Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Handle modification
  • Sorry guys. Me again lol. I cut my handle almost completely off of my helix a long time ago. It doesn't even have enough to nestle itself inside the crack of my ass anymore. Does anyone think that this may be a reason the Helix doesn't seem to really hit the spot? Does the handle serve a purpose in alignment or pivoting?
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    craig;

Lots of guys cut the handle off completely and report BIG improvements in sessions. So, I doubt you are affected negatively by this.

Best Regards,

Dave
  • VoyagerVoyager
    I had no sensation from the Helix for a long time.

After much prompting from members on chat I eventually cut the tail off.

Helix now delivers some sensation but nothing major yet.
    I moved the P tab arm this week but have not tried it out yet.

Different models work for different people, depends how you are wired.

The best one for me so far has been the smallest of the Peridise advanced set.
    If you have the funds, experiment.

I think it is called 'Retail Therapy".
  • rookrook
    [QUOTE=craig030713;97170]Sorry guys. Me again lol. I cut my handle almost completely off of my helix a long time ago. It doesn't even have enough to nestle itself inside the crack of my ass anymore. Does anyone think that this may be a reason the Helix doesn't seem to really hit the spot? Does the handle serve a purpose in alignment or pivoting?

Hey craig,
    I think you're correct about the handle helping with alignment. I've not "de-tailed" my Helix as yet and it doesn't wander/rotate like my Maximus and SGX, both of which have been snipped down to a small smooth nub. The Helix p-tab settles right into the sweet spot and stays there. The tab on the detailed tools usually winds up off to the right. However, prostate contact doesn't seem degraded. With 'moderate' bph, I may not be getting as much change from 'de-tailing' as do gents with smaller prostates.

Maximus is definitely more mobile/agile without a tail.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    craig030713,

The primary purpose of the handle is removal of the device. It is true that it also plays a smaller role in balancing and aligning the massager as it relates to the pivoting action. With the Aneros inserted the handle nestles between the buttocks which helps to curtail the lateral movement of the tab. To a minor degree it also helps the device rock back once a contraction is released. Many users have found a noticeable improvement in the intensity of prostate engagement by removing the handle. I had experimented myself with this years ago and found this to be the case as well. What I noticed however was that there was a small amount of stability sacrificed by making this alteration. It's a trade-off, whether it's worthwhile or not really depends upon your needs. At some point in the future, the manufacturer may well design and produce a
    tailless model. At such time I would expect that the product will be balanced in such a way as to provide greater intensity and stability.

You mentioned that your Aneros is no longer "hitting the right spot" are you referring to the spot on your perineum (as in that tab won't stay in place) or that you don't feel the massager internally the way that you did previously?

BF Mayfield
  • Thanks everyone for your time. I appreciate all the help. I'm must say I'm really glad that others have completely cut the tail off and still report great sensations from the Aneros. Had me a little worried. LOL. I have considered buying a new Helix just to be able to compare it to the one I have. I certainly knew a whole lot less back when I cut it off. In an effort to make leaps and bounds (so I thought) I cut the handle off a long time ago. I wasn't very patient back then, and thought this might speed up the process. I think we all know how that goes with the rewiring process. Nothing is a quick fix. Mr. Mayfield, most times I really don't know if it's hitting the spot anyway. LOL. I get little tickles and nudges, but often wonder if thats just the Aneros on the rectal wall or just a muscle spasm. I don't think I have really felt the Aneros hit my prostate. I believe I know what it feels like due to my wife helping me figure that one out. But I have never felt that kind of feeling with the Aneros. Not to say the feelings I do experience aren't pleasurable. I have had good sessions before. But often wonder if it was just my mind making these feelings up, or if it actually is happening. Dunno. I'm not giving up though. LOL. I am one of those people that usually master anything I get a hold of. Not the Aneros. This is such a challenge for me. Even though I have learned to relax, I believe I still have expectations and a need to conquer. This may be my downfall. I'm always looking for a reason or an answer that will the quick fix. My own crazy mind is my worst enemy. I know. Sorry to drag on, and back to the point Mr. Mayfield, with or without the handle, it was really no different. Just looking again for a reason why I can't do this. Still love trying though. Never gonna give up. Too much fun. Despite the struggle. I know it will be worth the time and effort someday. Thanks again guys. Your awesome.
  • I have been seriously considering cutting off the tail of my helix for quite some time and think I might go ahead and do it soon, but just want to clear up any reservations I have about it. My helix works great and I have actually just had some sweet sessions within the passed few days but from the sounds of it people say great things about the modification. As it is, my helix has had a tendency to veer off to the left resulting in the p-tab to be out of place as well as prostate contact to become significantly reduced and it can get annoying at times when this happens consecutively or at all especially when it starts to get good (though its not hard to get right back on track). The reason I have reservations about making the mod is the talk about sacrificing stability/alignment which I feel would be terrible considering how it isn't perfect to begin with.
    Now for my question: is the stability/alignment due to the tail making contact with your cheeks or is it a weight/design thing? Because if the stability is indeed due to cheek contact then the modification will do no harm seeing as how I am so skinny that my cheeks make absolutely no contact with the tail anyway.
    Also, the tail on my helix appears to be ever so slightly bent to one side..which bugs me a little.
  • helix44
    I cut the tail off my helix and found afterward that it seemed to rotate such that the main forward bump slid off to the side of my prostate. I bought a 2nd helix and have never used the tailless one since. I have found that, for me, the tail serves an important purpose in preventing rotation. Your mileage will of course vary. The fun is in experimenting! Have fun discovering the variant that works best for you.
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Hello, helix44.

You might want to consider "the best of both worlds" by only cutting off the curly part, leaving about 1 1/2 inches of flat tail, which will serve to align the device in your butt crack. Without the curly part, you'll be able to lay flat or sit comfortably. Just don't take advantage of that fact to drive a car while using Aneros.

Best Regards,

Dave
  • Love_isLove_is
    Good idea ten_s_nut! This is the first time I've heard that approach. Although, it seems to go against one of the reasons guys remove the tail/handle on these toys, which is to allow it to pivot more fully into the prostate. What you mentioned would only be helpful in the handle not touching the surface you are laying or sitting on.

Love_is
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Love_is;

I've modified both my Helix and Eupho as I described above and am very happy with the comfort and performance of them. My favorite position is flat on my back, feet slightly spread apart. The bobbed tails do not touch the bed. When sitting, the tail nestles in my crack and doesn't touch the chair. As I think I've mentioned before, Super-Os are more reliable than Amtrak for me these days.

Best Regards,

Dave

PS. I forgot to mention that the bobbed tail is still long enough for my wife to tweak it while we have sex. Fun stuff. :)
  • ZenithZenith
    I've "de-tailed" my Maximus and one of the two SGX's in my stable. I left only a rounded nub on the rear of the base of the SGX and Maximus. Those SGXs offer some comparison,

I experience some lateral p-tab wander from any Aneros but more so from the detailed toys. The smaller detailed tool (SGX) tends to wander laterally across my prostate and 'fall into the ditches' on either side. The Maximus doesn't wander and is a bit of a 'road hog,' probably kept on the 'straight and center' by lateral forces in the canal.

I get a lot of lateral feel (lower body bulk) from the MGX so that one might also be a candidate for a "Tailectomy." I feel less 'lateral centering force' on the bodies of my Helix and Eupho so am hesitant to snip those.

While the centerline of the road seems to offer the most intense pleasure with the SGX -- something 'pointy,' either the tip or ventral ridge, has a lot of 'dig' on the midline. However, the left and right 'ditches' are no slouches for nice vibes.

My Eupho and Helix are unmodified so I'm used to removing them by the tail. Only 'unsettling' factor is at the end of an SGX or Maximus session when I reach around to grab the tail and there's nothing there. Brain has a momemtarily WTH -- humans are really creatures of habit !

hth
  • Interesting, I think I actually might go ahead and snip off the tail of my maximus and hold off on the helix. I never have any issues with the maximus sliding off to the sides...ever, and a more agile maximus just sounds sooo good. I do like my helix a lot despite the "could be better" stability issue and would hate to make a permanent change that would result in making this issue worse.
  • eddy99
    [QUOTE=Voyager;97174]I had no sensation from the Helix for a long time.

After much prompting from members on chat I eventually cut the tail off.

Helix now delivers some sensation but nothing major yet.
    I moved the P tab arm this week but have not tried it out yet.

Different models work for different people, depends how you are wired.

The best one for me so far has been the smallest of the Peridise advanced set.
    If you have the funds, experiment.

I think it is called 'Retail Therapy".

I tend to agree , I started out with the triditional aneros and right away cut the tab and the handle off to make it more comfortable. I had a little luck with that but not what I thought it should be so I got a progasim and that was too big and it hurt a little after prolonged use. I then got the Peridise set and those worked the best of all for me, I had my first what could be called super O. I then purchased a Helix and have not had much luck with it yet but will give it some time to see before I cut the tab off. A "funny" thing about the Peridise it's so small and you would think it would not do much but for me produces the most sensation....