Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

ass hair removal
  • darwindarwin
    i want to experiment with this, and balls while i am at it.

any suggestions?

i read of guys who shave squatting in the shower, and guys who use nair for men, and put vaseline on their hole to protect it.

but i am most worried about what happens when it grows back. won't the stubble be deadly?

darwin
  • rumelrumel
    darwin,

I've tried and abandoned the shaving method, you are quite right to be concerned about 'shaved' hair stubble. It IS very irritating as the sharp cut ends of the hair grow back and rub any skin in contact with it. The only way around this is to keep it shaved on a regular basis (like daily, if your hair grows quickly). I use the dipilatory method, when the hair does grow back in (which may be a week or more) the tip is not sharp (rounded), it is finer (smaller than a cut hair shaft) and does not irritate as it grows out, thus allowing you to go longer between hair removal sessions. There is a relatively new product out on the market called NO!NO!HAIR that I would be interested in trying myself. If any member has used this device, I would like to hear their review of it. It is rather expensive, suggested retail price $249.00 USD, but this might be an effective alternative to laser or electroylisis hair removal and sounds much less painful than waxing or shaving.
  • I just use my Wahl electric hair clippers and a close setting to shave it down short. Not short enough for stubble but short enough that I don't pull on my hair and I don't even really notice that it's there. It really feels a lot better than ungroomed.
  • hulahula
    be very careful using Nair on your scrotum. It could damage it.
  • RdrRdr
    Been shaving for a while, the irritation becomes hardly noticable after the first or maybe second time in my case! No experience with other products/methods.
  • Badger
    Veet seems to work for me; it removes the hair pretty well, and doesn't burn as bad as Nair. Plus, they have that fancy little plastic razor to scrape the hairs off. The secret is holding the skin taut, and VERY SLOWLY scrape the hair off. If you let the blade slide sideways, it WILL cause you to bleed just like a razor cut. Afterwards, spray on some baby powder anti-perspirant on over the area. As your skin gets used to it, it will not necessarily need the anti-perspirant, but maybe some baby powder after your shower.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    To all,

Be VERY careful when using depilatory creams/lotions in these sensitive areas. Most contain highly alkaline ingredients that basically dissolve the hair (much link Drano). This stuff can definitely burn you.

NO NO.....maybe a NO NO for Hair Removal

Just found some reviews on the "NO NO" Hair Removal device. This doesn't look promising. Even the one or two positive reviews seem to indicate that it is not effective at removing coarse hair. So much for pubic hair!

Check it out:

NO NO Reviews

My method of choice is the Seiko Cleancut shaver. I picked this up in Berlin 3 years ago and it has served me very well. I use it every other day and I've never had any problems with itchy stubble. It's quick and easy to use. To get the cleanest shave however it best to use a different type of razor that will shave down to a stubble. Follow that with the Cleancut and your skin will be as smooth as a baby's butt!

Check it out:

Seiko Cleancut reviews

In terms of limiting regrowth, electrolysis and laser treatments have generally been proven to be the most successful with this.

BF Mayfield
  • Gillette Fusion Power razor and Nivea for Men shave gel after a hot shower, once a week. I shave my ass hole, crack, perineum, scrotum, penis, and pubic area. I've been doing that for more than a year now. No problems. VERY smooth. I use a Norelco Body Groomer electric shaver for my back, butt, shoulders, chest, and abs, also once a week. My wife LOVES it!!! So do I.
  • Don't use depilatories on scrotum, penis, nipples, or asshole. The skin is too sensitive and it WILL burn. I accidentally got some on my nipples once and it hurt for more than a day. As I previously posted, I'm a shaver now. And depilatories are a bit messy for my liking.
  • tokertoker
    i have used nair and veet for sensitive skin for years i have very dark thick hair it comes off no problem never leave it on for more than 8 mins and try not to get it right on your hole but not the end of the world if you do never use if you are already irritated or a bit red it will sting like a motherf***er when removing i recomend toilet paper slow firm wipes try not to wipe same area over and over then shower i have had very few problems doing it this way for 15 plus years enjoy
  • That is cool toker, I guess my skin is more sensitive. Does Veet seem to be milder?
  • Badger
    I think so. I've been using it for roughly 4-5 years, and it doesn't seem to bother the skin much anymore. The first several times is much more delicate, so technique, aftercare and timing is critical.
  • VoyagerVoyager
    You could try waxing.
    I had a full body waxing once.
    Did not cause much discomfort.
    Sort of expensive but the results lasted a few weeks.
  • darwindarwin
    guys,

what about ingrown hairs? does shaving or dissolving lead to these? ouch!

for those that use nair/veet, how much does it cost, and how long does the bottle last?

i definitely only want to do it once a week. brianadams says that shaving once a week works for him, so that seems ok.

thanks,
    darwin
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    To all,

It should be said that obtaining a good clean shave is a highly subjective thing. Ask any 10 guys about their preferences for shaving facial hair and you'll likely get 10 different answers. The same is undoubtedly true for this region. I suspect this is because everyone's hair is different and some people have more sensitive skin than others. As I said before, I would not go applying lye (the principal ingredient in depilatory lotions) to my anus or scrotum....but that's me. (I tried it once long ago and learned my lesson). Shaving with a traditional razor is the safest, quickest and most effective way that I've found for removing hair on and around the anus. For the other genital regions, the Cleancut works very well. Use shaving cream or a good quality foaming soap, and a very light touch to avoid cuts. Those with hemorrhoids should avoid this method. Needless to say, one should never use this same razor on one's face.

While everyone's experiences with in-grown hairs differs as well, I've found that establishing the correct shaving interval can often be key in this. That's right, there is such a thing as shaving too much (which can irritate the skin) and not shaving enough which allows hairs to grow long enough to be a problem. This is something that you have to experiment with. For shaving on and around the penis, scrotum and perineal areas I find that it's the most effective every day or every other day (using the Cleancut). In so far as shaving anally, I do this much more seldomly....every 2 to 3 weeks. Using a good exfoliating scrub between shaves is essential as well. This gently removes the dead surface layer of the skin that can trap hairs. Btw. if you do end up with some in-grown hairs, step up the exfoliating regimen, once a day or once every other day and it will clear up quickly.

BF Mayfield
  • CyrulCyrul
    [QUOTE=Voyager;91816]You could try waxing.
    I had a full body waxing once.
    Did not cause much discomfort.
    Sort of expensive but the results lasted a few weeks.

Yep - waxing is the way to go... Lasts much longer, and causes minimal irritation afterward.
    It is a little expensive like Voyager said, however that isn't why I was so reluctant to try it... that part should be obvious.
    It is nowhere near as painful as it sounds.. Make sure you visit a PROFESSIONAL with A LOT of experience... And also make sure they use a blue colored wax (not sure what it is called, just 'European blue-hard wax' (NO PAPER STRIPS!!!)
  • artformartform
    Another adventure eh darwin!! :D :D

I do ass area, perineum, sack, shaft hair, and pubes up to a narrow moustache at the top split by the clean shaven landing strip heading north to the navel. Mrs. a shaves completely. There is absolutely nothing like the skin to skin communications and energies buzzing back and forth when we are together!!!

We use our Philips BodyGroom and have for 3 years plus. Perhaps we have finer hair there, butt we do not shave that regularly, sometimes going a week or two. For us the stubble is no great problem, at least not unless we let the lube we use dry out in the second or third hour!! ;) I find that over this time, with more or less regularly shaving every week or so, the hair growing back is finer and fewer hairs. Maybe that is just body aging here at 63! :D

You couples who do do this, if you don't already, try the Scissors Position in intercourse. That is you man straddling one of your dear one's legs, with your pubic bone at 90 degrees to hers, and her other leg up and over you.

This can leave you both comfortably resting on your sides, one more on the back, the other more on the front. Legs can move more freely and rest much more easily. This has your penis focused more on one side of the vagina, but it also gets great G-spot stim points this way. Subtle movement adjusting each partner are easy, changing the angle of entry and skin contact connections, producing great variations in sensations and access to all your other key parts manually; clitoris, both partners anuses, perineum and scrotum/balls (although they like to retreat in these circumstances!!). We have a variant that has my pubic bone working her clitoris and labia as we are working her prostate with my penis and she is fingering my prostate... ... .... .. .both of us dry multiplying the Os, sometimes 'til we OOZEeeeee.....

This is THE position shaved for Bio-Electric Sex, Dr. von Urban's 30 minutes thrusting (slowly and gently), then 30 minutes still motionless penis well inside the vagina (well add a few brief times of motion as the bodies will have it!!), and the longer you are still the more times, quantity and quality of energies flows between you. Exchanging yin and yang, you both balance up and are so generally energized you feel like it's the best mutual orgasmic conclusion bar none!!!

Yes, as with all things here, we are each unique individuals in our backgrounds and responses to aneros and all of this, butt for those who try this and get it, this is the best discovery and maintenance discipline for Tantric or Taoist energies work I have found in my/our lifetime periodic exploratory adventures.

all the best comfortable bare skin contacts and connections energetically and orgasmically all

artform
  • tokertoker
    i meant to say also that i get no stuble and no ingrowing hairs when using veet or nair