Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

foreskin: pros and cons?
  • darwindarwin
    I don't have one (but my son does).

I would like to hear from guys who are intact about what they think the pros and cons are of having their foreskin.

Women too might want to comment.

Darwin
  • isvaraisvara
    @darwin, thank you for shifting the discussion. I hope devajones will post. Her previous comment was very interesting and it would be good to get more info.
  • ClenchyClenchy
    Cons: I haven't experienced any

Pros: If I pinch the tip and piss into it, it fills up like a little balloon.
  • TreiTrei
    Those who are intact will not know any pros/cons as they've never been cut. It's like asking someone what death is like. Your far better off asking this question of those that decided to have a circumcision imo.

There are no pros to the precrdure besides aesthetics, it's like cutting your eyelids off. 0.02
  • darwindarwin
    Trei,

I understand your logic.  But maybe we'll here from some intact guys who report problems they have encountered.  Or maybe they can tell us that they love the feeling of the foreskin sliding on the glans, etc.

I don't think we who got cut at birth have much to add, except that lube is kind of a pain, and that we can imagine how it might feel to have our cock sliding in and out of the foreskin, and that might be quite fine.

Darwin
  • PommiePommie
    @darwin,
    I believe you raise an excellent point that has not been discussed before.

I was cut at birth and my wife used to find intercourse uncomfortable until we began to use a lube for intercourse. Agreed, having to lube up before intromission is a pain and it tends to create an interruption to the proceedings that reduces spontaneity.

Am I correct in assuming that uncut men would find it unnecessary to use artificial lubrication for successful intercourse?
  • AkiraAkira
    I have for skin.

Don't really know about the lube part have no skin. Depends more on how wet the woman gets I think.
    I have to say that with skin, if she is to dry. Getting in is hard to and there is a chance that you cum way faster, skin pulled all the way back is really sensitive. So I often lube to.

A friend of mine had the problem with his for skin being to small/narrow. He is quit a hung guy but the skin did not grow with him...
    Thy managed to make the skin bigger at some point. If this would not work he would lose his skin. But it's still there.

Don't know by experience but I thing that without fore skin you stay way cleaner...
  • isvaraisvara
    @Pommie, not sure about that, at boarding school (communal cold showers - ugh) many uncut boys had their glans poking out with an erection. They soon lost it in the cold showers. Also I have notice on some videos the uncut guys have all their glans out. I suppose it depends on how much foreskin there is and also how much labia on the partner as it too may allow a semi dry entrance.
  • BadgerBadger
    I had a circumcision at age 42, due to a persistent yeast infection that just wouldn't go away, in spite of meticulous personal hygiene on my part.

My foreskin was probably too long, it overhung the tip by over a 1/2 inch. Even though the head was more sensitive, the foreskin sliding back and forth over it during sex greatly reduced any enhanced sensations that might occur.

After circumcision, the sensation/sensitivity in the head was reduced, but the frictional sensation during sex was enhanced greatly.

In spite of an unexpected complication post-surgery, I still prefer circumcised to uncircumcised; however, I do miss the ability to easily "squeegee" any remaining urine from the urethra with the floating foreskin.
  • isvaraisvara
    @Badger, thank you extremely helpful. Not often is there an objective summary on this subject.
  • PommiePommie
    @isvara and @Badger,
    Thanks for your comments.
    Makes one wonder why some cut men go to all that trouble to have their skins restored.
  • isvaraisvara
    By the Way: There are statistics out of Africa demonstrating that cut guys have a lower chance of catching AIDS. Somehow the virus is able to lodge under the foreskin and penetrate the skin. If this is so it would appear that over a time Islam and Judaism will win out over Christianity and non believers not through faith but over survival. Just worth considering.
  • ineverknewineverknew
    didnt they find a cure for aids?  Or a treatment at least that prevents death?
  • isvaraisvara
    @ineverknew, I don't know, but I do know it takes a long time to get any serious medication out to the masses, so anything that lessens the chance of infection should be considered. It is a frightful situation.
    We are finding some fly out workers are bringing AIDS back to their homes from short holiday overseas. Medication may stop death but it is not much of a life.
    I am more than happy to stand corrected.
  • ineverknewineverknew
    I think most people are safe from HIV or AIDS if you practice safe sex and, if your concerned, have proper testing done before engaging in sexual activities.  Statistically heterosexuals have the same chance of getting struck by lightening as they do of getting HIV from unprotected sex here in the US.  Homosexual activity and intravenous drug use are the most susceptible to getting the disease.  So circumcision in my opinion doesnt offer a realistic prevention.  If I were to live in Africa, I would probably have a different viewpoint.  I guess it depends on where you live.
  • BigGlansDCBigGlansDC
    Like many men of my generation, I was circumcised as a neonatal shortly after my birth in late March 1949. My brothers and I, along with all my classmates, were all circumcised in those years. I didn't see my first uncircumcised penis until I was a sophomore in college in North Carolina. It belonged to a star football player at my college. He was well-hung and he had a huge, mushroom glans covered by a veiny foreskin! I saw him oblivious from my admiring eyes in our dorm showers on a Sunday morning.

Yet I am happy that was I circumcised as an infant. From early boyhood, I have enjoyed stimulating my glans.

However, recently on Xtube I see mostly uncut guys in the jerkoff section. Seeing an uncut guy masturbating and his foreskin sliding smoothly back and forth over his glans is downright erotic!

Yes, I think that adult circumcision programs in Africa to combat the spread of HIVAIDS are admirable. However cut vs uncut is debatable to say the least.

I would be interested in hearing from uncut Anerosers if the foreskin enhances their Aneros experience.

Thom./BigGlansDC
  • ClenchyClenchy

I would be interested in hearing from uncut Anerosers if the foreskin enhances their Aneros experience.

My foreskin doesn't feature in my aneros sessions at all. It's that whole "penis, not" approach. I can see how it would be considered an interesting erogenous zone, but if you've been whacking off your whole life with the foreskin intact, then it's just another part of the penis-centered pleasure pathway.

It might be an interesting experiment to try and wire the foreskin somehow to the prostate, like people have done with their nipples, but I don't know if it could work any better than trying to rewire the entire penis that way. The frenulum runs into the foreskin, so you can cum by just rolling it, if you can stay flaccid (ie. keep the foreskin in its covered position). At least I think you can, it's been a long time since I tried it. :-?
  • BigGlansDCBigGlansDC
    I heard somewhere on the Forum that it is quite possible to hard wire the nipples with both the prostate and glans penis. I would think that you would even hard wire the nipples with your frenulum (if you still have one) and other areas of the glans, along with prostate. ;)
  • mdadmdad
    On Reddit the debate between cut vs uncut is never-ending. I like having my frenulum completely exposed at all times. But to each his own.

Anyway, I always had a question that I haven't found an answer to. Maybe some of you experts can enlighten me. It is often said that cutting the foreskin removes thousands of pleasurable nerve endings. My question is whether this is actually true. When the foreskin is cut, doesn't it SHORTEN the nerve endings? I would think removing them altogether would mean one had to cut out the nerve all the way throughout the penis. In this case, aren't we just removing a half inch of nerves, and don't the nerve endings that are left behind still work? My shaft is amazingly sensitive, and I just feel like those nerves are still there. But the anti-circumcision crowd just seems to say the nerves are cut out completely. Fellow Anerosers, please set me straight.
  • I heard somewhere on the Forum that it is quite possible to hard wire the nipples with both the prostate and glans penis. I would think that you would even hard wire the nipples with your frenulum (if you still have one) and other areas of the glans, along with prostate. ;)

yes, i am wired those ways.
  • On the whole nipple thing, i've been wanting to mention that some time ago there was a member here who has a url on nipple orgasms. i was looking for the search on here to see if i could find it, but i can't figure out how to do a search on here anymore.
  • BigGlansDCBigGlansDC
    Hi @aneros_user13872,

The member who is into nipple orgasms who occasionally posts on the Forum is Wuerstchen.

Wuerstchen also has a Yahoo group devoted to the subject of breast and nipple orgasms.

Thom./BigGlansDC
  • ineverknewineverknew
    Unforftunately @Wuerstchen has ended his yahoo group for nipple orgasms.  I was a member and he ended the group to persue other activities.  Just a FYI.
  • BigGlansDCBigGlansDC
    That is a terrible shame, @ineverknew. I wanted to join @Wuerstchen's yahoo group several months ago, but a glitch in Yahoo prevented me. :(

But @aneros_13872, one of my goals of my Aneros sessions is to achieve not only the Super-O and MMO's but also a full-fledged orgasm in my GLANS through the Aneros!!! ;) :D :D

Thom./BigGlansDC
  • TurnrowTurnrow
    As far as nerve endings in the foreskin as mentioned above, I am uncut and have a fair amount of foreskin. The foreskin has meissner corpuscles distributed in it. These are the same neurological pleasure cells that are located in our frenulums.

At times when P waves are enveloping my penis, I can distinctly feel my foreskin light up with great pleasure and the P waves sort of pulsing in an encircling type fashion in my foreskin. It is delightful when it happens. I am not rewired YET, but look forward to my foreskin becoming increasingly pleasurable when I get there.

You can google meissner corpuscles and read up on these pleasurable aspects of a foreskin which hopefully will become more pleasurable with the rewiring.
  • slimjmslimjm
    To a limited extent, I've had it both ways--a raggedly done half cut job as an infant that in later life, when I got tired of the rolling and pinching and sweaty secretions from the unevenly half cut skin, I got up the courage--announcing to my wife that the playground was going to be closed for repairs a few weeks--to get revised into a neat, "high tight" style cut.  In my case though, I still have a full inch of the inner foreskin that's now rolled back onto the shaft when erect, as it's more of the the outer foreskin that's removed with this style, and I can feel no difference in sensitivity and now the tightness and exposure to any touch and stimulation when erect is really enjoyable.  The only downside is the time taken to lube up when planning any activity with it now.

To those who for some medical reason ever have to face this, don't be afraid.  There was minimal discomfort and although it was weeks before I could allow an erection to occur with the tightness of this style, it was worth the trouble.
  • euphemisticeuphemistic
    I'm uncut. typically I leave my foreskin over my glans so it's not rubbing against my clothing. this can make me less aware of my penis (unless I'm aroused) but it seems to make my glans and especially the frenulum more sensitive when I have the foreskin down. I can edge for hours while riding and not ejaculate but have a constant flow of precum and orgasms. it's really very nice and with no refractory period. I don't have any problems with hygiene because I bathe every day. my nipples are directly wired to my prostate, anus, penus and frenulum.. so that's all I need to get dry orgasms. I'm gay so I use lube for intercourse. my foreskin has never been a problem.
  • DarkEngineDarkEngine
    I have foreskin.
    Exposing the head actually helps in bringing out the sensations of the Aneros and prostate - especially when standing. Saying that, I do have phimosis (maybe even paraphimosis) - so the tightness might be the cause.
    In regards to the condition however, I can't retract based on whether the skin in a tightened/swelled up period. Trying to do so otherwise causes the skin to tear/rip a little.
  • STARR831STARR831
    I've been blessed with a supple foreskin my entire life.  On only two occasions have I known painful complications.  Once when I was about seven years old, my mother took me to the doctor's ; and, he forcebly retracted my foreskin for the first time.  The second occasion, I had been on a course of antibiotics for several weeks; and, a yeast infection developed.  Otherwise, my foreskin has been a constant source of pleasure.  The gliding action my foreskin provides during intercourse and masturbation results in a friction-free experience and allows my glans to maintain a sensory surface that is simply exquisite.  When I leak precum, my foreskin overhang provides a glistening  recepticle that fills and runneth over; and, few things compare to sliding ones thumb in between a precum-moistened foreskin and glans and sliding it around in circular motions!  Aneros use has only multiplied the pleasure possibilities afforded by my foreskin.  During both aneros and less sessions, my prostate starts to slowly pulse, then my sac and balls start to experience waves of radiating joy AND then the inevitable tingles ride up my raphe to the very tip of my foreskin --- over and over again --- always the same.  I often give thanks that my parents allowed me to keep, cherish and enjoy my foreskin throughout my boyhood!  Now at age 64, I appreciate it no less than when I first truly discovered its potential in puberty!!!
  • AsoloAsolo
    You have to worry more about hygiene and I think it makes you oversensitive to stimulation until you learn to push it back for masturbation or sex. It is a bit painful when you are a kid to push it back, but you become somewhat accustomed to it, or desensitized to it.

That being said, I am glad I have mine and there is extra pleasure you can get from the foreskin as others have mentioned. I have not had any serious issues with hygiene, and as long as you regularly peel it back and clean I don't think you should. Besides the extra pleasure, I just feel that leaving the boy intact and teaching him about hygiene is better for him. My two cents.
  • I was cut at birth and now I am 71 years old. I would give anything to have my foreskin back. My opinion if you use good hygiene there is no problems. The excuse for circumcism was hygiene and the peer pressure of being different from other boys growing up. If you are cust the sensitivity is very definitely reduced. When you get my age you need all the help you can get when you have to battle ED and other problems. Therefore in 2009 I embarked on the process of restoring my foreskin. There are vairous methods, manual exercises, as well as tools you can use to accomplish this. Am I there yet? No but I can defiinitely tell the difference in sensitivity and the wornderful feeling of the skin gliding over the corona. If anyone is interested there are restoring sites on the web that can give additional informaiton and help. So yes I want a foreksin and if I live long enough I will have one like God created me in the first place.
  • nice video of history of circumcision ... 

• sorry, tried to paste a link to this video, but dont know how....anyway, the title of the youtube video is...Circumcision,The Whole Story.

• rumelrumel
    chuckjo2000,

It is pretty easy to insert a URL link into your post. First, while watching your YouTube video, copy the URL address to your clipboard, Second, paste the URL address into the edit/comment box. Third, highlight the address you just pasted and click on the little green 'chain' icon (it will say "Insert Hyperlink" when you mouse over it) on the edit toolbar, copy/paste the address into this little edit box. Fourth, click the "Submit" button and you've done it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAXantm4tE

If you want it to look a little nicer you can use some html coding to create a text link such as this -> Circumcision, The Whole Story
    image Good Vibes to You ! image

• ineverknewineverknew
    Thanks @Chuckjo2000.  Great informative video.  Common Sense!
  • Thanks, Rumel..my kids all still tease me and my wife for our pen and paper mentality at times. Chuck
  • helix44helix44
    I am intact, my husband is cut.  After nearly 20 years we've gotten to know each others' bodies well, and I'd say we both agree that being intact has its advantages.  I've learned that during oral sex he is most sensitive right at the frenulum and the ring right around the base of his head.  He has discovered that pulling back my foreskin turns it inside out, exposing a much larger area of super-sensitive skin.   

You might think that would cause me to come much faster, but it seems to be the opposite.  He seems to feel a less intense sensation but then comes suddenly and without being able to hold back.  My sensation is stronger, or maybe just richer in some way, and I never find myself coming before I want to.  These could just be individual differences!  You never know, but they don't seem unrelated to the state of our foreskins either.

I don't really want to ignite yet another internet circumcision debate, but there's something that doesn't make sense about the HIV transmission findings.  The US has high rate of circumcision while Europe's is low, but the rates of HIV transmission are the reverse of what you'd expect if foreskins are a culprit.  Safe sex and education are way more important!  

Some other random thoughts:
    • Cleaning is a non-issue.  Takes seconds every time I shower.
    • We have two sons, who we left intact.  Cleaning is also a non-issue for them.  As babies there was nothing to do, and now I teach them to retract as far as comfortable when they bathe and give themselves a little rinse.  Their reaction?  "It tickles!".  If only they knew...
    • Never needed lube for masturbation, but it's great with lube too!
    • No effect on aneros experience at all, I think.  My husband isn't into it so no point of comparison there.
    It's great to see the US finally having a conversation about circumcision, especially since I grew up in the 70's feeling like such an oddball for having a "pointy" penis.  The practice is becoming less common as we Americans collectively get over the ick-factor and learn that intact is perfectly OK.  In a few years we'll probably look back and marvel that Victorian prudes ever managed to think that they could stop boys from having fun with their bodies by removing foreskins.  After 100 years I think we can call that a failed experiment!
  • darwindarwin
    Helix66, thanks, that is a good bit of info.

I'd like to clarify the part about circumcision and HIV, though my thoughts are only educated guesses.

I suspect that in unprotected intercourse circumcision reduces transmission rates, and that that is fairly well documented.  The figures you site are confounded by the prevalence or absence of protected sex is my guess.

Darwin
  • isvaraisvara
    @darwin, I also think the figures are swayed by the way statistics are gathered. Some years a ago the New Scientist magazine ran an article on the statistics of Prostate Cancer. The rate of survival appeared much higher in the US than in UK. Scary! But when the way the stats we adjusted there was little difference. If I remember the reason was because more men in US were tested more often so it appeared there was a better survival rate.
    Re circumcision and AIDS you are correct, that is well documented.
    Not wishing to inflame the thread but it does seem to be more complicated being uncut than cut. This is simply an observation from the above posts.
    Of course some were badly cut too soon and too much by amateurs. That is sad.
  • enigmaenigma
    I am uncircumcised and for 63 years has been no trouble at all, but here in the UK it is the norm.
    Apart from Jewish children it is usually only ever done for medical reasons.

There was a long discussion on this a few years ago

https://www.aneros.com/forum/discussion/10371/foreskin-restoration-restoration-of-the-world/p1 
  • cj187cj187
    I'm also intact, well to a fashion given I've torn my frenulum on a couple of occasions during particularly vigorous sex. Yes this hurt like hell for a few weeks. But it's all fine now, well I have a small flap of skin there but that's really a non issue and it retracts much further back too.

In terms of sensitivity again it's not really an issue for me, I can take an incredibly long time to reach orgasm at times. Which I also attribute to me being unable to reach Super-O. I think it's a psychological thing however as it does feel great, just I've always been a lady cums first kind of guy.

• isvaraisvara
    @enigma, just a addendum. Islamic boys are the largest group of circumcised men in the world, the number is in the multi millions. They will probably out number the Jewish boys sooner or later in the UK. Sort of the elephant in the room.
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Latest study results seem credible. Article about it, here:

Cheers,

Dave

• darwindarwin
    That article, and that scientist's message, are highly misleading.  To say that the medical risks of circumcision are way less than that of being intact, and that therefore circumcision should be mandatory is outrageous.

The medical risks of circumcision are indeed very small, but so are those of not circumcising.

The point is:  the medical risks of the foreskin are so small that they don't really matter (except in populations with a high rate of HIV).  

If the foreskin had no value, then removing it would be ok.   But that doctor is not considering the benefits of having a foreskin.

What a disgusting article.

Darwin
  • isvaraisvara
    Oh dear, I thought it was good, went perhaps a little over the top but probably necessary to make the point. It would be interesting to know how accurate the medical stats. But even from the posts above uncut seem to have more problems that cut. That may be general and gave rise to Judaism, Islam and other religions (except Xty) making circ part of their culture. It probably doesn't matter that much. All good fun!
    Is there a Poll on cut or uncut members ( I mean forum folk!)
    It would be good to know some thing like the following
    1 cut
    2 cut with problems
    3 uncut
    4 uncut with problems
  • ineverknewineverknew
    I think the bottom line here is that some people think it should be ok to perform a surgery on a newborn and remove part of its anatomy to prevent disease or compliations that may or may not arise.  The chance of disease seems statistically minute to me.  I dont know, modern medical thinking just disgusts me sometimes.  Its all about the money.  Follow the money trail.  
  • devajonesdevajones
    hi guys, i'm a little late to the party but @isvara summoned me lol. Pros and cons well i'll say this. As i stated in the chatroom earlier today being a woman for me it is more about the man than his foreskin. It is really usually not his choice whether he has foreskin or not, it is usually his parents decision. However I am foreskin neutral. I dont really care, if he is uncut then i enjoy it (there are interesting things you can do with foreskin...its fun), if he is cut i enjoy it just the same. Vaginally a woman cant tell if a guy is cut or uncut, only visually, or tactilly (is that a word??? touch damnit touch!!) can she tell. Now as far as sensitivity in my experience all the guys who were uncut if the foreskin is pulled back and the head of his penis is stimulated he was much more sensitive. Blow jobs were a breeze on those guys. For guys without foreskin, blowjobs require a little more skill and patience...but hey who doesnt like a challenge??? So all in all they are both fun. I dont know if it completely changes a mans sex life if he is cut however. I think if a guy is cut he is capable of still having a stellar sex life, however i think that sex revolves around so much more than a mans penis...obviously or i wouldnt be on this site...

@ineverknew i agree with you on how doctors are quick to give you a pill to make meds companies some more money, or suggest a procedure so they can make more money etc...without really looking at things objectively. one of the many reasons i dont reallly believe in western medicine....but thats a whole other rant.

My main concern for guys and babies that parents are considering this for is that they take all views into consideration. Health is the main concern for me. Yes there are cases when a guy was not circumcized and a health issue came up where he had to be cut a lot later on in life (one of my close friends had that happen), and there are also cases where a guy wants to get his foreskin restored (had an ex go through that procedure)....i support whatever a person wants to do. However I promote any person to feel content with themselves first and foremost, if you dont it affects every aspect of your life, especially your sex life...just my 2 cents

*steps down off soap box*
  • devajonesdevajones

hi guys, i'm a little late to the party but @isvara summoned me lol.  Pros and cons well i'll say this. As i stated in the chatroom earlier today being a woman for me it is more about the man than his foreskin.  It is really usually not his choice whether he has foreskin or not, it is usually his parents decision.  However I am foreskin neutral.  I dont really care, if he is uncut then i enjoy it (there are interesting things you can do with foreskin...its fun), if he is cut i enjoy it just the same.  Vaginally a woman cant tell if a guy is cut or uncut, only visually, or tactilly (is that a word??? touch damnit touch!!) can she tell.  Now as far as sensitivity in my experience all the guys who were uncut if the foreskin is pulled back and the head of his penis is stimulated he was much more sensitive.  Blow jobs were a breeze on those guys.  For guys without foreskin, blowjobs require a little more skill and patience...but hey who doesnt like a challenge??? So all in all they are both fun.  I dont know if it completely changes a mans sex life if he is cut however.  I think if a guy is cut he is capable of still having a stellar sex life, however i think that sex revolves around so much more than a mans penis...obviously or i wouldnt be on this site...

@ineverknew i agree with you on how doctors are quick to give you a pill to make meds companies some more money, or suggest a procedure so they can make more money etc...without really looking at things objectively.  one of the many reasons i dont reallly believe in western medicine....but thats a whole other rant.

My main concern for guys and babies that parents are considering this for is that they take all views into consideration.  Health is the main concern for me.  Yes there are cases when a guy was not circumcized and a health issue came up where he had to be cut a lot later on in life (one of my close friends had that happen), and there are also cases where a guy wants to get his foreskin restored (had an ex go through that procedure)....i support whatever a person wants to do or has to do.  However I promote any person to feel content with themselves first and foremost, if you dont it affects every aspect of your life, especially your sex life...having or not having foreskin will not make or break you.  I've never heard a woman (although i'm sure there are some that exist) say oh i dumped him or dont want to have anything to do with him because he is NOT cut.  I've never heard a woman say she only wants uncut men either (i'm sure there are some of those too), i'm saying those extremes are rare. 

just my 2 cents *steps down off soap box*

• isvaraisvara
    @devajones, thank you. Just what I wanted to know and just what I needed to know. I will pass all than on to isvarason so he can relax and enjoy.
  • ineverknewineverknew
    @devajones, thanks for your input.  I would love to hear your views on western medicine sometime  ;)
  • devajonesdevajones
    @isvara and @ineverknew you are very welcome, and sure no prob we can talk about the screw jobs that are western medicine.

I wanted to touch on something @Pommie said. I dont think your lack of foreskin was the problem with lubrication. As men are not the primary lubricators. Yes precum does add a bit of lube, but unless you are a man who absolutely dribbles precum constantly (there are some that do...in my experience most dont, its only a little here and there) then the women provides the majority of the lubrication (this is if we are talking vaginal sex). However there are some women when at the height of arousal are dripping wet...then there are other women who i assume dont produce much vaginal secretions at all, or may have an issue with vaginal dryness. My husband is cut and we have no lubrication issues. The times when there was a lube issue it was because I was not fully aroused and he was rushing and being goal oriented....I put a stop to that quickly because being rubbed raw down there is not pleasant. So to answer your question foreskin or no foreskin if you are talking vaginal sex there shouldnt be a need for lube unless there are other issues going on (she's not fully aroused, doesnt produce many juices, or something medical, etc...).