Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

The scoop on lube
  • FleshJoe
    I'd like some answers from people who *have* a super O, to see if there's any correlations:

Q1. Do you use liquid lube (like Glide or such stuff) or jelly like stuff like KY jelly?

Q2. Do you use a combination of lubes, if so what lubes? How much of each (in cc's or grams, as accurate as you can, please)

Q3. Does it leak out, and does it make the perinium tab slick? If yes, what do you do to ensure the tab stays in its place?

Q4. Do you re-lube during a session? If so, what lube(s) and how much?

To answer my own questions, I just apply a generous coat of KY jelly or Equate (that's Walmart's store brand of KY jelly) to the internal part of the Aneros and then I insert (Q1). I nearly never re-lube, and if I do I use a coating of KY jelly or Equate on the internal part (Q4). It leaks out and the tab gets slick, I often wrap the tab with a tissue paper and hold that in place with a rubber band, to keep the tab from slip-sliding around (Q3). Like I said, I only use one lube (Q2).

Someone on here told me that he applies a coat of vaseline to the inside part and then KY jelly on top of that, and that that ensures the Aneros stays lubricated well during the session. Have you tried that?

Thanks for helping with providing this info. I'm trying to see whether there's anything I'm doing wrong or different from what most super-O capable people are doing....

• After much experimenting, I have developed my own routine. I have never understood the baby dropper method often mentioned in this Forum.

Udderly Smooth (originally for bovine use but sold in drugstores for humans) is my favorite non-water-based (for external use only) lube. I smear a thin layer to the second knuckle of a finger, and add a dab on the end of the finger. That finger smears some on outside of the anus and then I insert the finger to grease up the anal canal. I avoid getting any significant amount into the rectum.

I also use a thin layer of Udderly Smooth on whatever rectal rinse tool I am using. Currently I am trying the Higginson Syringe sold by the Aneros company (and others). After cleaning up from the rinse I reapply the Udderly Smooth to the anal canal.

Then I use one of the plastic syringes made for vaginal delivery of pre-loaded KY Jelly (with or without Nonoxynol-9 contraceptive). They are expensive, but I reuse them indefinitely, washing them out after use. The user pushes a rubber bullet down the 4.5 inch (11 cm) cylinder with a separate rod. The KY jelly tubes (and their knockoffs) butt up nicely to the half-inch (1 cm) opening of the cylinder. Just squeeze until you see jelly at the other end. I must be using less than an ounce as I get multiple uses from the usual four-ounce tube. This may be more jelly than needed, but better safe than sorry, and I do not have a problem with it (does not trigger defecation). By the way, I find most knockoffs are thinner (less viscous) than the real "KY" brand jelly. But for our purposes, it does not seem to matter.

Plug in the rubber bullet. Then hold the cylinder under a hot faucet to warm up the jelly, which seems to make a big difference in keeping the rectum happy. Smear a thin layer of Udderly Smooth on the cylinder, and up the poop-chute she goes.

Be careful as the insertion end may have a bit of an edge to it. It should insert very easily with almost no pushing. If you have to push, don't. Either relax more, change your position, or spend more time getting to know your ass. Be careful to not ram it into your prostate or rectal wall. Either dump the load just past the anal canal, or see if you can learn to gently guide the syringe around past your prostate. I usually do this standing in the bathroom, bent over with arm resting on the counter. But you can also do this lying in bed.

After delivering the jelly, I usually need to use a screwdriver to push out the bullet. Sometimes the bullet twists and turns on the way out, but they are tough and always survive.

Meanwhile I have the Aneros of my choice resting in a cup of very warm but not hot(!) water. Dry it. To the outer-anus part (that first inch or 2 cm) of the Aneros apply Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with vitamin E. Smear it around with some extra chunks hanging on. Avoid that brand's other formulas which have a quite different mix of ingredients. My formula comes in a plastic jar, and is a waxy solid. It has primarily cocoa butter, mineral oil, microcrystalline wax, and dimethicone. Cocoa butter has the magical property of melting just at body temperature. It is also natural and very good for your skin, along with the vitamin E. My theory is that this might help with any irritation of the delicate anal tissues. Again, this is for external use only, for the outside anus and just the beginning of the anal canal.

On the rest of the Aneros I spread a very thin layer of Udderly Smooth. Since the anal canal wipes clean the device on the way in during insertion, I do not understand people's recommendation for gobs of KY jelly on the Aneros. That jelly does not end up in the rectum; it just makes a mess on the outside.

I almost never relube. In a really intense sex-crazed wild-man grunting-beast session, I may inadvertently leak out a glob of goo. This only affects the dryness of the perineum tab if I am not lying down (on hands & knees, or standing/crouching). In that case I may or may not take out the Aneros and clean up the tab and my perineum; if on a roll I keep going, or if I want a break then I clean. If I think I've lost a lot of jelly, I may reload with another syringe. Obviously on the occasional time where I have provoked a defecation, I start the whole procedure over (or quit).

After the fun is over, I proceed to the toilet where I easily expel the bit of goo.

When cleaning up, avoid rubbing raw your anus with a washcloth or towel.

Not only are Udderly Smooth and Palmer's Cocoa Butter formula the very best lubes, they are also the least expensive I have found. And they work well for a long jerk-off session when you are not up to using the Aneros.

Remember:
    Inside you --> Water-based lubes only.
    Outside you --> Any lube.
    (dimethicone & cocoa butter are my favs)

• Edit

Originally Posted By: FleshJoe
    I'd like some answers from people who *have* a super O, to see if there's any correlations:

Q1. Do you use liquid lube (like Glide or such stuff) or jelly like stuff like KY jelly?

Q2. Do you use a combination of lubes, if so what lubes? How much of each (in cc's or grams, as accurate as you can, please)

Q3. Does it leak out, and does it make the perinium tab slick? If yes, what do you do to ensure the tab stays in its place?

Q4. Do you re-lube during a session? If so, what lube(s) and how much?

To answer my own questions, I just apply a generous coat of KY jelly or Equate (that's Walmart's store brand of KY jelly) to the internal part of the Aneros and then I insert (Q1). I nearly never re-lube, and if I do I use a coating of KY jelly or Equate on the internal part (Q4). It leaks out and the tab gets slick, I often wrap the tab with a tissue paper and hold that in place with a rubber band, to keep the tab from slip-sliding around (Q3). Like I said, I only use one lube (Q2).

Someone on here told me that he applies a coat of vaseline to the inside part and then KY jelly on top of that, and that that ensures the Aneros stays lubricated well during the session. Have you tried that?

Thanks for helping with providing this info. I'm trying to see whether there's anything I'm doing wrong or different from what most super-O capable people are doing....

Joe hows it going sounds like progress
    I just tried a thin vaseline coating on the aneros
    followed by some ky jelly wow
    that worked for me
    best session yet.. loads of electric waves and intense pleasure
    like my whole body had become one giant tingle with contractions.
    thanks for the idea...keep going this just gets better !!
  • I have a lising for a good lube it is water based and the price is ver reasonable, here is the online link for the product. I am lucky that the Walgreens drugstore near me, stocks it at the same price.....this stuff is really slick
    http://www.cheaplubes.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=172
  • hlaser99hlaser99
    Hey Joe!

I use a libral dose of vaseline! I also wrap a cotton round, used by gals to remove make-up, over the perineum tab. (after peeling it apart, cause it is too thick as it comes packaged...so I get two out of each round)

I hold it in place with a twist tie from bread wrappers. (being careful wind it around below the tab end and tucking the end in, not to get stuck by the wire)

The pad's absorbancy keeps the tab from going all over the place during the session & soaks up allot of the excess lube...

If I feel really wild I occasionally do a thin layer of vaseline, with a thin later of Maximus over it!

No need either way to re-apply or anything for hours???

Later, Hlaser

• Enemagra
    / \... moi aussi. i used to use a vaseline and then 'wet', but after running out of 'wet' i only use vaseline and have no complaints. the insertion and removal are more comfortable with lube but besides that i cant tell any differences. actually, i find normal lube can feel really uncomfortable when you use alot; kind of feels like you just ate at a really cheap mexican restaurant.
  • Edit
    I have been using Vaseline as well for the past few months. I prefer it to water based lubes now. When I was using the water based lubes I usually ended up cramping and having to use the bathroom. It kept setting off that reaction in me over and over. Then when I read on the forum about how the glycerine in the water based lubes tend to do that to some people I tried the Vaseline. I no longer have that problem with my bowels and I find that the Vaseline actually helps more with the insertion of the Aneros as well. I find it much smoother and easier.
  • Edit
    Hi, I've used KY and vaseline and found vaseline to give a much better expereince. KY starts off ok but I found it lost its slickness after a while. I also didn't find that with KY I could make the minor moves with my anus to get the right spot without it getting sore. With vaseline it is simply so much smoother, lasts longer and I can try to move the head of the Aneros without tensing becasue I think its going to rub. I find that the insertion sensation is also enhanced - don't know how but it is. All in all vaseline is my preferred lube.
  • Edit
    I have heard that you should use vaseline (petroleum jelly) as a lubricant. It is a petroleum product after all and the fibers in it can actually cause micro-lacerations in you rectum.
  • d_fault
    I wonder if this is where I've been going wrong all along? I normally use Ky-gel on the aneros only, after a good cleansing, but I've noticed afterwards that sometimes there's alittle bit of traces of blood on the aneros and / or when I cleanup I see what appear to be small vessels in the gel that I push out (sorry not trying to make anyone loose their lunch). Anyone else get this after a session?

thanks,
    -art
  • Virg
    (this post was edited 2006-10-22 01:09:22)

(this post was edited 2006-10-22 01:02:50)

While Vaseline has been accepted as a personal lubricant as "OK", I have always been concerned because the colon/rectum absorbs liquids, and maybe other substances, directly into the bloodstream. While it may work the best for Aneros use, I have noted some facts to be aware of...

From an online information date base...

"Unlike water-based lubricants, oil-based lubricants such as Vaseline weaken latex and may reduce the effectiveness of latex condoms as a contraceptive and protection against sexually-transmitted diseases. Another reason why oil-based lubricants should not be used for anal sex is because oil-based substances may coat the lining of the rectum, providing a haven for infection. ([1]). Oils based lubricants can irritate and increase risk of infection in the vagina also."

"Although petroleum jelly (ie Vaseline) is inexpensive and readily available, it can often be difficult to clean off the body after sexual activity, due to the fact that it is not water soluble. Clear, bottled Mineral oil (commonly used as an oral laxative), or Baby oil, is a less viscous alternative to petroleum jelly and is easier to wash off the skin."

Form a medicial site...

"Never use any petroleum based products as they can be irritative. Some people are allergic to them when used internal, so avoid it."

And for a gay blog...

"Petroleum based lubes are in the long term not a good thing for your "boy hole", or you, for that matter. Vaseline nor babyoil are recommended for internal use. Even crisco or wesson is better for you than vaseline."

As for myself, I have applied Vaseline to the perineum area for lubrication of, and protection from, the tab of the MGX, which can feel a little "sharp" the longer I use it. Sometimes it works well but mostly it impedes the action of the tab...too thick and/or too sticky, I believe.

Otherwise, I apply K-Y to the junction area of the Aneros and the tab. At insertion, the K-Y lubricates the sphincter as well and the tab moves nicely.

Internally, before any of the above takes place, I inject a small amount of water based lubricant into the rectum and it has always worked well, for short or long sessions. I have tried a variety of water based lubricants and the one I find to be the mildest is a feminine personal lubricant called Vagisil.

A note to all those concerned about glycerin and it being irriating to the rectum...

If you experience cramping and other discomfort, this may be because your body does not like it. It may also very well be because you have put too much lubricant inside. Too much of a good thing... Use a smaller amount and you may have a much different experience.

I hope this helpful...
  • darwindarwin
    virg-

very helpful.

darwin