Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

How long to abstain from ANEROS use before PSA testing?
  • sskerr
    How long to abstain from ANEROS use before PSA testing?  Several years ago I was sexually active the day before I had blood and urine samples taken and the PSA levels triggered a whole lot of testing which came back negative.  I had abstain from sexual activity's and bike riding.until the extra test were completed.
  • rumelrumel
    @sskerr,

Please read this thread Aneros and PSA Test to get your answers.
    image Good Vibes to You ! image
  • isvara
    Search for PSA revealed this quote>
    Geezer,

Yes, Aneros use will most likely raise your PSA. But keep in mind that ejaculation can raise your PSA as well. A urologist will often tell you to wait 48 hours after an ejaculation before taking a PSA if they want a more accurate test. The same goes for a prostate ultrasound procedure (that involves some pressure applied to the prostate). In addition, bear in mind that if there’s been any trauma during any of these sessions, i.e. from working the Aneros by hand for example (which I’ve always cautioned strongly against) then you will need to wait even longer. If you have ANY soreness in the prostate as result of your sessions, I’d wait at least 4 to 5 days after the symptoms subside before taking a PSA.

It’s important to remember that a PSA does NOT test for cancer per se, but for an antigen (protein) that is produced by the prostate, for various reasons (several of which have nothing to do with cancer).

BF Mayfield>
    Unquote
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    sskerr,

Be sure to read through the link that Rumel posted, as it contains several advanced user opinions including one from slimjim (a physician).  To update my previous comments I recently changed urologists and my new doctor said that she generally recommends 3 days.  But she added that if I really wanted to err on the side of caution......one week!

BF Mayfield 
  • slimjm
    I've done a PSA within as little as about 3 days of a session and noted no changes.  But then I do very gentle sessions usually only about 20 minutes at most (the orgasms start very quickly for me for some reason) with my favorite model, the Eupho which tickles the gland more than pushes hard on it.
  • PSA is a poor test.  I used an aneros daily for a week than did a PSA.  It was0.4