Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Cheap, compatible 7-function vibe for VICE
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Hello, VICE owners.

I got one of these cheap (less than $10) Doc Johnson things:

Amazon.com: Doc Johnson 7 Functions Wonder Bullet, Purple: Health & Personal Care

I said "cheap" instead of inexpensive because I have my doubts the device will last. The bullet fits into the same hole in the VICE as the standard VICE bullet. Half-way bullet insertion is plenty for the full effect. The controller/battery pack is wired to the bullet so you can't sit on it without stressing the cord.

The function set is good and the vibe is much quieter than the VICE bullet. I find it's easier to get Super-Os with the DJ vibe than with the original equipment vibe.

Cheers,

Dave

PS. -- This vibe is so tiny it could be taped to the P-tab of Eupho, Helix or Progasm. --- D.
  • rookrook
    my order's in! -- Strangely, Amazon has assigned an order number but is holding off on a detail confirmation, billing, or shipment -- perhaps Dave's post caused a buying spree.

@Dave -- claim your 'finder's fee.'

If frequent replacements are needed, perhaps we could form an anersonian's co-op for some case-lot purchasing.
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    rook;

I'm hoping the cheap DJ bullet is a stop-gap measure, pending Aneros's own programmable bullet or a set of bullets with various characteristics.

BTW, our neighborhood sex shop has these Doc J vibes in stock, but they charge almost double Amazon's price. Shop owner said they are popular because the bullet fits all the cock rings with vibe holders. Who knew?

Cheers,

Dave
  • rookrook
    Hey dave,
    any evidence that this is a transducer with a sig-generator in the remote or just a small motor driven bob-weight.

if a transducer, I'll order another pronto and see what kind of waveforms I can shove down those wires.

rook

P.S. somewhere down deep inside is a lurking urge to do e-stim -- without the electricity.
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    rook;

The DJ bullet has a simple bob-weight and motor. The controller varies DC pulse width and level. Basic, brain-dead design.

Cheers,

Dave
  • 420E
    @dave your last post is somewhat contradictory.

A single function vibe where you can vary intensity with a slider that changes the resistance and thus current to the motor which increases or decreases vibes.
    If this vibe is using a pulse train to vary the vibes then this has great potential, I'm not familiar with DJ vibes so its hard to say
    There could be a number different ways that a vibe using pulse width modulation could be used.
    I am definatly curious, with a good micro controller this thing could do whatever you wanted as far as vibes go.

@rook this transducer thing has me curious, I feel I may need to look into building an attachment
    Get a microcontroller and transducer and a way to provide feedback,
    similar to listening to the vibes changing as contractions are happening.
    Hmmm the mind races......

Well I am off to the drawing board.

Peace
    ~Erik
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    420E;

I have a slightly older, larger DJ bullet and controller, which my wife used until it broke. I'll take the circuit board out and have a look. My bet is on a single-chip, state-machine type type device, not a micro-controller. If there are any manufacturer's codes on it, I'll trace them and let you know whose it is. But you're right, you could use a micro-controller or a low-cost DSP with built-in A/D and do all sorts of cute things with it, like OhMyBod-style MP3 input.

BTW, if the M-B 420E is your wheels; nice ride.

Cheers,

Dave
  • 420E
    A state machine makes sense and is a little bit cheaper than a full blown micro-controller .
    I would have to assume there is an amp in that bullet, i just dont see a state machine powering an amp hog like a DC motor.
    I have a mc here at the house that does a pulse width modulated output, so with that i could do pretty much anything that state machine can do and then some.

I could probably get feedback into the MC and help control the vibes, like if your in a full contraction slow the vibe or shut it off to let the aneros do its thing and then as you relax, increase the vibes and start the involuntary journey again.

Or even change vibe based on breathing. Find a way to sense the abdominal muscle contractions that way it can reward you for doing good consistent breathing and shut off if you stopped breathing..

hmm

what do you all think?
    if it were easy to use, would you use it?

Peace
    ~Erik
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Erik;

OK, I took apart a dead bullet vibe and its wired controller/battery pack. Original price was about $14. I was wrong about thinking it was a pulse width type design. This thing looks entirely analog; not a single gate or transistor. It's all chip resistors, diodes, and caps. I guess the 7 modes were selected with diode ladder "logic." There is one lump of potting material that could be hiding a bare die, but I doubt it. The bullet has nothing more than a DC motor and a rattle weight inside it. Oh, well...

Cheers,

Dave
  • rookrook
    Sounds like the other dj vibes and insertable bullets/eggs I've seen. The 'engineering' problem here is to save production costs and keep operating temperature low enough to save the insulation and "bearings." Usually ignored is the issue of not overheating the plastic parts of the toy so tat toxic fumes aren't too annoying. I quit using a dj prostate vibe when I felt the plastic out-gassing might not be good for me.
  • CockadoodleCockadoodle
    Ya know, boys, this sounds like a great application for a PIC device. Easily programmed, or programmed for an infinite variety of rhythms, it would seem like the logical choice.
  • rookrook
    [QUOTE=ten_s_nut;97292]Hello, VICE owners..... snip .... The bullet fits into the same hole in the VICE as the standard VICE bullet. Half-way bullet insertion is plenty for the full effect. The controller/battery pack is wired to the bullet so you can't sit on it without stressing the cord.

The function set is good and the vibe is much quieter than the VICE bullet. I find it's easier to get Super-Os with the DJ vibe than with the original equipment vibe..... snip

Mailman arrived about three hours ago.

YEAH ! The bullet case material is so flimsy that the further it's inserted in the Vice, the more the 'tonality' of the vibration changes. However, the timbre of the vibe lights my fire..... Definitely a step ahead.

Cool find Dave !