Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

• Auroken
    just wondering what lubes ppl recommend, or what things can be used as good lubrication, such as household items, and if there is such a thing as too much lube especially if injected.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Unrefined 100% shea butter. Now Solutions brand recommended.
    http://www.aneros.com/forum/f5/unrefined-shea-butter-how-much-12757/

We generally recommend more than less lube injected to be on the safe side. Although there is bound to be a limit to how much you want to inject. Think accidentally farting it out because there is so much in you. LOL
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Auroken,

While there are several "household items" as you say that can be used for this purpose, e.g. Vaseline, Olive Oil and Shea butter as Love_is noted, I would strongly advise you against using all sorts lotions that you might find lying around. Many of these contain ingredients that are not suited for anal play. Remember, the rectum has the ability to absorbs substances that are introduced into it, so approach this with caution.

Another, that you might consider is Flax Seed Lube.

BF Mayfield
  • rookrook
    To 'put a number' on amount to inject... I think the amount will vary with the size of toy (larger toys will need more), if you use a combo of lubes (Vaseline or shortening on the toy along an injection of melted fat or oil), and very importantly, your skill level (how well you relax when accommodating the toy) -- being 'loose as a goose' with the toy is what you want to aim for and that will require less lube.

Most men do well by starting out generously, then working downward. Eight to ten ml. injected might be a generous starting point and perhaps a bit unpleasant. However, it will give you an idea of how agile these toys are.
  • Auroken
    finally found Shea butter on Amazon, its labelled as Organic Unrefined Shea butter so lm hoping its ok.. lm currently messing around with random lubes to see which one works best for me.

this is my purchase: Organic Unrefined Shea Butter 350g Tub: Amazon.co.uk: Beauty

looks like what ppl have recommended however if not l can give it to the misses to make her skin softer lol.
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Hello, Auroken.

Good luck with the Shea Butter. Lots of guys here like it and have Super-Os with it.

I don't pre-inject any lube anymore -- did so for the first couple of months -- find it unnecessary now. Since I "wear" the Aneros for many hours at a time I need a lube that will go the distance. On most Aneros devices, I use Astroglide X Silicone. VICE is the exception; can't use silicone lube on silicone devices. For VICE I use a thin base coat of Vaseline, then roll the device in my hand with a small amount of Olive Oil. This combo is very slippery and durable.

Cheers,

Dave
  • stu
    Can you also use vaseline as lube? Is vaseline safe inside of the body or does it contain harmful stuff?
  • Badger
    That's been debated on and off for quite some time here, Stu. The container says, "For external use only," but the man who discovered Vaseline, Robert Chesebrough, ate a spoonful every day for over 60 years until his death at 96. Don't know if inserting it up your butt is any different than eating it, because no one has done a study. So there you have it; make with it what you will.
  • buttfunbuttfun
    [QUOTE=B Mayfield;96373]Auroken,

While there are several "household items" as you say that can be used for this purpose, e.g. Vaseline, Olive Oil and Shea butter as Love_is noted, I would strongly advise you against using all sorts lotions that you might find lying around. Many of these contain ingredients that are not suited for anal play. Remember, the rectum has the ability to absorbs substances that are introduced into it, so approach this with caution.

BF Mayfieldimage

I started using this kind of lube a few weeks ago, and so far I really like it. I find a little goes a long way.
  • tokertoker
    i use sliquid ride its packaged for guys is a thick formulation but very slippery and comes in 250ml or 500ml and its awesome and good value too
  • stu
    Why did he eat vaseline? Was he somehow disturbed?
  • [QUOTE=stu;97403]Why did he eat vaseline? Was he somehow disturbed?

stu - probably not any more disturbed than us guys who are stickin' greased toys up our asses!
    - rip
  • Badger
    Actually, I think it was to prove to people how harmless, but yet, how healthful the stuff was. I can't imagine it's tasty; in fact, it probably has no taste at all, except for a greasy, oily taste.
  • [QUOTE=Badger;97436]Actually, I think it was to prove to people how harmless, but yet, how healthful the stuff was. I can't imagine it's tasty; in fact, it probably has no taste at all, except for a greasy, oily taste.

badger - why settle for "probably?" ... taste the fuckin' stuff ...

it is virtually at least relatively tasteless

... cheeseborough was lucky however as oral ingestion of mineral oil and theoretically at least vaseline can allow for possible aspiration into the pulmonary tree and this can cause what's called "lipoid pneumonia"

it is not however caused by anorectal use of either mineral oil or vaseline ...

they're decent lubes as they are NOT absorbed to any significant degree

... unlike butter which makes a damn good solvent for cannabinoids both for alice b toklas brownies or for very rapid anorectal absorption and a speedy (less than five minute) cannabinoid rush

- rip
  • PommiePommie
    Rip,

Is this of any concern unless you are also taking cannabis?

Also, does your reference to butter extend to shea butter?
  • [QUOTE=Pommie;97465]Rip,

Is this of any concern unless you are also taking cannabis?

Also, does your reference to butter extend to shea butter?

pommie - nah what i'm saying is almost anything you stick in yer ass can be absorbed into yer body so if you use crisco or lard yer gonna get a bunch of calories and raise yer cholesterol ...

if it's glycerine yer gonna get a carbohydrate load and raise yer blood sugar and triglycerides

... as i understand it mineral oil and petrolatum (vaseline) isn't absorbed - apparently due to the molecular size

i'm not sure about shea butter or even lanolin for that matter but i don't think any of the ones i've mentioned are unsafe ...

if it's safe to consume orally it should be safe to "consume" anorectally

... for my progasm i use hot soapy water to clean my already clean ass and relax the sphincters, and lube with precum (absolutely safe) and a little bit of vaseline or "albolene"

if shea butter is not a laxative it will have some food value ... whether you eat it with yer mouth or with yer ass

... everyone here seems to think it's damn good stuff

in a perfect world i'd make alice b toklas brownies with weed and fresh irish butter butt watch the quantitiy for reasons of health

... and use prob'ly a little crisco or olive oil to dissolve the cannabis for anal absorption and use it to lube my butthole and my progasm

butt it ain't a perfect world so i hafta contend with sobriety more often than i'd ideally want

- rip
  • Love_isLove_is
    Just for a heads up... As a long time user of unrefined 100% Shea butter, it is not a laxative. Nor does it have the purgative effect that water based lubes with glycerin does. This is the lube that worked for me after having problems with the glycerin in AstroGlide. In Africa, one of it's uses is as a cooking oil. So yes, safe to eat, safe to put in your rectum or anywhere else on your body.

Shea butter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • The_BishopThe_Bishop
    Best in my opinion is natural jelly, you could eat the stuff if you wanted to and you don't have to reapply during a session. I made a small batch last year and I am not even halfway through it.

Natural Jelly

3 (400 IU) vitamin E capsules (contents only - not the capsule casing). Vitamin E has antioxidant properties which nourish and protect your skin, and it acts as a natural preservative to prolong the shelf life of your Natural Jelly.
    1/4 tsp. shea butter (this is optional, but it adds a certain creaminess to the mixture)
    1 tsp. beeswax
    3 tblsp. almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil (your choice)

Step 1.) Place all ingredients in the top of a double boiler setup (a glass jar in a pot works fine), heat and stir until all ingredients are dissolved.
    Step 2.) Remove the mix from heat and stir the ingredients constantly as your petroleum jelly alternative cools and thickens. While still slightly warm, scoop the jelly mixture into a dark glass jar and leave unsealed to cool completely.
    Step 3.) Keep your Natural Jelly in a cool, dark place, or in your refrigerator. Use it as you would use commercial petroleum jelly.

You can adjust the viscosity of the mix by increasing/decreasing the oil proportions. The advantage of this mixture over natural oils alone is the increased viscosity due to the presence of the beeswax. The beeswax is the key to insuring good lubricity between you and your Aneros as it creates a micro thin film which holds well to the plastic. I’ve used this mix for my last couple of sessions and have found it to be a very satisfactory natural lubricant.
  • The_BishopThe_Bishop
    Here is a link to a peer-review of Petroleum jelly .
    Less refined grades (Yellow, amber or brown Petrolatum) are used industrially and may contain impurities such as carcinogenic polycyclic aromatics. Therefore, the European Union applies the risk phrase R 45 (May cause cancer).
    I would not take the chance myself.

[QUOTE=Badger;97395]That's been debated on and off for quite some time here, Stu. The container says, "For external use only," but the man who discovered Vaseline, Robert Chesebrough, ate a spoonful every day for over 60 years until his death at 96. Don't know if inserting it up your butt is any different than eating it, because no one has done a study. So there you have it; make with it what you will.
  • I've tried all kinds of lubes and KY is what I use the most. Recently I start off with a few cc of KY inside me and then I coat my ass and the progasm with precum. It is very slick and allows the progasm to glide into place almost on it's own. This combo seems to work best for me. It stays wet and slick, while adding a little kink to my session. It really turns me on using my precum for lube. During my sessions, I am flowing more of it out than ever. What drives me crazy is spreading fresh precum on my lips and then licking it off. My O's are better than ever doing this while I let the progasm send into orbit. Works for me.
  • geegle
    [QUOTE=B Mayfield;96373]Auroken,

BF Mayfield

Do you think we could use 100% Flax Seed Oil as is for the session? It's 100% edible food, so it should be ok for health purposes, but functionality as lube is in question.

FYI, I am a real newbie here waiting for my first Aneros, Helix. and trying to read good advice and experience. I ordered Sliquid Organics Natral Water-based Gel as well with Helix.
  • RipTheJacker
    [QUOTE=aneros_user43804;97498]I've tried all kinds of lubes and KY is what I use the most. Recently I start off with a few cc of KY inside me and then I coat my ass and the progasm with precum. It is very slick and allows the progasm to glide into place almost on it's own. This combo seems to work best for me. It stays wet and slick, while adding a little kink to my session. It really turns me on using my precum for lube. During my sessions, I am flowing more of it out than ever. What drives me crazy is spreading fresh precum on my lips and then licking it off. My O's are better than ever doing this while I let the progasm send into orbit. Works for me.

i'm with you mate ...

as kinkly as it may sound

... i'm a fuckin' precum addict!

fortunately i've always been a copious oozer - butt with aneros it's even more plentiful

... i've actually "ejaculated" a load of pre ("pre-ejaculate fluid" from the Cowper's glands) - with no jizz (semen) - on several occasions

- rip
  • BigTex
    Pre-cum turns me on too. I've often wondered if I'm the only one or if other regular guys like to taste their own pre-cum. It really makes me hot when I start flowing, which makes me churn out more. I've had big blobs left on my hip where my cock touches or on my upper belly if I'm really hard. One of my fantasies is to go down on my wife after I've shot my load...but I never feel so motivated after I cum. LOL. Might be an interesting poll...Have you/ do you taste your own pre-cum? What about cum? Once? Sometimes? Regularly? Funny how common sexaul activities are when you start talking about them.
  • priapusonepriapusone
    I luv mine too, it just gets me when it starts flowing out, and I love how it tastes too! I get really focused on the feeling of it ooozing out!
  • RipTheJacker
    [QUOTE=BigTex;97988]Pre-cum turns me on too. I've often wondered if I'm the only one or if other regular guys like to taste their own pre-cum. It really makes me hot when I start flowing, which makes me churn out more. I've had big blobs left on my hip where my cock touches or on my upper belly if I'm really hard. One of my fantasies is to go down on my wife after I've shot my load...but I never feel so motivated after I cum. LOL. Might be an interesting poll...Have you/ do you taste your own pre-cum? What about cum? Once? Sometimes? Regularly? Funny how common sexaul activities are when you start talking about them.

I'm not a cum junkie - i've tasted mine and it was a bit salty - whereas pre is sweeter'n honey

... confession ==> if i were to have a mutual masturbation session with a mate (male - which i've never done) i'd be tempted to taste his pre - but definitely not his jizz

as far a going down on my wife after a good fuck - i can taste my pre unless i've blown my load (cum), in which case it tends to dominate ...

"pussy cum" (as i call the female wetness) is a turnon both before and after sex - probably because i know it's evidence i've turned her on bigtime

... i exude and squirt so much prelube that - along with my woman's flow - she can't really tell on her own whether my orgasm was "wet" (i.e. ejaculatory) or dry (no semen) ...

thus even my dry orgasms are wet and i love the shit

... as does my partner

- rip