Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Ideas for Spreading the Word...
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Thanks for the pointer, Tex.

I posted a comment there, too. Should be up in a few minutes.

Cheers,

Dave
  • artformartform
    Whoa BigTex and ten_s_nut!!! :D :D :D

Great diplomatic probe to another planet! They are a busy bunch. So many posts following yours... Hope some of them notice. Keep up the good work! :D

artform
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Hello, all.

The following quote is from MindTravel's post in the Forum, today:

What I need, and what is needed by whoever wants to tell their friends about the Aneros, is an effective introduction to the concept of the Aneros and the Super-O that is approachable even to someone uncomfortable with sex toys and anal sexuality. In my eyes, this would consist of multiple accounts of the Super-O that are not more explicit than necessary. (Some material I read here is pretty raunchy... it reads a lot like erotica in many instances. Which, in a moderate degree, is probably good--if you can pique sexual interest without it being overwhelmed by the taboo alarm bell, then a private follow-up is likely. However, some of the accounts are too extreme in this way.)

I really want to give Aneros free advertising! I want to open the way for my friends to experience this "journey." But I don't feel like I have the tools. This thread is meant to become an effort from the users to collect a base of material suitable for use in introducing this sexual world to newcomers who wouldn't automatically be comfortable with it.

It can be as simple as collecting testimonials that get the point across without making it sound like overhyped BS. Any other ideas you have, post them! Let's do this. My objective is a succinct document or email that can be sent to close friends to suggest a further investigation and provide them with the ways to learn more, as in links.

He makes a good point about how simply linking guys to the Aneros site could be counter-productive, due to somewhat racy and kinky content here and there.

The simple way to spread the word is to... (wait for it) spread the word. If each of us tells four people and even if only one of the four tries Aneros and tells four more people, the information will spread exponentially. So, I've told four people. How about you?

Cheers,

Dave
  • Evening guys,

Here's an idea. We take out an ad in a magazine or newspaper or a put on a big billboard saying
    Something like " Men, how would you like to have 10 or 50 or hundreds of incredible long lasting orgasms in one night? If you think you might be interested in learning about this, call 1-800-......." We could have volunteers like us manning the phone (no pun intended) who have used tthese wonderful toys. How does that sound for spreading the word? When I'd mentioned this to a couple of guys, that's how I started off. And guesswhat theywanted to know more
  • As Rumel suggested, here I've copied the starting post from my other thread:

]For reference, here's a thread from the Testimonials section. http://www.aneros.com/forum/f7/why-isnt-common-knowledge-15453/

So, why isn't it common knowledge?

We all know why, and it's very simple: because sex is fairly taboo, and nontraditional sexual exploration is very taboo. And for guys, anal penetration is the ultimate taboo.

But we can spread the pleasure by spreading the word. It's a win-win: more people feel more pleasure, and the taboo becomes lighter, and then even more people try it, and all the while the knowledge base is expanding--a self-compounding cycle that begins with us, and how we go about spreading the word.

"But... there are those PROBLEMS! It's taboo!" And yet, we got into it. So if we want to let others in on it, the real question to ask isn't "why not," but rather, "why did we get into it"?

What was the hook?

It's been different for different people. For many of the older guys in here, it started as therapy. It's really great that they have a solution to a problem, but many people don't have that problem of an enlarged prostate. And even those that do have other ways of solving the problem, like therapy from their trusted doctor.

The real hook that makes autopowered prostate massagers like Aneros special is the pleasure: prostate pleasure, a type of pleasure that the vast majority of guys have never experienced in this way. But the real kicker isn't just a little prostate pleasure, this alien and unusual thing that sounds kind of mystical and uncertain like crystal balls and tarot cards. It's the "super-o" an orgasm that's ten times better than the orgasms you're used to feeling, and lasts ten times as long, and can happen ten times in an hour or more. Pursuit of, desire for, THAT thing is what will make people perk up and take interest, even if they're not entirely receptive to the idea of a sex toy that you put inside your anus.

Cynical people like me would say it's all hype... until they read the countless testimonials and see a large body of evidence before them.

The thing is, I would be hesitant to link my friends to that material because some of it is perhaps unnecessarily descriptive and it might turn them off the idea because of the taboo-ness of it all.

What I need, and what is needed by whoever wants to tell their friends about the Aneros, is an effective introduction to the concept of the Aneros and the Super-O that is approachable even to someone uncomfortable with sex toys and anal sexuality. In my eyes, this would consist of multiple accounts of the Super-O that are not more explicit than necessary. (Some material I read here is pretty raunchy... it reads a lot like erotica in many instances. Which, in a moderate degree, is probably good--if you can pique sexual interest without it being overwhelmed by the taboo alarm bell, then a private follow-up is likely. However, some of the accounts are too extreme in this way.)

I really want to give Aneros free advertising! I want to open the way for my friends to experience this "journey." But I don't feel like I have the tools. This thread is meant to become an effort from the users to collect a base of material suitable for use in introducing this sexual world to newcomers who wouldn't automatically be comfortable with it.

It can be as simple as collecting testimonials that get the point across without making it sound like overhyped BS. Any other ideas you have, post them! Let's do this. My objective is a succinct document or email that can be sent to close friends to suggest a further investigation and provide them with the ways to learn more, as in links. (emphasis added)

----

What tennisnut says about spreading the word--just do it--is true in a way that when it comes down to it, we have to be a bit brave and put ourselves, and the subject at hand, out there. However, to me the specifics of how are extremely important, because the way we go about it makes the difference between whether the people we tell listen to what we're saying and pursue more knowledge on their own time, or whether they hear it but don't really do anything about it because it makes them uncomfortable and/or they don't know where to go with it. In addition to that, it's important that we streamline the process and make it as easy for ourselves as possible, because I know that I've struggled to find a time and place I feel comfortable bringing it up.

A few good starting points seem to be two particular parts of the Aneros Wiki: The Super-O page ( The Super-O - Aneros Wiki ) and the Aneros Basics page ( Aneros Basics - Aneros Wiki ). I plan on also going through some testimonials to hopefully find some suitable for the job. For now, however, I'm going to go to bed. And possible to my Helix. :D

Edit: and to MultiOrgasmMan, it kind of seems like the phone answering would be a job for a specialized branch of Aneros staff. It seems like a rather daunting task to talk to strangers about a taboo sexual subject without getting paid! Or it could be fun.
  • But if we're anonymous, we can just as open as we want without the repercussions that some people might actually know us. If they call, they're interested!! I learned in one of the polls that most of us that use the anerO's are straight. Some can start our conversation with something like our orientation if we want. The nice thing is we're sharing a beautiful and wonderful gift that we have found or getting closer to that is one of the most incredible sex ual experiences known to man (or woman). just a thought.
  • tokertoker
    i agree that gay men would be easier to market to but advertising directly to the gay market might alienate some more narrow minded potential customers i think just go for it whole page ad in fhm or maxim if i had seen an ad for aneros products ten years ago i would have bought one i was always jealous of my wife's sex toys but never liked the idea of a fleshlight or worse a blow up doll
    an ad that states the potential benefits healthy prostate, stronger erections, then by the way it also gives you mind blowing orgasms maybe a bit of humour to round off bob's your uncle
  • artformartform
    So, I'm just doing it!! :D :D

Attended a public science event focused on de-pathologizing LGBTTQ (lesbian–gay–bisexual–transgendered–two-spirited–queer) sexuality and orientations, wearing my first Aneros t-shirt with the Helix in white on the front and "Have Courage" with "MaleGspot.com" on the back. There were about 60 people there, men and women about equally.

Had great conversations with quite a few. Gave the "aneros.com" address to many verbally, with the brief explanation of what's it's all about. Good humour about it and a good reception. Was amazed that no one said: Oh yah! I know about that!" Not one. Sitting next to me was a friendly psychotherapist from another city and we had quite a detailed conversation. He made notes, including the links. May then advise clients...

...just doing it...

artform
  • OstermanOsterman
    I spend a lot of time on reddit: the voice of the internet -- news before it happens mostly in Sex, and the question of, how do i massage my/what do i use to massage my prostate comes up quite freaquently. I always send people to Prostate Massage, Sex Toys for Men, Male G-Spot, Prostate Stimulators Stimulation, Anal Toys and tell them to check out the forums.
  • Billy11
    That's awesome artform!

Now if only we can all be so brave! Though I would feel much more comfortable wearing that shirt at the event you attended I'd still feel awkward wearing it around my home town. But If I were in a different city where I didn't know anybody I'd where it in a heartbeat. Need to get one of those shirts!
  • Billy11
    (A fellow member pm me a request to move this post to this thread which makes since so here it is)

Aneros on South Park
    No the aneros wasn't brought up on South Park.
    But I think it would make for a great episode! I think Aneros should pitch the idea to the creators of South Park. I so have the episode envisioned. It would take too long to fully write out the screenplay here so I'm just writing out the jist of it. It would go like this.

One of the characters perhaps Randy Marsh (Stan's dad) is searching for sexual stuff on the internet like maybe jacking off techniques or something and comes across the Aneros website. He can't believe the hype that this device can give men multiple orgasms. So he "secretly' orders one. There's a side plot going on with the main characters (the kids) that will tie into it but for purpose to keep this short I'll leave that out.
    There's comical scenes of Randy anxiously awaiting for it 's arrival and doing everything he can to check the mail everyday before his wife or kids do so not to get caught ordering it.
    Next would be of him using it. A very comical scene of some awkwardness of using it for the first time. Trying to make sure he has the house to himself. Obviously they can't show the explicit parts but they can for sure show opening the package and lubing it up as well as an over exaggerated super O session of him practically bouncing of the bed from the orgasms.

Then a scene of Randy getting caught. Not caught using it but instead either his wife or his son finds it. His son finding it could be funny because he could bring it to school not having a clue what it is and the kids could all be joking about it poking fun at what it's use is for. Maybe Mr Garrison already knows about it because he already owns one and decides to tell the kids what it's for and it freaks all the kids out. Word spreads quickly through the community and everybody starts calling Stans dad gay.

Then all the men of South Park start "secretly" buying aneros's and more scenes of exaggerated MMO's of different people. But the whole time even the people using them pretend to their wives and friends that they would never even consider using the aneros calling it gay or what not all the while secretively using it.

Somehow the Aneros forum could come into play and maybe through the forum people figure out each other are using it or someone mentions something that makes another realize the persons identity. Basically something happens that brings to light the fact that everybody is secretly using the Aneros though because of the stigma behind anal stuff and guys nobody is willing to admit it. Maybe peoples kids keep finding their dads Aneros's and all the kids are freaking out that their dads are gay.

For the finale maybe there's a big town meeting going on or for some reason everybody is gathered in location. Randy is tired of being ridiculed and decides to give a speech trying to defend his usage of the Aneros. Some emotional one where he talks about how there shouldn't be a bad thing for men to receive the type of pleasure that the aneros provides. How men need to stop acting like it's gay to use the aneros. Calling out all the people who have been ridiculing him asking people to raise there hands if they use an Aneros. Garrison could be the first one to raise his hand saying he uses one. But of course nobody is surprised because he's gay. Maybe Cartman makes that joke there. But then one by one slowly every man in the town raises there hand confessing they use the Aneros.

At the end of the episode the whole town changes their view of the stigma the Aneros brings and embraces the MMO.
    Of course maybe the kids of South Park might still not get it. And the end could be Cartman saying one last joke like. Whatever, looks like I live in a town of queers. Or something like that for a laugh factor at the end.

As you can see the idea behind this episode is to treat it much like what's going on in the real world now. How all these aneros users have no trouble chatting on this forum and being open about their use but away from the computer most would still keep it hidden and would even talk shit with their fellow buddies about anal stuff being gay right after they just had an aneros session. The scenes waiting anxiously waiting for the mail man would ring true with many aneros users. The keeping it hidden from the wife. There could be comical scenes of having chairgasms or random mini o's during regular daily activities. Really there's a ton of directions they could go with it.

But most importantly since South Park attracts millions of viewers, it would open millions of people to the ideas of MMO that otherwise may never know that it's even possible. I can almost guarantee that Aneros would have trouble even making enough product to keep up with the demand after the showing of that episode.
    Another thing it would do is expose the concept of MMO's to teens since that's a good size of there audience. That could end up having a positive impact by exposing such powerful info to people that could start using it from a younger age instead of perhaps either finding out about it many years down the line or perhaps never.

Another great story line could be maybe Randy or another dad on the show getting Prostatitis and coming upon the aneros website by trying to find a cure for that . Much of the same stuff in the other story line could occur as well but maybe some of the healthful benefits of the aneros could be revealed. Maybe in the final speech at the end it gets brought up that not only does the device give you amazing orgams, but it also helps fight prostate cancer or what not. So it would once again expose this most likely unknown info to the masses.

Shit this ended up being a much longer post than I meant. It happens...

But yea I think this would make for an awesome South Park episode. It would totally fit into the humor of that show.
  • Billy11
    So their replies from the other thread don't get lost here are a couple replies to the post above.

[QUOTE=imperium;101142]Fairly funny idea.

But Trey Parker & Matt Stone aren't really into giving out free publicity (at least not the good kind)

But most importantly, you gotta look at the real target market of south park, mostly men in the age of 16-30/40 and the vast majority of real fans are on the younger side of that. Manny of which are homophobic (my impression from most guys my age, 22)

Im trying really hard not to be a downer here, but in all honesty I think it would only wind up turning Aneros itself into a joke in many peoples eyes, and why would you want that?

Take your same idea and make it about prostate massage, but leave Aneros out of it because I fear it will only bring more negative stereotypes and homophobia.

The 2 cents from a guy that lives with 4 male roommates my age, all of which skip class to catch the new episodes, and 3 of which are EXTREMELY homophobic.

Sorry.......

[QUOTE=Buttmasterflex;101173]I think the main reason why it wouldn't happen is because South Park does episodes on things that are pop culture. Aneros is not.

Now, if you could get R. Kelly, Tom Cruise, and that Twilight dude to all come out and say they use Aneros and swear by them, you probably have an episode.
  • Hey guys, great thread. Just to let you know that I did my part!!!! In my last blog entry I promoted Aneros as a high point in my sexual journey. At least a few hundred people might read about them that might not have known about them before.

Bigguy
  • artformartform
    Great Billy11 and bigguy!!! :D :D :D

Having decided on dick.net as the site to post my vids, I have listed Aneros as one of my hobbies, created an Aneros Users Poll (and done same for KSMO) and am encouraging guys to think about prostate massage as a key practice to add to their arsenal! All orientations represented in the thousands here. Chatting Aneros and KSMO and energies all over this dick site.

all excited as spreading the word and the joy to all

artform
  • So you guys, what is the best route to go up? (sorry) The health or the fun way or a mixture?
    Just been reading that HIH sell their products at higher price than Aneros..
    Is it the same firm?
    We can only surmise.
    Mick.....
  • artformartform
    Hi madmick!! :D :D

[QUOTE=madmick;101220]So you guys, what is the best route to go up? (sorry) The health or the fun way or a mixture?
    Just been reading that HIH sell their products at higher price than Aneros..
    Is it the same firm?
    We can only surmise.
    Mick.....

HIH owns, created and funds and operates Aneros and this site. We are extraordinarily grateful to HIH for all of this. What approach to use?? I am using sex boosting, great orgasms, and energies potential at dick.net and anywhere that that is the natural entry portal ! :D Otherwise, health is the opening and early developmental way in, IMHO.

Thanks for asking madmick! Happy to clarify. Others feel free to add or correct me.

onward Aneros ecstatic ambassadors all

artform
  • rumelrumel
    artform, [QUOTE=artform;101223]onward Aneros ecstatic ambassadors all
    Maybe that should become join the AAA... Aneros Ambassadors All ! :)
  • keep it a super secret club ssshhhh....
  • rumelrumel
    @Domo_robot_O: keep it a super secret club ssshhhh....

NO,  

the whole purpose of this thread is to open this wonderful knowledge to the world ! Spread the joy ! Enrich the lives of men and women everywhere ! Fulfillment for All ! There is absolutely no useful purpose to be derived from selfishly withholding this knowledge from our brothers, let us help make the world a more wonderful place to live in !
  • Here be found the voice of enlightenment... and it's is loud.

Amen :)
  • Hello, all.

Don't know how many of you saw this Aneros promo tour PR, below.

Cheers,

Dave

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Stimulating Awareness- Aneros® Partners With Sexologist Oh Megan for College Tour

PRWeb – Thu, Sep 1, 2011

In an effort to bring awareness to and educate the younger male population about prostate health, Aneros kicks off National Prostate Health Month with several city college tour.

Houston, TX (PRWEB) September 01, 2011
    Aneros is proud to announce they have signed on as a sponsor for the Oh Megan "Study Sex College Tour" in an effort to help bring prostate awareness and education to the masses in a sex positive manner. With prostate health being the heart and foundation of Aneros, sex education has become a natural fit.

Beginning mid-September, Megan Andelloux, a certified sexuality expert and board certified sexologist, will embark on her year-long journey, presenting entertaining and educational classes on sexual health – particularly at colleges and universities. As part of last year’s “Study Sex College Tour,” Andelloux presented two-hour workshops at colleges such as Rutgers, Boston College and San Francisco State University, as well as sex shops throughout North America.

By partnering with Andelloux for the “Study Sex College Tour,” Aneros is enabling the sexual health education of thousands of consumers. Aneros has set its sights on young adult males who will benefit from becoming more knowledgeable about prostate health at an earlier point in their life. With age playing a role in the deterioration of prostate health among men, Aneros encourages early understanding of the prostate and the “Study Sex College Tour” will allow the company to reach men that are typically unknowledgeable about prostate health issues until they are at risk.

Highlighting the importance of the prostate in men’s health, in U.S. President Barack Obama’s proclamation of National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month last year, he noted that nearly 218,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer, and more than 32,000 men will die from this disease annually. The medically researched, designed, and patented Aneros was originally created to allow men to safely and effectively massage the prostate, relieve congested prostate fluid, and promote general prostate health. Many young men will benefit from learning about the boost in sexual pleasure that a healthy prostate can provide. Every curve of the Aneros was designed to provide the best prostate massage possible. When inserted, the Aneros is drawn directly towards the prostate. The man contracts and relaxes the anal-sphincter muscle, causing the Aneros to move on its own, directly massaging both the prostate and perineum. Through practice, relaxation and an open mind, a man can use the Aneros to teach himself to experience a completely new type of orgasm.

Attendees of the “Study Sex College Tour” will be introduced to such products as the Aneros Helix and Vice®. The Aneros Helix, which is an ideal beginner’s prostate massager, was designed based on customer feedback to provide immediate pressure and tension on the prostate and surrounding area. Users say the Aneros Helix requires less patience and practice to realize its benefits. The Aneros Vice®, which is the newest development in the evolution of prostate massage features the quality craftsmanship consumers have come to expect from Aneros. The Vice is anatomically designed to fit the body and features a multi-patterned vibrator offering up to six hours of sensational pleasure.

Retailers that have held in-store presentations note that at least 50% of the audience purchased the items recommended during the presentation. In the previous years of the education tour, local retailers reported an increase in their sales shortly after. As the original and only patented prostate massager design on the market since 1997, Aneros continues to deliver safe and innovative products to customers that promote health as well as pleasure.
    ###

CT Schenk
    Aneros
    713-680-8840
  • Hey guys just checking in. Many of you have seen my blog and I appreciate your readership. Just an interesting note in this dialogue. I have made 35 entries last I looked. Each of the 3 entries that featured Aneros and MMO tripled the readership of any other of the 32 entries. While a good number of those readers were from here .., my reader stats show that most were not. That is about 150 people other than the 50 or so regular aneros forum readers who have now been exposed to Aneros. Of those 150 I have had at least 10 messages from people that found me on dick net, lpsg and another site asking for advice and info on Aneros and MMO. Every little bit counts.

bigguy aka linghaman
  • [QUOTE=bigguy;44353]Hey guys just checking in. Many of you have seen my blog and I appreciate your readership. Just an interesting note in this dialogue. I have made 35 entries last I looked. Each of the 3 entries that featured Aneros and MMO tripled the readership of any other of the 32 entries. While a good number of those readers were from here .., my reader stats show that most were not. That is about 150 people other than the 50 or so regular aneros forum readers who have now been exposed to Aneros. Of those 150 I have had at least 10 messages from people that found me on dick net, lpsg and another site asking for advice and info on Aneros and MMO. Every little bit counts.

bigguy aka linghaman

I'm not trying to necro bump this board for the heck of it. Thanks goes to Rumel for posting in the Gay Members topic the link to this thread.

Linghaman, I can see where associated sexuality sites could be the best spot for promotion. I'm thinking of starting a topic at Literotica for this reason. As you said, every little bit counts. I believe the challenge that is trying to be overcome is telling the "everyday" man. How does the word get out to other men? The difficulty is that most men aren't going to be too "touchy feely" or "sharing". I have little to no thoughts about how to change that. I know ten_s_nut has sent out some information to the men close in his life. I don't recall what the results where. As a somewhat younger guy, being 30, most of my friends are in their 20s, and a few in their early 30s. Trying to get those men to think about something like this would be near impossible. Quite frankly, one approach could be blunt honesty with consequences be damned, but I'm not sure how that would work overall. :) Anyone else have thoughts? I know this thread has been around for a while, and I'm sure some suggestions are out there, but it never hurts to bring it up again and gain some new insight or re-dedication.
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Hello, Rika.

Yeah, just blurting out, "I love how prostate massage gives me orgasms!!" would tend to get you a psych eval, free of charge. Discreetly informing friends or relatives who you think would be interested has proven to be a useful strategy for me. Thing is, I don't know how many of the guys I've told have done anything about it. I figure I've done my part by just telling them. Follow-up would be too intrusive.

BTW, your posts in the gay members thread are awesome.

Best Regards,

Dave
  • [QUOTE=ten_s_nut;48412]Hello, Rika.

Yeah, just blurting out, "I love how prostate massage gives me orgasms!!" would tend to get you a psych eval, free of charge. Discreetly informing friends or relatives who you think would be interested has proven to be a useful strategy for me. Thing is, I don't know how many of the guys I've told have done anything about it. I figure I've done my part by just telling them. Follow-up would be too intrusive.

BTW, your posts in the gay members thread are awesome.

Best Regards,

Dave

I think you bring up the biggest obstacle of all! Follow up! Follow up means...wait for it...gasp!...open communication! :O

I'm just going to get a full body tattoo. :P I mean, in all honesty, what really can be said? I was inspired by your tactful approach that you mentioned long ago. I wouldn't know what to say to my brother in law. He's about the only close male relative that I have that could benefit. My male friends barely talk about anything at all. Sex would be off limits all together unless it's about how hot some chick is they want to bang. I live in the Bible belt compounding the problem even more. Being in a predominantly Catholic city, everything is conservative. I live in Cincinnati. Mark Twain said once about Cincinnati, "If the apocalypse were to come, I want to be in Cincinnati. They're five years behind everything." That's pretty much true.
  • isvara
    Some notes about spreading the message -my story
    I started off trying to get an answer to very tense ejaculation. They were good but for too tense for an old person. I search it on the web. Eventually I got to HiH and freaked out when I saw the MGX. Then it researched more and found the research paper on Aneros with older men with BHP. *The statistics were very revealing. I tied the intensity with the need for prostate release. *The stuff about orgasms was a bit off putting. Too much too soon. So my initial interest was prostate massage to reduce the intensity and hopefully to make urination less of a problem. *So I purchased a SGX being available locally.
    I also am fortunate that I am willing to think new thoughts and if helpful will follow through. I am relatively free for sexual hangups. My partner has no problems but cannot understand. I still find it hard to speak about it as it is "tainted" with cultural conditioning.
    I have also found the sessions seems to have reduced my*hemorrhoids. I also notice the SGX is more helpful than the Helix.*
    I think that for the aging male using an Aneros would a huge blessing, but I do understand that it may not be a pleasant sight!- or bear thinking about! this is the heart of the problem.
    The next major problem I struck was smell. The usual KY and water based lubricants for me had an unpleasant after smell (toilet training and all that). Fortunately through the forum I get more information about oil based lubricants. These do not absorb the normal smell. In fact with my natural jelly mixes the after smell in no different from the unused lubricant. This has made all the difference to me.*
    Now having experienced wonder of the touch of the prostate on the Aneros I am open to the added benefits, which because of my age I hope won't be too long in coming.
  • Kev
    Hey all,

I personally think that people in general are TOTALLY fed up with everything which relates to anything religious or spiritual.. Aneros community doesn't want to be labeled for being another spiritual cult!!!! so let's keep it scientific.. even if aneros practices come with the spiritual aspect.. I would advertise the physical and mental health benefits for guys (much better sex life + better self esteem + reducing the risk of getting prostate cancer) and try to make it look AS STRAIGHT/MASCULINE AS POSSIBLE! We are trying to change the general thinking of people.. so in other words we need to be able to change the way straight people think, both men AND women.. I would be terrified trying the aneros the first time as a straight man if there was even a slightest risk of being labeled as gay, being not accepted/abandoned by your girlfriend etc.. so WOMEN play a HUGE role here!!! Women should be probably educated first and make them to buy a toy for their boyfriends because they love them! :) that would be the most natural way.. there should be separate campaigns for bi and gay-people..

Kev
  • BigGlansDC
    It was at BateWorld.com (a social website for gay, straight, and bisexual men into masturbation) that I first heard about the Aneros last fall. I had started an regular regimen of the Kegel Exercises then. A couple guys told me that the Aneros would enhance my prostate health and my sexual awareness and vitality. After some research and much thought, I bought my first Aneros models last December. They were the MGX, Helix, and Progasm Classic models. I joined the Aneros Forum at that time too as a lurker and began to peruse the Aneros Wiki. A few months passed. In late March, I was one of the first to purchase the Helix Syn along with the Maximus and Eupho, but I had to get over my fears of insertion of the Aneros up my butt. I achieved that on June 3, 2012 and the rest is history. My sessions with both the Helix Syn and more recently the Maximus (which I still learning to use) are just getting better, and better, and better!!! :-)

I blog all my sessions which are a very helpful learning tool. My complete Aneros blog is on Google. It is AnerosUserInDC. Unfortunate it is a well-kept secret. :-(  I also blog many of my Aneros sessions on BateWorld and also at LPSG.com (a social web site for both men and women who are interested in sexual subjects). I have attracted an interested following on BateWorld and to a lesser extent on LPSG. A few guys on BateWorld have even gone out and purchased their first Aneros through my blog.

However in real life away from the Internet, discussion about the Aneros and most sexual subjects do not arise in polite society, even among groups of gay men. Men even from their twenties on up and as they age need to discuss prostate health, even on hunting and fishing trips, or playing golf with buddies, or playing team sports, in the locker room, or even over drinks at the bar. Prostate cancer among men is on the rise. My dearest friend from the distant past, a beloved pediatrician, succumbed to prostate cancer last April 21 after a four year battle with that disease. Also it is a well-known fact that men develop a enlarged prostate (BPH) as they age. Of course, I am imagining an idealized male camaraderie where guys can discuss freely and openly their prostate health and even the benefits of the Aneros!

With due respect to my good buddy, Kev, above, a loving and adoring wife or girlfriend can enter such discussions with their man in how the Aneros can benefit their guy's prostate health and their sexual relationship.   

Finally I recommend and make this pitch once again to this Forum and Aneros.com at large, please RESTORE the blogs section!!! One guy told me that my postings tend to be overly long when such postings would better be placed in a blog! I miss very much the blog section here because I can read other guys' experiences with the Aneros which could  be instructive and inspirational.

Thom./BigGlansDC

P.S. I should add that I try to refer my inquirers of the Aneros to both this Forum and the Aneros Wiki!
  • twlltintwlltin
    Rumel suggested this as a promotional poster...

g3120.png
    647 x 800 - 23K
  • Theme_Gasm
    I'm not shy, I've told no less than 6 other guys in the last 4 months, all good friends!
  • Alex_xxx
    rumel said:

Hi guys.

I was just looking at the user Poll [URL="http://www.aneros.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1990"][U][B][COLOR=darkred]Do others know?[/COLOR][/B][/U][/URL] and saw that 97% of us have divulged our Aneros usage to no one or only one other person. How do we get the word out about this marvelous little [URL="http://www.google.com/patents?vid=USPAT6802850"][U][COLOR=darkred]invention[/COLOR][/U][/URL] by Dr. T.?
    Surely the creative minds on the Aneros Forum could come up with some ad ideas that are much better than the silly [I]Flomax[/I] TV spots. Aneros use for treating BPH is probably just as effective and a whole lot more fun than the pharmaceutical approach. So guys, can we do a better job of telling the world about this fun alternative therapy or not?
    Clever slogans for spot ads in magazines?
    Short, funny viral videos?
    Script for a TV commercial?
    Anything you can think up has the possibility to accelerate the spread of this experience. So how about some of those thoughts outside the carton?
    Got Aneros?

First of all.. if you`re gonna run some kind of ad-campaign then be sure to include the huge mystic side of aneros!

Get a great slogan first...  

"Rewire yourself!"  

something like that.. or..

"The male Super-Orgasm, can you do it?" 
    "It`s better than a traditional orgasm!" 

Include some positive feedback on the ads and the site.

Play on the notion that the man can have a better and different type of orgasm than he`s used to.
  • MMO_RPGlolMMO_RPGlol
    @Alex_xxx I feel like that is setting up 99% of the people who would be interested in it up for some serious disappointment when they dont get it right away. Leading them to say "I knew it was bull crap". Not that I have any better suggestions, but I just think that setting it up that way would lead to some to expect instant bliss, when most people need to spend a few days just getting used to the way the thing feels in your ass.

Just a thought.
  • Salon.com had an interesting article about men's and women's sexual peaks that caught my attention. It's here: http://www.salon.com/2013/08/14/5_reasons_your_sexual_peak_might_be_fake/

I wrote the following comment about the article:

Boys are taught from puberty that sex for them is climax and ejaculation, a more or less brief experience of pleasure that is all we're due in life. The author notes that male sexuality is completely penis centered through our entire life. This means that our ration of pleasure is very limited so we better take advantage of it. We're not interested in women's orgasms in general until later in life. Even then, we don't know much about how a woman's orgasm feels and how it differs from ours. When we finally do learn that a woman is capable of multiple, deep, whole body orgasms, how can we be anything but jealous. But what some of us are learning is that men can also have these deep, whole body, multiple orgasms that last for hours and have no refractory period when it's over. 

The Japanese have developed a device that massages our prostate, our "g-spot", as a treatment for prostatitis and prostate hypertrophy.Men using the device for this purpose reported these unfamiliar sensations that felt like orgasms without ejaculation and with no refractory period. These devices are now marketed in the US for anal play, and they work as advertised. The device can teach us how a woman feels during her orgasms and allows us to be more empathetic to their sexual needs while increasing the pleasure we get out of sex. Truly amazing.

• DarkEngine
    I think it's fine as it is, to be honest. Million sold is a pretty good achievement. Word of mouth is fairly strong on the internet already too - it's how I came across it.

Most sex toys (I'm aware the Aneros shouldn't be categorised as one, but that's where marketing kicks in) aren't advertised in media anyway, from what I can tell. Part of it is to do with the discretion of it all - Aneros is a great device, of course, but someone knowing you put a device up your butt can't be anything but awkward.
  • MMO_RPGlolMMO_RPGlol
    @darkengine while I agree, and personally like being descreet about my aneros use, a guy should not HAVE to feel awkward about it.

How many times have you seen the trojan vibrations commercial? I have seen it about a million. Now, how many commercials have you heard for flesh lights? I have never heard one. The fact is, that now a days, When a woman masturbates, its viewed as her liberating herself. Whereas if man does it, he is a pervert.

Look at that completely unfunny comedian Amy Schumer on comedy central. She had this entire unfunny bit about a vibrator she loves and how it makes her eyes explode out of her head.

If a guy makes a joke about it masturbation or even just sex in general, it better be poking fun at how quickly he comes.

Sure, these are just trends, but if guys want to be able to be anything other than the butt of every joke concerning sex, this awareness needs to happen.

Think about it a little bit... What revolutionary change WASN'T awkward at first?
  • I got 1 reply that this is "sociological slop" so I explained that prostate orgasms are longer and deeper than penis orgasms, and gave the url's for http://www.highisland.com/ and aneros.com. Maybe someone will get curious.
  • EhmEhm
    There's a podcast on youtube called the Joe Rogan Experience with a huge following of people interested in consciousness, mindexpanding drugs etc. Joe Rogan is also an avid supporter of cannabis and as has been mentioned frequently on this forum, cannabis and Aneros is a perfect fit. IMO getting exposure on a show like that would really launch Aneros into the mainstream.
  • Good idea. Who's going to volunteer?

I had toyed with the idea of the aneros company including a small amount of weed in their starter kit along with a device. But even if it's legal in a state, the feds might not like it. Maybe some day.
  • EhmEhm
    A year ago he was sponsored by the Fleshlight, for whatever reason they pulled out so now there's possibly room for another sextoy he can promote. And he's a comedian so it's a shame he doesn't advertise any sextoys anymore, certainly more entertaining than the stuff he's doing now.
    And since it's Joe Rogan that's advertising it, it's not like Aneros is responsible for what HE says, he can say anything he wants. I think he might be just the rolemodel for a young audience to make it acceptible, especially if he says the orgasms he has with it on weed make him wish he never got married ;) (or something similar)

I'm not sure, but I get the impression Aneros use is skewed towards 50 years and older, this to me is the best way to introduce Aneros to a younger generation.  Advertising on JRE would get the marijuana community interested(legal or not legal)
  • rumelrumel
    Hey Guys,
    In the Chat Room last night a member was lamenting about the lack of a private, non-embarrassing method of informing a friend about the pleasures and benefits of prostate massage. This prompted me to seek a possible solution to this dilemma. Here's an idea I'm throwing out to the membership. Have a trusted fellow Forum member send him the following email : Subject line -> A Friends invitation
    Dear <<insert name>>, A friend of yours (who wishes to remain anonymous at this time) believes you deserve to become a member of the Super-O Society. So what is the Super-O Society? The Super-O Society is the membership of the Aneros Forum, men and women who have chosen to pursue an enhanced form of orgasm and sensual health. This avant garde group of individuals is inviting you to begin the journey of a lifetime, an adventure into the depths of your pleasure potential. Please come check us out at the Forum, read the Aneros WIKI and come talk with us as a 'Guest' in our Chat Room. We think your eyes will be opened to potentials you probably never considered before, join us in a life altering journey of sensuality.
    Yours Sincerely,
    An Aneros Friend"

So, what do you guys think about this approach?
    image Good Vibes to You ! image
  • isvara
    Okay, I think from my reading of the forum it sort of splits into two groups with overlap.

1. The younger one who has the energy and spontaneity to seek the Super O as @rumel said above.
    The problem is that it usually not instantly achieved and so we have the disappointed posts. The focus here is not prostate health.

2. The older group is keenly aware that they have neglected prostate health and are looking for something safe, non chemical, not medical intervention to get their water works, prostate (BPH) managed. With the added thought of rescuing their sex life and satisfaction. Less focus on the 'o' and more on the health. Of course if they get the pleasure benefits the direction will change, but they will have achieved the first.

I think the approach for each needs to be quite different with a different emphasis. For my son my first thought is for his prostate health, then any 'blessings' that might follow. But he should know it has the added benefit of a life affirming experience that gets better and better.

I do like the idea of the anonymous letter, but somehow we should understand it may be read by their partner!
  • Theme_Gasm
    Hey Gents...It's just as easy these days to setup an "anonymous" email account on Yahoo or any other site and send the letter yourself! That way, if they have questions, you can help them directly because you have some personal knowledge about them! Treat it sort if like a "secret admirer" who wants to introduce them to something they may never have thought about experiencing!

TG
  • braveneworldbraveneworld
    I have tied this twice once to gay friend and once to a straight friend. Neither one of them replied to me at all. I think they just put it down to computer SPAM! :(
    I also have discused it in detail with a sexualy frustrated gay guy whos partner has sexual issues but as yet I dont think he has even tried it. There is not much more I can do besides jam one up their rear and see what happens :) Advertising and breaking down the taboos is the only way. They need to think it is their own idea before they will try it!
  • PommiePommie
    Sorry @rumel,

my immediate reaction to this suggestion was that the recipient would be most likely to assume it was spam and ditch it without reading, particularly if it came without warning.