Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Unofficial chat available
  • twlltintwlltin
    Unofficial Aneros Chat

You can then either join the chat or view the logs. (The interface to the channel logs is currently very rough.)

When joining chat using the web browser interface, you will be asked for a nickname to use (one is randomly generated for you, but you can and should change it) and the server password, which is currently helix (all lower case). Then click "Connect".

This will be available 24/7 for at least the next four weeks, unless the facility is abused or Aneros support request that I close it.

Feedback is welcome.
  • Cool beans.
  • artformartform
    Thanks so much twlltin!! :D :D

And Support for allowing this very worthwhile experiment/demonstration!! :D :D

Had several great conversations in this chat room yesterday, and with some who do not typically show up in the regular weekend chats! A key finding! Let's see how "established" this communications channel seems to becum over time...

Thanks again all!

all eros sparks eroticism in all corporal and spiritual communications channels, the metaphorical landscapes of the body/mind and the art form of our being in the world all

artform
  • jocco
    hey thanks a lot! Much appreciated!
  • twlltintwlltin
    It appears that Support haven't set up the official chat schedule for this weekend yet. If they forget, the unofficial chat is still open. (But I would say that, wouldn't I? :) )

PS. If you're on a Mac, I suggest Firefox rather than Safari for connecting to the chat server. Safari connects but then drops the connection after a few minutes.
  • Thanks, Twll.

Your alternate chat system works fine.

Best Regards,

Dave
  • It's giving me the error just now that says "maximum connection for that IP have been allotted.
    So I'm assuming that's exactly what it means, that it is full.
    Out of curiosity what is the max # currently allowed?
    Also this has proven that we need a idle auto kick, there has been a idle user in there for a few days. that issue needs worked out.

Edit: i got in and apparently it was not full, then i got dropped and it took a few tries to get back in. So it would appear whatever the trouble was it was just on my end.
  • twlltintwlltin
    Maximum connection from that IP sounds like a problem in the server config…

Yes, it was 2 per IP, which would cause problems with the web client connections all coming from the same group of IP addresses.

As to idlers, that one is using an IRC client, not the web client. I'm not particularly bothered by that. Over two days of idling is excessive, though.
  • I can't get in. The keypad goes away immediately. Any suggestions?
  • twlltintwlltin
    One of Mibbit's servers has gone bad. I've changed the chat web page to link directly to one of the working ones rather than to the pool.
  • twlltintwlltin
    Unofficial chat is still open.
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Thanks a bunch, twlltin.

The unofficial chat room is nice to have during the week.

Best Regards,

Dave
  • twlltintwlltin
    Bump! Unofficial chat will continue to be open 24/7 until at least the middle of November. I'm considering making it permanent.
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Thanks, again, twll.

I appreciate the effoit.

Cheers,

Dave
  • twlltintwlltin
    Bump!

A couple of commands that are useful:

/MUTE turns off the sounds
    /NICK nickname sets a nickname if you've forgotten to do so
  • twlltintwlltin
    Unofficial Aneros Chat

It's possible to have a private chat with someone on this system too. If you're using the web interface, click on the person's name from the column on the right, and select "PM". That will open up a new tab for the private chat with that person.

To "whisper" you use the /notice command, like this
    /notice twlltin What does your nickname mean?

It will appear to the recipient in a different colour on their screen.
  • twlltintwlltin
    Please note that anyone who is used to being a chatguest and effectively invisible on the official chat, will not have that luxury on the unofficial chat. We can see you and we will attempt to talk to you. Be warned.
  • Thanks again, twll, for setting up the room and taking the time to moderate the chat.

Cheers,

Dave
  • [QUOTE=ten_s_nut;101875]Thanks again, twll, for setting up the room and taking the time to moderate the chat.

^^^ That ^^^
  • cant seem to get in. i changed the nickname but what should i use for a pass word. everything i put in is rejected
  • twlltintwlltin
    helix (all lower case)
  • Great job, twll!

It would be nice if people remembered to name themselves before typing the password (helix). Otherwise, people who have handles in this forum show up as cryptic numbers.

Cheers,

Dave
  • Twll, I stopped by the site. It looks nice. No one was on at the time, but the setup and everything looks good. I'll be popping in from time to time to see if anyone is on. I do like the idea that I can come and go as I have the time. Being a student in school who works full time, I may only have a few minutes here or there to drop in, catch up, and check things out. I think this is a good opportunity to see how well a full time open session might work. I also agree that Aneros Support is very generous in allowing this chance as well. It is appreciated.
  • twlltintwlltin
    Incidentally, the official Aneros chat will be open from this afternoon (3pm EST/8pm GMT). It also appears to be extended over the US Thanksgiving weekend.

Whilst the unofficial chat remains open all the time, when Aneros's own chat is open you are more likely to find people in there.
  • Good to see you're keeping this chat alive.

Thanks again, twlltin!

Dave
  • twlltintwlltin
    Well, official chat is open from 3pm EST today until Monday. (Even with the Aneros front page having been hacked.)
  • I'm amazed you're still supporting this chat room.

Mucho thanks, twltin!

Dave
  • brine
    Yes, twll. Thanks a bunch for keeping the site up and running.

Brian
  • twlltintwlltin
    NB. Official chat will be open this afternoon (EST) until the early hours of Tuesday. Something must be happening on the other side of the Pond this weekend. :)
  • brine
    Yep, good old American Thanksgiving week.
  • twlltin;

Seems like your http://92.243.6.142/chat.html "Unofficial Aneros Chat" site is more reliable than the Aneros one. Kind of ironic.

Cheers,

Dave
  • All;

Aneros Chat was broken and now it's fixed.

Thanks, Support.

Dave
  • twlltin;

Thanks again for setting up and maintaining the unofficial chat during the week when Aneros Chat is closed.

Here: Unofficial Aneros Chat

Cheers,

Dave
  • I repeat what others have said .... this is great service to the community.

Here: Unofficial Aneros Chat

Bigguy, Linghaman
  • artformartform
    Just had another great evening chat on this great gift of a demonstration service: http://www.aneros.com/forum/f5/unofficial-chat-available-16043/

Thanks so much twlltin!!

artform
  • This chat is really neat. Have not seen many people in it yet, though.
  • twlltintwlltin
    You won't whilst the official one is open... and that's open until early on Jan 3rd.
  • Really enjoyed the chat the last few days. Met a lot of great people. Looking forward to the next session.
  • twlltintwlltin
    The normal routine seems to be that Aneros Chat is open from Friday 3pm (EST) until Monday 3am (EST). This sometimes is extended (eg. USA's Labor Day, USA's Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas*/New Year).

__
    * Substitute your own favourite mid-Winter festival.
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    twll;

Thanks so much for keeping your unofficial Aneros chat alive. Someday, Aneros will find the resources to keep their own chat room open during the week. Until then, keep on keeping on.

Best Regards,

Dave
  • twlltintwlltin
    Um... Aneros's own chat area is open all this month.
  • twlltintwlltin
    Bump! During the periods when the official chat has closed its doors, an alternative venue is available. Scroll up to the top of this thread for details.
  • artformartform
    Merci, merci, merci milles fois mon ami!!! :D :D
  • imperiumimperium
    Bump for now while official is still getting worked on.
  • Tonight has been a little problematic. I keep needing to reload the page. For now, it's not letting me back on the server, but I anticipate this is only temporary. Just posting this in case Twll has any thoughts or ideas.
  • rookrook
    twll has, in the past, suggested that some of the 'interruption' issues are caused when mibbit reloads it's advertisements and sends a page reload command to your computer. On the rare occasions when I use mibbit, I've not seen this issue. Perhaps it's more a Windows problem. One solution for this is to put an ad-blocker on your computer. ¶¶ My personal solution has been to use an IRC client, "Konversation" as my favorite for my Linux based laptop. I use WIRC on my tablet.¶¶ If you are running Windoze then checkout "MIRC". Get more information on IRC clients and the world of Internet chat rooms (channels) at: -- www.irchelp.org -- ¶¶ hope this helps .... rook
  • artformartform
    Wonderful to still have this chat option while main site still under reconstruction. Thanks again twlltin!!
  • brine
    Agreed, art.

Miss the Aneros chat. Hoping it will re-emerge soon!

Brian
  • twlltintwlltin
    As some were having trouble with the Mibbit web chat client, I've added an alternative one (qwebirc) which doesn't have any adverts. The Mibbit one remains available for those who liked it.
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Mucho thanks, twll!

The "new" Web chat client is fast and doesn't hang.

Best Regards,

Dave
  • taran
    Just thought I'd bump this thread to remind everyone of the unofficial chat.