Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

pseudonyms, alias's, nicknames,sobriquets etc... etc...
  • madmick
    Slightly off the beaten track.
    Have noticed I could post this on any website...
    Butt what does your user name mean?
    Does it mean anything or just pure crap?
    Me as you'd probably tell was christend Michael, and I'm quite sane, ish.
    Do elaborate your names if you can???
    I mean some are just unpronounceable...
    Mick...
  • twlltintwlltin
    Mine's Welsh, though I am not Welsh myself. It's two words.
  • My name is mostly due to my study of psychology, just got my BA and continuing onwards. Quite simply, one's entire reality as they perceive it is all forged in their brain. The rest of the body serves to sustain it and provide information. Sure we have neural networks throughout our bodies, but the way we put information together and make sense of anything occurs in the brain. The power of the mind is incredible - example being "rewiring" where we not only learn to associate certain sensations with pleasure, but with repeated training can strengthen those networks to take ourselves to even greater heights (and eventually become able to invoke those feelings with a simple thought).
  • The_BishopThe_Bishop
    'The Bishop' from 'The 120 Days of Sodom' by Marquis de Sade
  • imperiumimperium
    Imperium is a Latin word which, in a broad sense, translates roughly as 'power'. In ancient Rome, different kinds of power or authority were distinguished by different terms. Imperium, referred to the sovereignty of the state over the individual.[1] It is not to be confused with auctoritas or potestas, different and generally inferior types of power in the Roman republic and empire. Primarily used to refer to the power that is wielded, in greater or lesser degree, by an individual to whom it is delegated, the term could also be used with a geographical connotation, designating the territorial limits of that imperium.

copy & pasted from wikipedia, cuz im lazy.....
  • rumelrumel

rumel is the inverse of lemur.

Lemurs are the lowest order on the primate family tree, homo sapiens (humans) are the highest order of the primate order, ergo, rumel being the inverse of a lemur is a homo sapien (human being).

P.S. Its also an anagram for my given name initials.
  • madmick
    Cheers lads for replying.
    Now twllin, it's your name that made me wonder.
    Now if you'd put 50 odd random letters in a row, I'd have just thought your welsh...
    All in the mind ?
    You could not have put it much simpler. (???)
    The Bishop,
    Well does that make you a sadist or masochist ?
    Imperium, well that was about as clear as mud :)
    Butt may look up what you say some time. I do like history.
    It does seem some blokes are playing their cards close to their chests.
    We can only surmise what their pen names mean ...
    Mick...
  • hulahula
    Hula, because when I first got my mGX, I would swivel my hips like I was using a hula hoop
  • brine
    brine = Brian
  • Mine is a derivative of a name I have been using in another online community since 1998. I actually initially created 'MaskedFox' to use on a popular adult website where I didn't want there to be an 'obvious' crossover. (Which is kinda funny. I don't think it would have been terribly taboo in that community to have posted on that site.) So, it's more to limit too much crossover.

Anyways, I think foxes are beautiful. Very cool critters.

Fox
  • When I joined, my favorite was the Helix, so it's a play on words on the character's name from "The Odd Couple" (Felix Unger). Plus it sounds like hunger, and Helix hunger is something most of us here can definitely relate to.
  • VoyagerVoyager
    I asked a similar question.
    This is what I wrote at the time.

My reasons are as follows.

I have a deep respect for the master mariners and explorers of the past.
    Sailing away from the known world, not knowing when or if they would return.

Cook, Magellan, Vasco De Gama, Able Tasman.

In the same spirit of exploration the Voyager space probes
    continue on their way.
    In "Star Trek, The Movie" one of the Voyagers returns.
    Who knows !

As for my avatar.
    It shows James Cook's ship 'Endeavor' off the cost of Terra Australis Incognita
    in 1770.
  • PommiePommie
    I am an Englishman who migrated to Australia some fifty years ago. A somewhat disparaging term for English migrants to Australia is "Pom" or "Pommie". Even though I am now proud to be a naturalised Australian citizen, I wear the sobriquet "Pommie" with pride!

Since the French word "pomme" means apple, it strikes me that the appropriate avatar for one with my user name should be the image of an apple. Enough said!
  • rookrook
    rook = "shogi hisha", a Shogi chesspiece representing an airborne chariot with little skill other than basic military education. Promoted (following Super-O), rook takes on the form of an experienced flying dragon, "shogi ryuo"

Chosen from my love of Oriental Martial Arts, and memories of a Japanese g/f who taught me Shogi Chess and gave me the nickname of "rook" when I was in my early 20's.
  • Linghaman
    I go by two names on line ...bigguy and another ....the other explains why bigguy. The other name is teninguy (or tenyn) ...... ten in. Nuff said

Bigguy
  • Sorry. Forgot I'd posted this. I've a memory like a ...? Hi boyoh, soz, twlltin for spelling your name wrong.
    Rumel?
    Well, I bet Charlton Hestons character Tailor/Taylor, whatever,
    would beg to differ.
    Have you seen the 1st planet of the apes from the 60's.
    The bit where he's braying the beach in floods of tears?
    I wont spoil it for those that have'nt.
    Hula.
    Now that sounds like Jeff Waynes war of the worlds in part.
    Brine?
    Did have an idea.
    Think you put Brian on a post of yours.
    Very Prince Charles :)
    Maskedfox?
    Will look out for your name in some of the seedy websites :)
    Helix unger.
    Wow forgot about this programme from the 70's.
    Remember just starting work an this guy was always whistling this tune.
    Voyager?
    Now I'm very aware of captain james cook.
    I have been to Whitby on numerous occasions.
    He was from nearby.
    And Pommie?
    Only too aware of the name.
    Have some cousins born in England and some went to 'Strailia.
    Strewth, they were never allowed to support the Aussies at cricket.
    I'd imagine it different now..
    Rook?
    Thought you and the Bishop would have something to do with chess, butt it's only you.
    Big guy?

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink,
    Know what I mean?
    SAY NO MORE ;)
    Mick...