Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Progasm Classic vs. ICE
  • LPW
    Hi all. I've had an Aneros Helix classic for a few months now, and have been happy with it so far. I've been thinking of getting a Progasm sometime in the future, and was wondering which is recommended. I know the ICE version is made of a different material, but what other benefits/differences are there between the models?
  • BigGlansDC
    Hi @LPW,

I have both the Progasm Classic and Progasm ICE models.

The Progasm Classic is the oldest in the Progasm line. It has a heavier Acetal plastic. The Progasm ICE is newer and has a lighter Tritan plastic. The Progasm Classic gives you a rather rugged ride, whereas the Progasm ICE gives you a sleeker, smoother ride. 

You may want to buy Progasm ICE an an intermediate model, before getting Progasm Classic.

I purchased both models and just love their different action.

Take care,

Thom./BigGlansDC
  • LPW
    Thanks for the input BigGlansDC. Anyone else have any input as well? :)
  • varmintvarmint
    @LPW - Love my Progasm ICE; beautiful to look at and ride!
  • More importantly: The ICE is more durable than the previous version. Mine (white) developed cracks in the arms so I retired it (emotional value, it was my "firestarter") in favor of a new ICE. I've read of other people discovering cracks.

I've take a weight measurement on mine:
    ICE: 85 grams / 2.9 ounces (bought in the year it was introduced... when?)
    Classic: 74 grams / 2.5 ounces (bought Q1 of 2009)

Cheers!
  • BigGlansDC
    Hi @Pareidolia,

I am sorry that you had to retire your Progasm Classic due to cracks in its arms. Fortunately I have not discovered any such perfections in my Progasm Classic which I purchased in late December 2011.

Also I am surprised that the Progasm ICE is heavier than Progasm Classic. I thought it was the other way around. Progasm Classic amazes me with his rugged, manly ride whereas the Progasm ICE is silkily smooth in his action.

However, I treat all my Aneros models carefully and gingerly because I love them very much and what they have done to me in the 18+ months I have used them. But now I have been discovering all so recently many wonderful and new things as I use all my Aneros models in newly discovered bodily positions which have given me Anerosing such sweetness and deliciousness along with their manly loving! ;) :D :D

Thom./BigGlansDC

• LPW
    Hmm, interesting about the cracks in the classic version. Thanks for the input everyone.

Side note: I wanted to create another thread with a poll, but can't figure out how to add the poll? I check the box that says create a poll, but no fields pop up for me to enter possible options. Anyone know how to start one?