Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Forum Update
  • CTCT
    Hey Everyone,

We installed an updated version of the vBulletin software and wanted to do a soft launch before I send out an official announcement.

If you notice anything that needs to be fixed, please feel free to post here!

Thanks,
    CT
  • twlltintwlltin
    Many thanks for the hard work.
  • I've received a PM from another member, but did not receive email notification. And, yes, my preferences are set to be notified.
  • Also, if you try to view a member's posting history, you get nothing prior to today. I just tried to "View Forum Posts" for B Mayfield and the database shows none.I also tried to add this to my post above and I'm unable to edit. (Using Safari on a Mac.)
  • The forum doesn't seem to be reading hard returns. Everything is showing up as a single paragraph.
  • twlltintwlltin
    ct: See your private messages for information on an information disclosure which has come about as part of the upgrade.
  • Linghaman
    Thanks for all your work Aneros Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We love you!! LOLBigguy
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Hello, CT.Using Chrome on a Win XP PC, the carriage return is AFU and the "Reply" button hangs the page (Browser back arrow recovers it -- reply box never opens.Cheers,Dave
  • aneros
    Thanks for the feedback. We are continuing to work the bugs out as quickly as we can.
  • isvara
    Thank you for the work you are doing. Hard returns don't work on Apple iMac and iPad. Also the edit buttons at bottom right under the edit box do not work on the above units. Post quick reply does work.
  • Badger
    I never got an email, either. I just happened to check the forum page, and it was back.
  • aneros
    Hey Badger, I am waiting until the bugs are worked out before I send an official announcement.
  • Profiles are gone. Mac OS X Firefox. Thanks for the hard work. (Edit worked for me) Edited to add - FAQs pulls up a blank screen for me.
  • RJT
    Got this by clicking on "Mark this forum read" under "forum tools"

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid. If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

• [QUOTE=RJT;47034]Got this by clicking on "Mark this forum read" under "forum tools" I got the same message sent to me in a notification email after posting my comment.
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    SysOp; The "attach" function for posts does not work at all.
  • rookrook
    carriage return test using Chrome on Linux new paragraph ...rook
  • twlltintwlltin
    Testing carriage returns
    line 1
    line 2
    line 3
  • Blak4dr
    I had to reset my password (twice!) as the forum did not want me to connect. Also, I don't know if it is related, but I cannot seem to be able to manage my blog. It won't let me add any entry or manage the ones already there.
  • The anerosMe page shows a login and description but when you try to login it just takes back to the same page and login screen.
  • I'm logged in, but when I try to send a reply to a thread in forum, I get a message saying I am not logged in. When I try to log in again (although the message on the top of the page says I am logged in) as in previous reply, I just get put back into the message saying I am not logged in. Today is the first time with this problem for me, but has been numerous times, and of course it is frustrating. Is the site still or again being hacked into?
  • Has been working correctly for me now.
  • rookrook
    It would be helpful for the 'Log Out and personal ID flags to disappear when authentication times out or is closed due to site navigation (i.e. changing between Forum and Personal Messages, then back to Forum)
  • I am new to the forum but reading throught any of the posts when ever there is a picture or a link to a picture the file is missing or it takes you to the Aneros shop. If you need a idea of a place to try I have been looking at the threads about modified aneroses.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Blog entries don't work.

And the auto time out for being logged in with no activity if far too short. I lost a big post I was going to make because of this. Rather frustrating. My own fault for not typing it up in LibreOffice first and copy and pasting it here. But just from reading threads I've had to log in again several times.

I'm on Linuxmint 12 Gnome 64-bit with Firefox v12 as the browser.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Also, did we lose all of the community polls as a result of the hacking or forum software upgrade?
  • rookrook
    I prefer to think (perhaps delusionally) that restoration of the old Forum functions, including Polls, is a work in progress. I hope that we'll see all the old features return with enhanced security.

I hesitate to provide much feedback at this time since I don't really know if what we have is an Alfa, Beta or Production Forum.

Twlltin's Alternate Chat is carrying the load for the most intense users -- I think that's about three-dozen males and an occasional female. That Chat has a capability for multiple chat rooms however 99% of the chat is on the #aneros Channel. Our many thanks should go to Twlltin for funding and operating this Alternate. We should not expect him to continue donating his money and time indefinitely.

It would be helpful if Admin could occasionally post a status report on where the site is and where it might be going. That would help many of us in providing meaningful feedback.
  • Badger
    Hey, is the forum officially open? I haven't gotten my email notice yet.
  • rookrook
    Forum appears to be working.

There are some navigation issues though -- if one navigates to P.M. then attempts to navigate back the internal links don't work; however, clicking on an external bookmark handles the return and maintains authentication during the process.

They're gettin' there !

rook
  • The last few days I have been having difficulte even getting logged in. Then when I try to get to forums it often takes me to chat section, which of course is not operable. By some finagling, I'm not even sure how, I get to forums. Doesn't seem to be much new action there, so I'm wondering what's going on. Also, have not gotten any notifications as I have been.
  • tairy
    I've been having the same problem on multiple machines. I usually use Chrome or Firefox, and both have been taking me to the chat page instead. Just now on a whim I tried Safari and managed to get to the forum.
  • twlltintwlltin
    The only way I can get in is by using the direct link for "New Posts":

http://www.aneros.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post
  • CTCT
    [QUOTE=tairy;47386]I've been having the same problem on multiple machines. I usually use Chrome or Firefox, and both have been taking me to the chat page instead. Just now on a whim I tried Safari and managed to get to the forum.

This should be resolved now.
  • Bravo! It's back to normal on getting to forum by clicking on it. Thank you for all you all do. It seems to me that the site is being used less now than before the crash. It is valuable to me, so I keep checking.
    Paul
  • Having said the above, it is only possible to get to the complete forums by clicking on "General Discussion" on upper right. Clicking on Forum on upper left only goes to the top ones, not from new and down.
    Paul
  • CTCT
    Hey Paul,

Can you please explain what you mean by "not from new and down?"

Thanks!
  • I meant that only the top 9 from Sticky would show, and not the new ones under there. It is working great today. Thank you.
    Paul