation. I have been using a new position that makes me go effing crazy. Will discuss that later.
    The P-tab feels good. I luckily did not have any problems earlier with them on my different models.
    Not quite sure what to think about the K-tab yet. While laying on my side with my legs slightly bent, it did not come close to hitting. Perhaps when one moves in a position to where it would hit the k-spot, it would do something with the pivoting, and may cause the P-tab to give additional stimulation.
    Overall it is an amazing stimulator. Will be experiencing wonderful orgams with it later in the week-end. Blog later....Peace, Nood
  • TripperTripper
    Darwin,

Thanks for initiating this thread for Progasm feedback. My appreciation goes out to HIH for including me in the Progasm trials. Perhaps they felt sorry for me since ,after six months and a great deal of forum activity and experimentation, I have not had the pleasure of an "o" yet, I was looking forward to experiencing a new Aneros model, perhaps triggering some new "effects", and providing inputs back to the forum.

I had an interesting start on the night before my first Aneros session. Living in Northern California and fast asleep, we had an earthquake measuring 4.2 on the Richter's scale and thought I was experiencing a great Aneros effect with my body shaking back and forth on the bed. Alas, I realized it was an earthquake and went back to sleep. It must have triggered some rewiring effects though because I spent the entire night with whole body buzzing/vibrations. No Aneros installed yet.

So, the next day I had some time alone and found myself staring at the Prograsm. I think if you consider the volume (pi r squared x length) factor, the Progasm might be double the Helix size in volume. Very intimidating initially. But, using the famous triple lub process resolved any hesitation. Insert astroglide, warm the Progasm, apply a vaseline sheen to the Progasm, then apply KY to the Aneros, the Aneros slipped right in easily. And, I have not had Anal play prior to Aneros activity begun six months ago.

The Progasm felt fine but I think, as for all othe Aneros models, I have to seek out over a number of sessions the position that triggers some nice Aneros effects....that will work for me. But, no soreness after affects following the first two sessions. 1st session for 60 minutes and 2nd session the next day for 2 hours.

I will hold in reserve for a later session the famous hlaser insurance policy. Since the Progasm is almost symetrical, hlaser pulled out the Progasm, turned it 180 degrees and re-inserted to achieve some good effects. So, it is like getting two Aneros models for the price of one.

I would be interested to know about the history and intent of the "k" tab. I think another thread had mentioned kundalini. I can visualize a number of folks back in the HIH lab having quite a few prototypes in process at any one point in time and Dr. Ramshandran, Chief Designer, HIH, designing an Aneros to take advantage of the Kundalini chakra. But, I would love to see some more background and recommendations on its purpose and effect.

Unfortuately, I am off on a two week trip and hesitate to take the Progasm thru the xray stations so I wish everyone enjoyment of the new Aneros model and look forward to hearing a stream of experiences on the fourm!

Trip
  • Tripper

I must say I am just a little jealous that you was selected to give this a trial. Actually I am gutted they didn't pick me as well.
    We both been having the same trouble all the way along.

Sniff Sniff support team :o(

VS
  • TripperTripper

Originally Posted By: virginsoldier
    Tripper

I must say I am just a little jealous that you was selected to give this a trial. Actually I am gutted they didn't pick me as well.
    We both been having the same trouble all the way along.

Sniff Sniff support team :o(

VS

Virginsoldier,

Good to hear from you!

But, I am sad that you are sad. I am sure HIH is using forum activity to make the difficult choices of trial participants. And, I am a little embarassed to say I have a Senior Member title and 150+ forum posts with NO "O" yet! But, there you have it. The Progasm trial is a partial compensation for no "O" and I feel as if I am representing in some small way those of us still struggling to achieve that elusive objective.

Thank goodness for the forum with its mutual support and great threads. And remember, VS, you and I still have an active champagne bet going for the first of us to achieve the "O".

Trip
  • Trip

I know we have. Although I seem to be further up the line than you I am still searching for that elusive O.

Perhaps if I tested the Progasm (support you listening) I might have achieved it PMSL

VS
  • support
    Hi Virginsoldier,

When was the last time you checked the forum?

We sent you a private message here in the forum, it would have been visible for the last 2-3 weeks. Please email us at [email]support@aneros.com[/email].

thanks,
    The Aneros Staff

• Originally Posted By: support
    Hi Virginsoldier,

When was the last time you checked the forum?

We sent you a private message here in the forum, it would have been visible for the last 2-3 weeks. Please email us at [email]support@aneros.com[/email].

thanks,
    The Aneros Staff

LOL seen it and now contacted you ;o)

VS
  • Virg
    Congrats, VS!

Staying committed to Aneros, and your own long journey, does has it's rewards!

The journey is surreal, seductive, addictive, amazing, and even unnerving, but, we all dream of feeling the Super-O...

I hope it's you over the edge!

"Why do drugs, when you have Aneros"?
  • charliecharlie
    Hello Forum brothers (and sisters)!

I have had the Progasm for a little more than a week and am thoroughly impressed with its performance!

Just as Buster had warned me, the Progasm is huge. As you can see from the photograph on the Aneros web site, it is longer, wider, and more aggressively contoured than the other models. The good news for those apprehensive about its size is that the Progasm is not difficult to insert if you are properly lubed and take your time. In fact, I find that insertion is pleasurable in itself.

I had become somewhat indifferent about rhythmic breathing over the last several months, so I made a rededicated commitment to breathing in my sessions with the Progasm, which has allowed erotic energy to build as my body relaxes and adjusts to the Progasm. As others have written, once my body is relaxed, the Progasm feels very, very comfortable. I savor this simple pleasure before I even begin to contract my sphincter and pelvic muscles. As other have found, I also find that very gentle contractions create great pleasure on the prostate and anal canal.

As Aneros promised, despite its large size, the Progasm really is mobile. The Progasm seems to glide within my body generating orgasmic pleasures different from those I have experienced while using the MGX, Helix, or Eupho. I believe that the redesigned P-tab and the all new K-tab contribute just as much or more to generating these sensations than the Progasm's size and shape. In particular, as my body becomes more aroused, the involuntary contractions of my anus and sphicter generate a kind of rythmic dance between the dual tabs which really feels out of this world. The perineum massage is very pleasurable. Using the Progasm I have felt erotic energy flow up my spine toward my heart. (I had never felt pleasurable sensations in my back with any of the other models.)

Those are my impressions after a week. I sense that there is much more possible with the Progasm than I have experienced so far. I'll let you guys know. Take care and enjoy your journey.

Charlie
  • Does no one work in member support?

Looks like I have missed the boat on trialing the Progasm cause no one wants to contact me :o(

VS

Member support you now have 3 emails from me :o(
  • support

Originally Posted By: virginsoldier
    Does no one work in member support?

Looks like I have missed the boat on trialing the Progasm cause no one wants to contact me :o(

VS

Member support you now have 3 emails from me :o(

Hi virginsoldier,

I see an email which could be from you in our inbox that unfortunately we didn't get a chance to respond to today with the release of the Progasm. There is a new message for you when you log in with instructions.

Rest assured we look forward to seeing how it does for you! :o)

thanks,
    Darryl
    Aneros Web Support
  • Onthepath
    (this post was edited 2007-03-13 10:55:34)

Originally Posted By: darwin
    here is an update on the permeability concern.

the next day (today) the smell was gone and the stain less visible.

i have observed a curious phenomenon with tupperware. if the tupperware contained pasta, when i clean it the white lid may be stained reddish from the tomato sauce. but, mysteriously, after time the stain disappears into thin air.

i guess time will tell with the new progasm material.

but, at least the smell is gone!

darwin

Hey Darwin,

I have the same problem with the Progasm staining and I wanted to know if you noticed it disappearing like you thought it would.

If not, then HIH may want to reconsider using this new material. With porous materials, such as jelly based toys, you need to use a condom with them to keep them from getting stained and harboring bacteria. I don't think the Progasm would have a problem with the bacteria, but it evidently can be stained. I'd hate to have to use a condom with it. I have to admit though, that I've never used a condom with any of the Aneros models I own so I don't know how that would feel. Buying condoms to use with your sex toys is annoying to say the least.

On a side note, I use the Helix a lot more than the others and when I compare it to them, it has an overall discoloration to it. But, there are no splotchy stains like I have on the Progasm.

Perhaps HIH can come up with a special cleaning solution to remove these stains that is safe and effective. Hey, another product to sell! Can I get a cut on the profits? (grin)

Does anyone have some good suggestions on removing these stains?

Oops! I just saw that HIH does sell a toy cleaner. Has anyone tried it with the Progasm?

Onthepath
  • darwindarwin
    just the other night i looked my progasm over carefully, and... no signs of staining. i have only used it a few times. but the original stain i was worried about is gone.

darwin
  • Maximus

Originally Posted By: Onthepath
    (this post was edited 2007-03-13 10:55:34)

I don't think the Progasm would have a problem with the bacteria, but it evidently can be stained.

Does anyone have some good suggestions on removing these stains?

Onthepath

If the stain is fecal matter, then why wouldn't it contain bacteria?

A solution of bleach should remove both stain and bacteria I would think.
  • Onthepath
    Darwin,

Great! Weird, but great!

Maximus,

Good question. I said that based on the company's statements of using non-porous FDA approved materials. Can I say for sure that a stain does not contain bacteria? No, I can't. I'm just another customer, just like you. Perhaps the part of the fecal matter that causes the stain is not bacterial. For me, I was more concerned with the staining than anything else. With the results that Darwin had, I'm not worried about it anymore.

I'd be leery of using bleach to clean the Aneros. That's a strong chemical and who knows what it may do to the Aneros. Also, you may have noticed that bleach can leave a slick residue itself. That's certainly not something you want left on the Aneros when you have a session. I'd stick with the anti-bacterial hand soaps or sex toy cleaners like what is sold on this site.

I hope this helps. Support may need to chime in if my answer has muddied up things. If so, I apologize.

Onthepath
  • Maximus

Originally Posted By: Onthepath
    Darwin,

Great! Weird, but great!

Maximus,

Good question. I said that based on the company's statements of using non-porous FDA approved materials. Can I say for sure that a stain does not contain bacteria? No, I can't. I'm just another customer, just like you. Perhaps the part of the fecal matter that causes the stain is not bacterial. For me, I was more concerned with the staining than anything else. With the results that Darwin had, I'm not worried about it anymore.

I'd be leery of using bleach to clean the Aneros. That's a strong chemical and who knows what it may do to the Aneros. Also, you may have noticed that bleach can leave a slick residue itself. That's certainly not something you want left on the Aneros when you have a session. I'd stick with the anti-bacterial hand soaps or sex toy cleaners like what is sold on this site.

I hope this helps. Support may need to chime in if my answer has muddied up things. If so, I apologize.

Onthepath

If the stain is caused by a chemical reaction of the plastic with the fecal matter as opposed to being the fecal matter itself, there may indeed be no bacteria. But if it is fecal matter, and since the poster mentioned that odor was persistant as the stain it seems to be, you can be sure that the bacteria traveled along with it.

As for the safety of bleach as a disinfectant, it's been used for this purpose in homes, hospitals, and restaurants for decades upon decades, and continues to be . The disenfectant in bleach is chlorine in the form of hypochlorous acid. Hypochlorous acid is used to treat swimming pool water, and tap water contains dissolved chlorine as well.

Bleach is water soluble and will not leave a residue if rinsed adequately. The slipperyness you refer to is due to the fact that household bleach is buffered with sodium hydroxide (lye), a component of soap, so it's slippery for the same reason soap is.

As for a reaction with plastic, I've not seen any change in my aneros collection due to a periodic soaking in a mild bleach solution, but the manufacturer should have the last word on that. I would point out though that washing machine bleach dispenser cups are plastic and that bleach is packaged in plastic bottles, so I doubt there's much of an issue there either.

For the record, I don't think the staining mentioned is anything to be concerned about unless you're sharing your aneros.

My apologies for wandering so far off topic here.
  • darwindarwin
    i for one don't think that discussions of cleanliness or other health matters are ever off topic
  • support
    Hi Darwin, Onthepath,

The Progasm is a next step in the evolution of our product line, and it is constructed of a new plastic material. The material is great particularly for the color versions of the Progasm, out soon. The white model is different in that it continues to be hand-polished. The staining is definitely unintended and did not arise during our testing phase.

The stains pose no health risks to you whatsoever. However, we understand they are aesthetically not appealing and not up to our high standards of quality. This is something we will be monitoring closely and will address. Please contact us for information on obtaining an exchange.

Thanks,
    The Aneros Staff