Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Are you an unsuccessful Progasm user? Try the Helix instead!
  • brewster
    Being someone who is experienced at anal stimulation with various dildos, I figured the Progasm was perfect for me, as I thought having that "fullness" feeling that many guys were describing having upon my initial research before buying an Aneros, was exactly what I wanted.

I was also convinced by Aneros' marketing statement of how "98% of men have their prostate in the exact same location". So I interpreted that as "regardless of the Aneros model, it would hit the spot". Boy is that not the case! Being 5'6 is apparently not the ideal height for the Progasm, because after much personal use and "research" I could definitely feel the progasm putting pressure more on my bladder than my prostate. According to wikipedia the average male height in the US is 5'10.

After 3 or so months of trying; including a 4 day long period of edging(masturbating without ejaculation) with traditional masturbation and then cooling off and switching to my Progasm was unsuccessful, I figured it was time to move on. Not being one to give up on the almost indescribable pleasure that is going to come from having my first hands free orgasm, I gave in and bought the shorter Helix.

Immediately upon inserted the Helix I knew what I had been missing, and what I was in for. The tip of my penis tingled and my prostate happily pulsated. After 20 or so minutes of relaxation and slight PC muscle contraction, I began having involuntary body spasms and my entire body was sweating. I look forward to finally reaching my first "Super-O" that I know I'm capable of after a few more sessions.

TL;DR: I'm 5 foot 6 inches and the Progasm was overreaching my prostate. I switched to the Helix and am now much more satisfied.
  • carjockcarjock
    I have Progasm and a MGX I get the best results from my MGX. I love the fullness the Progasm gives me, but like you I feel its not hitting the right spot. I also have a larger massager from another company. Its not as tall as the Progasm. It works well too, not as good as MGX.

I wish there was a Progasm model for shorter men.
  • I'm about 1.76m tall Asian guy. Was the same as brewster, bought the Progasm with the same intentions but was unsuccessful as well. Switched to the Helix and still unsuccessful. Have been trying for more than a year. I just can't seem to be able to feel my prostate. Read that it is suppose to feel like a walnut shape bump, so have tried using my finger to feel for it as well as feel for the "urge to pee" feeling. Just can't feel anything.

Through the forums, it seems like you have to feel an immediate contact with your prostate for the aneros to work. Perhaps this is why I've been so unsuccessful. Well, I guess I'll just keep trying without any expectations and hopefully it will "awaken" someday.
  • Vinestal
    I have the mgx the helix and the progasm. I'm 5'7" and I've found the progasm to be my favorite of the three. Just my experience. Each is a little different and I still use them all but I gotta say the progasm has given me the most stimulation. There's not as much room for the progasm to move around so you dont get the dancing effect you might have with the helix.
  • ten_s_nutten_s_nut
    a_u41235;

Welcome to the Forum!

The fact that you can not feel your prostate is a big issue that should be addressed before you spend a lot of time getting nowhere.

You may not be able to reach your prostate with your finger. I can't; it's 4 inches inside. Try using a small, curved Zuchhini Squash in a condom. Or, hire a Certified Massage Therapist for 30 minutes. That costs between $60 and $100 in Northern California. Another thing, not all prostate glands are walnut-size bumps. Mine is flat and kind of heart-shaped when felt from the rectum, according to my urologist.

Once you've got the "feel" of sustained prostate contact, you'll be on your way.

Best Regards,

Dave
  • RipTheJacker
    [QUOTE=ten_s_nut;96609]a_u41235;

Welcome to the Forum!

The fact that you can not feel your prostate is a big issue that should be addressed before you spend a lot of time getting nowhere.

You may not be able to reach your prostate with your finger. I can't; it's 4 inches inside. Try using a small, curved Zuchhini Squash in a condom. Or, hire a Certified Massage Therapist for 30 minutes. That costs between $60 and $100 in Northern California. Another thing, not all prostate glands are walnut-size bumps. Mine is flat and kind of heart-shaped when felt from the rectum, according to my urologist.

Once you've got the "feel" of sustained prostate contact, you'll be on your way.

Best Regards,

Dave

i would think hiring an LMT to find yer prostate might be something a lotta straight guys might find difficult ...

if yer over 35 or 40 get a physical exam from yer PCP/family doc and let him know you [B]want yer prostate checked[/B] - i know of two guys who were under 40 and diagnosed with prostate cancer (rare as it is in that age group) - tell him yer a bit of a hypochondriac

... while he's doing it ask how far in it is, etc., and to put a little pressure on it as yer ignorant about the gland - then go home and experiment

this way you can get a physical exam as well as the prostate bit ... if you have insurance it may well cover it

- rip
  • RipTheJacker
    [QUOTE=Vinestal;96608]I have the mgx the helix and the progasm. I'm 5'7" and I've found the progasm to be my favorite of the three. Just my experience. Each is a little different and I still use them all but I gotta say the progasm has given me the most stimulation. There's not as much room for the progasm to move around so you dont get the dancing effect you might have with the helix.

i bought only the progasm and wasn't about to spend money on a second or third aneros until i knew the damn thing worked ...

i was "anally naive" butt i knew from personal experience - with others' assholes (i work in medical imaging) - it was not an unreasonable size for penetration with employment of the correct techniques

... it took me over four months of diligent work to wake things up down there

now that i've discovered some of the non-ejaculatory orgasmic pleasures the appliance can evoke - as well as enhancing penis playing pleasure and ejaculatory orgasm(s) ...

i don't wanna waste my time with the other models

... i'm still in the infatuation monogamous stage of our relationship LOL

- rip
    :)
  • I just restarted using the aneros again after a few years off. I got my first thousand super-o's using the aneros classic which is still available in a kit. It has ridges at the anal area for more stimulation and has a very large prostate abutment that absolutely can't miss. Also it's not too big. You might check that one out. I still love it!!!