Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

First time user - Helix - no sensations really
  • Hello everyone, I just finished my first session with my aneros helix. It was my first 'anal play' ever. The way I found out about these was because I was having some prostate issues and I found a site that recommended prostate massage with an aneros. So yea, I just finished up, spent about 75 minutes with it and I don't think I ever hit my prostate with the contractions (i'm not even sure I was doing them right lol). I had some small sensations around the area I believe though. I tried all kinds of positions, I was reading these forums with it in to try and find some info but no real luck. Does it just take practice or do you think I did something wrong? Thanks
  • rumelrumel
    Hi highres1,

Welcome to the Aneros Forums, your best source of information for learning about the multiple benefits and joys of using the Aneros prostate massagers. There is a wealth of information to be obtained on this website.

You may want to read an early archived post (#10) from member 'Trojan', his comments may be applicable to many new users learning about anal play in general and Aneros use specifically.

P.S. I sent you an introductory PM with some additional hints and tips to get you started here.
  • Thanks for the info, I will read it. But what I have experienced is normal, correct? I think I need to pay more attention to the contractions. Looking forward to my next attempt.
  • rumelrumel
    highres1,

Yes, your initial reactions to the subtle sensations of Aneros use are well within the range of 'normal'. It takes some men an indeterminate length of time to go through their "prostate awakening" . This process involves listening to your body, becoming more attuned to the many subtle feelings being generated and then gently nurturing those feelings into heightened physical and emotional states. Each person is unique so the steps along the pathway will differ for each one of us, there is no ONE formula for progress.
  • twlltintwlltin
    For some, falling asleep with the Helix in (although it's not recommended) is what made the initial connection.
  • So do you think even though I didn't feel great sensations yet, the device is still massaging the prostate somewhat? Because that is what I initially wanted it to do.

Edit: The consensus seems to be; yes.
  • My advice with the Helix is to never just stick it all the way in. I used to do that, but discovered that if I inserted it most of the way, noticing when the head came into contact with my prostate, and then gently pushed it in that direction until it was firmly in contact, and then left it alone, I get much better results.

After I have been going a while with the session, occasionally I will readjust the Helix to put the head back into contact with my prostate. I think that because of anatomical differences among users, and because of motions during a session, it doesn't always stay in the best possible contact with the prostate.

So some positioning and repositioning is nearly always required for most users.

After I wrote the above, I just finished a helix session in which I did the initial positioning and repositioning, and it was fabulous good! There should be a warning label on every Aneros that says, do NOT push it all the way in!
  • twlltintwlltin
    I find that the most sensations come when the Helix is slightly "outwards" of the neutral position. I don't force it there. If I relax completely, my breathing (down in the stomach) will nudge it there.