Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

How I told my brothers
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Hello, all.

Thought you guys might be interested in how I informed my brothers and brother-in-law about this stuff. I emailed them the following note:

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Bros;

I apologize in advance if this email is Too Much Information. But, since based on statistics at least one of you either has or will be diagnosed with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, I thought I should mention I was diagnosed with BPH about 7 months ago. My doc wanted to prescribe meds to alleviate slow urine flow, need to pee, aching, etc. I asked what alternative treatments I might try first and he suggested a few, including prostate massage. Google showed me this:

Prostate Massage Prostate Massager Prostatitis BPH Treatment Prostate Massage

I bought one and used it as directed. Now, all of my BPH symptoms are gone. A recent check-up by my doc showed "near normal."

(Note: there's an impressive side effect if you use this device during sex. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, I'll say no more.)

Love,

Dave
    """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

My brother-in-law emailed back:

You know, years ago I thought of inventing something like this. No need for it now, but could have used one in the past.

One of my brothers, replied:

Thanks for the info. I just assumed that having to piss every 4 to 6 hours, which mean that I have to get-up at night several times a week is fairly normal. At least it’s been consistent that way for more than a decade with little or no change. I drink a shit load of cranberry juice, and I think that helps me. Sometimes it takes a while to get the flow going, but I turn on the water in the sink or touch something very cold. Why that works, I have no clue.

As far as putting a device up my ass, during sex, I will pass for now. When I want something coming out of my dick during sex, I want to make it sure it’s the right fluid. I had a colonoscopy last year, and got an note from the Dr. for another one, so I don’t understand what that is all about. I need to look into that first.

Other brother wrote:

Get the fuck out of here. We're using dildos now? Dude-dos? "Oh, it's for my 'prostate', honey. I have BPH."

Ok, how do I figure out which model to buy?
  • Good to know you passed on the knowledge I have a younger brother who I willl share all my own knowledge to one day just not sure he is mature or open enough to understand just yet as he is only 20
  • rumelrumel
    ten_s_nut,

A generalized email note to friends introducing this device as a health related tool is an excellent idea. I hope you'll cross post this into the Ideas for Spreading the Word... thread. That's great you made the attempt to reach out and spread the word to your brother's and in-law. While the apparent reactions were not enthusiastically supportive, at least they were not totally dismissive either. It just goes to show how deeply ingrained into the male psyche the encultured taboo against anal penetration/pleasure extends. You've done your part to plant the seed for thought, hopefully, it will take root in the near future. Good for you for being courageous enough to put it out there!
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    tens,

This approach is a terrific icebreaker, one that I've used myself with friends and family. With respect to the latter I had a discussion with my brother several years ago. As some in the forum know I've been plagued with chronic prostatitis since my late twenties. My family has been aware of this for quite some time as the condition required increasing dietary restrictions (no alcohol, spicy foods, caffeine). My brother was spared this problem for most of his life up until last year when he learned first-hand what I had been dealing with a flare up of his own. My knowledge on prostatitis has become extensive over the years and I shared everything that I knew about causation and treatment with him. With respect to treatment we discussed the Aneros/Pro-state massager and he purchased a Helix. He began to see improvement after about 3 weeks and after a month or two he was symptom free!

I should add that I alluded to the
    fringe benefits as well, (which reminds me I have to check in with him on this).

BF Mayfield
  • The last one was the best of course. There's another hedonist in the brood.

I wish I could tell my brother, cuz god knows he could use the stress relief. But I know him well enough to guess his reaction. Maybe if he comes down with prostate issues in the future, I'll let him in on my secret.
  • darwindarwin
    ten_s_nut-

i trust you realize that if they stumble onto this site, which their enthusiasm may well lead to, they may see this post, figure out who you are on here and possibly be unhappy that you have posted transcripts of their correspondence with them.

darwin
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    Darwin;

I appreciate your concern. In any case, my brothers and brother-in-law would be fine with posting their replies here. If and when they decide to join our kinky little club, they will understand why I did. On the other hand, my brothers-in-law on my wife's side would not "get" any of this. So I won't be emailing them.

Best Regards,

Dave
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello Ten_s_nut, :)

That was very brave of you to share that information with family. I applaud you for having the balls to do so. And I'm incredibly impressed with the responses. None of it outright negative. It's occurred to me if I would at some point share this information with my two brothers. Not sure about that yet. But it's good to know that it can be done without destroying friendships. Although, I seem to recall someone else in this forum posting about trying to share information about the Aneros with close guy friends and having quite negative results. So I suppose it varies depending on how and who you speak about it with.

Love_is