Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

getting rid of the ridges
  • 420E
    Hey all
    So I was just layin back thinking about all I have dicovered on this journey but I have yet to get to that special place
    I have an incesant neeed to modify things I own to make them "mine".
    I have removed the handles on both the sgx and mgx I own but want to try more.
    I feel the ridges on both hinder my pleasure.

Have any of you sanded off the ridges on your products?
    Is it possible?
    How do all of you feel about the ridges? Good? Bad?

The I hardly use the sgx, I feel it has a defect I just realized caused my distaste for it and have favored the mgx
    There is a scratch down the ridges on the back side (ptab considered front)
    I have been using a condom over the sgx and it feels much better but I feel the condom is now an issue.
    This is what got me thinking about getting rid of the ridges.
    I figure I have to sand down the scratch, and that's what got going with the idea of sanding down the ridges.

What do you all think?
    Thanks all
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    420E,

If there is a scratch on your SGX and you purchased it on this site, it comes with a guarantee that would enable you to exchange it. While it is possible to sand it down and smooth it out, it might be easier to simply have it replaced.
    With respect to the ribs, although it may take some time, if you are careful this could be done without harming the action of the MGX and SGX.

With regard to "
    removing the P-tabs" are you speaking of the part that contacts your perineum (the area between your scrotum and anus) or the arm that fits between your buttocks? If you have removed the P-tab, you have effectively disabled this device. The Aneros is designed so that it pivots on the P-tab. The P-tab is the fulcrum and the body of the unit functions as a lever arm. Once you have removed the P-tab you have destroyed the Aneros....what remains is nothing more than a plug.

The handle or K-tab (in some cases) may be removed without causing damage to the Aneros. Hopefully this is nothing more than a confusion in terminology.

BF Mayfield
  • 420E
    Thanks B. I had a typo, thinking one thing typed another. Edited to fix it.

Anyways back to the point
    The devices are two+ years old. I don't think I can do anything about it now.

No worries.
    Give me an excuse to modify further.
    I'm going to get rid of the scratch and see if I how feasable getting rid of the ridges is.

I hadn't given the sgx much thought until I tried the condom method with the mgx and liked it so I tried with the sgx and I feel like it fits better. But I am not liking the condom any more, I'm glad I tried it cause it woke me up to the sgx again.
    Now I just gotta deal with the scratch and see how it goes..
    To the workshop!

-Erik
  • tokertoker
    sounds like a lot of work i would just get a eupho
  • enigma
    420E

I sanded the ridges down and then polished my MGX a couple of years ago when I first got my Progasm.

In all honesty I didn't notice that much difference. You can try it but I don't think I would bother again.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Actually the MGX, SGX and Classic are the only models that feature ribbing. All the other models are smooth. Purchasing a different model may be a simpler solution if it fits in your budget. If you have the time (and the elbow grease) sanding will do the trick....eventually. To speed the process up you may want to consider starting with a coarser grade sandpaper, say 100 or 120 grit to work the ridges down. Once that's done you can begin a gradual step down process to finer grades of sand paper. If you want to end with a matte finish (that's consistent with the rest of the device) make your finish sand at 500 or 600 grit. If you want a shiny finish you'll have to go to a 2000 grit or above.

BF Mayfield

p.s. Glad to hear that your P-tabs are in order!image
  • 420E
    I was thinking about new toy but this is more satisfying,
    But I plan on something new soon.

Thanks for the grit advice, it was my next question.

I'm down to no ridges with 100 going to store for up to 500 maybe higher.

All this work iks working me up lol.. can't wait to try but must not cut corners!
  • 420E
    Well its done.
    Went all the way to 1500 in fact.
    It is the smoothests its ever been.. ever
    I went over most of the device, all but the ptab, three times with 600 and three times with 1500.
    Its perfect..
    No expectations for tonight but looking forward to the journey.

Peace
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Congratulations! Interested to know how it turns out, please keep us apprised!

BF Mayfield
  • 420E
    Best. Idea. Ever.
    I'm doing it to the mgx next.
    I posted a while back that I felt things were seeming to drying out down there but I think this may have been the issue.
    I think it was irritating and distracting me from the good feelings.
    It was like a whole new toy, I'm excited for the mgx now.
    thanks guys.
  • rookrook
    If you decide to do more Aneros refinishing or minor reshaping, try Scotchbrite pads. White is very fine for finishing and the black, green and blue pads are great for hogging material. Since they are 'bendable' I've found them great to deal with irregular surfaces.

If you liked the MGX without ridges you're probably an eventual natural for a Maximus -- generous, but not as aggressive as Progasm or Vice. "Bloops" into place just like a Helix :) .
  • 420E
    Good advice rook.
    I'm going to do the same thing I did with the sgx for now,
    Start with 100 and go up to 1500 grit in four steps, it worked wonders there so I know it will work.
    And thanks for the advice on the next model I should get,
    There are many different models with slightly different features so its good to have an idea of where to start next.
  • CockadoodleCockadoodle
    Buy a Helix...much better toy anyway, IHMO.

Cockadoodle