Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Sleep Apnea or Nocturnal Aneroless Dry Orgasm?
  • stumpy
    Ok, so I've been working WITHOUT the Anero's a lot over the last week. When I'm relaxed, just kicking back watching TV I can feel minor P-Waves and I'm able to close my eyes and focus them into some very pleasurable sensations...even into some minor Brain Gasm's at times. However I don't usually let them get to intense because my wive and kids wouldn't quite understand what is happening.Anyways last night when I went to bed they were pretty intense from the moment I laid down, mind you I was already going to bed an hour and a half late, so I didn't want to delve to deep into an Aneroless session. However I was able to enjoy some pretty intense sensations for a good 30ish minutes or so. At that point I said I need to get some sleep as it was midnight and I wake up at 4:30am every morning without fail to go to the gym. So I head downstairs and take 1/2 of a prescription sleep aid (not Ambien, just a low dose Anti Depressant that causes drowsiness and usually no lasting hangover effects, which I've taken on occasion for almost a year). Then I fall asleep while still enjoying some minor P-Waves. A while later (not quite sure what time this happened) I wake up with, what my wife describes as me laying on my stomach and my head pops up with a jolt and takes 3 massive gasps for air. She pops up and asks me if I'm alright, I faintly remember some of this, but don't recall any sensations, she said I just said yes and then we went back to sleep. Well from what she told me this morning I was very restless and gasped 2 or 3 other times very shortly after, which I don't recall. After the first one she actually said she thought she was hallucinating about me doing this the additional times because it was apparently that dramatic that is woke her so abrupt. Is it possible that my P-Waves continued to build in my sleep and I had some massive Dry Orgasm in my sleep? My wife has always thought I have minor case of sleep apnea, but nothing ever this abrupt before and we've been married almost 17 yrs. Again I don't remember all of this, but the p-waves before getting to sleep were the most intense I have ever experienced without the Anero's. This entire thing could make for an interesting sleep study, however they might be a little shocked if that's what I did.Any thoughts??
  • stumpy
    Why do my line breaks not work??
  • It seems it would be very important to have a sleep study to rule out sleep apnea. Oxygen deprivation can cause brain damage.
  • stumpy
    I certainly don't disagree with you that it can be very serious and I'll consider a sleep study. Either way since this is the first instance of something so dramatic after a pleasant Anero-less Session, I wonder if this instance isn't attributed to my new found muscle tone/sensations. Not to mention with only 4 hours sleep I expected to be dragging ass this morning as I usually get 6-8 hrs, but I woke up incredibly rested and ready to go today.
  • cet
    Everyone experiences apneas when the sleep. When they occur beyond a particular threshold is when one is officially diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea. If you snore a lot, there's a good chance you may have excessive apnea occurrences throughout the night. One thing you might want to invest in is a finger pulse oximeter. They are very inexpensive these days, and some come with alarms that will sound if your O2 saturation level drops below a particular level. You can also record your night's sleep and load it into software to see how many episodes you experienced. Of course, you primary care physician should be your first stop if you think you may be experiencing excessive apneas, however this is a good tool to use if you're not sure and quite ready to go through a sleep study. Best of Luck! :) ... And, even though your O2 sats do drop, you will wake up, even if it is with a gasp, and start breathing normally again.
  • slimjm
    I can't imagine what you experienced is in any way related to an Aneros-less dry orgasm in your sleep. After getting to the point I could have Aneros driven dry orgasms I could occasionally experience them Aneros-less-ly, but only with lots of relaxation and tickling my nipples. Only on one occasion did I awaken from sleep with what felt like a wet dream (which I generally rarely have) but which turned out in fact to be a dry orgasm. It has never occurred since.
  • imperiumimperium
    I have had a fair amount of midnight aneros less orgasms some dry some wet some weak some vivid. For me 100% of the time they wake me up I am naturally a heavy hard sleeper and not easily woken, and i always have at least a little memory of it. When your brain needs air it makes you inhale deeply through a wide mouth aka yawning. Your story of deep inhaling without waking does not sound like an orgasmic event to me. As others have said it may be wise to seek medical aid.
  • stumpy
    Just to clarify...I did awaken...as did my wife and she asked me what was wrong and I said "nothing I'm fine". I remember that much, it happened 2 more times and I remember saying it again. I did take a half a sleeping pill, but I remember a sense of I didn't want her to worry about it...which actually makes me think that I was having something different then just sleep apnea.
  • Some Guy
    I'm inclined to say it's sleep apnea. If you wake up multiple times gasping for air, its because you stopped breathing. I have it and I highly recommend you have a sleep study done. Failing to treat it will mean you will die earlier.
  • timmymao
    Agree with all the other sleep apnea replies. One data point I learned from our local sleep center is they have no new patients beyond age 60, likely because all of that group has already died from undiagnosed sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is almost never listed as cause of death but it is responsible for strokes, heart attacks, obesity, cognitive impairment and a host of other diseases. As for the dry orgasm, every one I've ever had while sleeping has awoken me with pleasurable sensations that are not something you're likely to forget right away.