Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Do you worry about the risks of prostate massage?
  • aliquis
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostate_massage

"Risks
    In addition, prostate massage can be risky. Some of the documented consequences are life-threatening periprostatic hemorrhage,[5] cellulitis, Fournier's gangrene,[6] septicaemia, possible disturbance and metastasis of prostate cancer to other parts of the body, and hemorrhoidal flare-up.[7]
    "

I've thought about the hemorrhoidalissue, anyone got that from using their massager? But well, some of those are way more scary.

Spreading infections, cancer, dead tissue and so on.

Scary, didn't knew about it.
  • This has come up before in the forum, review this thread for more information.
  • rookrook
    Re: "hemorrhoidal flare-up"

Pre-Aneros I was twice banded and once lasered

Nearing 11 months since first use, swelling and/or bleeding has been a rare event.

Opinion: the Aneros tools, properly lubed are therapeutic rather than risky. Not a cure but a damn fine therapy :!:
  • slimjm
    Never been banded but used to often get hemorrhoid flare-ups and small anal tears (fissures). However, since beginning Aneros usage (about 5 months ago now) these issues have become practically non-existent. It's been amazing.
  • rook slimjim, what models do you use. I have had infrared coagulation and it was very beneficial. I had only had a few flare ups since I had it done in 2007. Most recently do to a bought with a kidney stone. Do yo use the peridise or are most any aneros models beneficial as a hemorrhoid therapy?
  • dtmsmith
    It's funny that this topic just came up because about 2.5 weeks ago, I had a pretty severe flare-up of a hemorrhoid problem. I have had issues for the last 15 years or so with one major flare-up about 5 years ago. I've never had any banding or other surgical treatment. Based on the timing of this outbreak, I believe it was caused by some Aneros-less orgasms I've been having. In another thread, I described an orgasm that caused me to tense up my butt and push my hips forward. These orgasms last for several minutes and are very intense with lots of little internal contractions. All the while, my anus and butt are clenched. I think this increased the pressure on the veins in my anus and caused the hemorrhoids. I actually had two flare-ups separated by about a week. Both of the new hemorrhoids appeared the morning after an evening of these intense orgasms. Obviously, it took this happening twice for me to make the connection.

I am still in some pain but am recovering. I think it'll take another couple of weeks to be completely recovered though. Needless to say, I'm going to be very careful in the future. I'm really hoping that my hemorrhoid problem is not being aggravated by the Aneros being inserted. If it is, I'd probably have to give it up; something I really don't want to do.

So, be careful not to strain (esp. if you have a history of hemorrhoids).
  • I read the Wikipedia article as well, and I would assume most of of the listed conditions are caused by intestinal perforation/laceration, something that would require far more aggressive tools and conditions than what the Aneros products do when used according to guidelines. :?
  • rookrook
    Osterman said:

rook slimjim, what models do you use. I have had infrared coagulation and it was very beneficial. I had only had a few flare ups since I had it done in 2007. Most recently do to a bought with a kidney stone. Do yo use the peridise or are most any aneros models beneficial as a hemorrhoid therapy?

@Osterman: Models (in order of implementation): Helix, SGX, Progasm, Eupho and finally the MGX. As mentioned above, I think each one of these has yielded an improvement in my 'roid(s)' Two or three well lubed sessions a week seem to compress the thrombosed roid and correct an issue before I spring a bloody leak. I'd suspect that unoxygenated blood entrapped in a roid leads to weakened venous tissue. Shoving out the old blood is probably a plus. :D

Biggest roid hazard is supposedly pregnancy but pulling g's in a single seat plane is also a hazard. 8)

Only 'self-inflicted wounds' have come from aggressive Program and MGX sessions when I continued beyond lube failure. :cry:
  • slimjm
    Osterman: Helix 4 months, then Maximus last 6 weeks. Newbie here, and just rewired enough to start feeling mild to moderate dry orgasms the last couple months now, though nothing goes outside of my pelvis. Fell asleep (not intentionally) one time with the Helix shortly after I got it and that caused one small hemorrhoid to clot (ouch!) but regular normal use since seems to have improved the muscle tone and helped avoid further problems.
  • tokertoker
    i have had itchy ass problems for years never went to the doc figured out was anal fissures through process of elimination since i started with aneros problem has dissapered compleatly if you use them acording to instructions ie no hands only pc contrctions i would bet my salary it will not cause problems and could cure some dont know about hemmaroids never had them dont worry though
  • Well the Peridise massages hemmroids. I thought the Aneros would be good for hemmroids.
  • aliquis

Well the Peridise massages hemmroids. I thought the Aneros would be good for hemmroids.

I'm afraid that the bigger and more "plug shaped" things are the worse they become?

Peridise is so small I doubt it makes much of a difference even if just pulled out and no massage but with bigger tools and things with sharp angeles on the outward end I assume they pill more of what's inside including blood vessels and pull them outwards which I guess could be a reason to getting hemorroids or atleast getting problems with them since they are on the outside?
  • thecritta
    Anyhow speaking of aneros i have caused some self harm to myself hurt myself and i cannot figure
    out what is causing the problem another member has suggested to me to go to another doctor but i think they wont help me just do nothing and send me away and i will be dissapointed i have reached the point in my life where i feel strongly as though i couldnt live without using it i think about my problem all the time and obsess about it and it really get me down and the worst part is the problem is not quickly resolving itself i dont undertsand why it is taking so long knowing my luck i will probably have to give it up and go through great emotional pain and i still have to wait another ridiculous 6 months until i get to see the colorectal surgeon for un up the back passage inspection with a camera i cant stand it anymore, it is too painful to read the forum everyone because everyone
    is having such a successful time with no problems i think im loosing my mind.

I just wish i could go back in a time machine and fix the mistakes i have made with using aneros
    i have not used a prostate massager device for two months now i had two left the P.E vibe made of silicon with a soft flexible tip and the prostate cradle external prostate massager both of which i tossed in the bin to stop me from using them and my A.A sponsor has all my aneros and other models at his work under is desk in a bag where no one has touched them he has had them for months now only because i couldnt keep away from them but hopefully in the following months this problem of mine will hopefully clear up, and if it fails to clear up i suspect i may have a more serious problem maybe even damage, and if i can continue to use the aneros models hopefully in the near future i will be a lot more gentle with them to stop the problem from re occuring

:( :( :(
  • RipTheJacker
    if you've got symptomatic 'rhoids lay off any significant assplay ...

certainly any assplay that causes any discomfort

... warm sitz baths soaking yer butt ... avoiding any constipation or small-sized hard stools - large volume stools put much less pressure on the rectal walls

keep yer butthole greased with a small amount of vaseline two or three times daily

... avoid dry toilet paper - either wash yer ass regularly with water and gentle soap ... or use moist towelettes like "Tucks"

once things are calmed down the ass toys aren't going to cause hemorrhod problems - butt yer own bad dietary or exercise or bowel habits can

... never jam anything up yer butt without gentle seductive "4play"

- rip
    :D
  • DavoDavo
    [QUOTE=The_Bishop;84746]This has come up before in the forum, review this thread for more information.

Dead pointer. Takes you to the main Aneros start page.
  • I have been comfortable using my progasm with no problems concerning my 'roids at all. In fact, I think they have shrunk to the point that I cannot detect them. I am very careful during insertion and lube more than liberally using an injector (very pleasant sensation) and over the anus manually. When I insert there is only one moment of mild discomfort, I slow down and patiently continue until it is in completely. As I have used for a longer period of time, my progasm has become more use "friendly" but I am aware that if I become careless, one of the hazards can occur.
    However, I am most pleased with myself as well as the progasm. Notso