Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Sorry to ask this here, but...
  • DeckardDeckard
    ...what the hell has been going on with this forum? I've been trying to get in here for the last few weeks.

So now today I see that I can actually get in, but there's nothing said about the past months of activity. I'd heard that the site was hacked at one point, but that didn't seem to explain things like clicking on links to the forum and being sent to the chat room.

Can someone here please provide a little information?
  • it seems forum was screwed, now ok though... wouldne worry about it too much... they are only pesky hackers, little vermin.

This community's stronger than that.

HB
  • twlltintwlltin
    The whole Aneros website was affected in one way or another, several times starting in November 2011, if my memory serves me right. Worst hit were the forum/chat functions. Eventually, in March things got so bad that it appears that it required a full strip down and rebuild. Not all the features were restored.

In the down time, a core few of us kept in touch on the IRC server I run, and through Yahoo Messenger.
  • DeckardDeckard
    Thanks for the info.
  • PareidoliaPareidolia
    [QUOTE=twlltin;48204]Eventually, in March things got so bad that it appears that it required a full strip down and rebuild. Not all the features were restored.

I'd explain that like so: In March the vulnerabilities of the then used version of vBulletin were exploited, so a new version was installed to plug the holes. Old features are not yet ported to the new version.