Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Erection killing sensation
  • CyrulCyrul
    Hey Guys,

Recently I have made a great deal of progress with my Helix and Progasm, however have noticed something strange along the way... When I am really rolling with involuntary contractions and strong prostate contact, I sometimes begin to get a semi-erection - which, all of a sudden, totally diminishes the sensation.

I usually don't reach a rock-hard state during a session, but as soon as the partial comes on it seems like all feeling stops (weird).

The only explanation I can think of is the blood-flow/firming of internal/external areas is causing the contact to shift. I have found that my perineum 'sweet-spot' varies with each session. Sometimes it is dead-center, while other times it is to the left or right. I wonder if the stiffening of that area is causing it to move (although I don't feel it doing so)

Anyone else ever encountered this? :confused:

For me, it has been a double-edged sword, this whole erection thing during a session. Another thing I've encountered (when the above situation does not happen) is when I achieve a fully engorged, throbbing hard-on it sometimes leads to the dreaded (and amazing) hands-free ejaculation. I am uncircumcised and when fully erect, the skin pulls back over the glans on it's own - this otherwise negligible amount of stimulation can push me over the edge to a strong ejaculation.

Thanks! - Cyrul
  • Early on in my practice, I found that an erection interfered. My conclusion was that it wasn't physical as you suggest but was nervous system related (e.g. my body's focus shifted from prostate to penis). As my practice has progressed (as I've indicated in my blog), penile and prostate sensations are starting to merge. So, now when I get any kind of erection (seldom a full one, sometimes a semi), it often enhances the experience. Perhaps if you give it some time, this will happen to you as well.
    My advice is not to over-analyze. Just let things happen as they will. One thing I've learned is that the experience is constantly changing and what you feel now is not necessarily what you will feel months from now.
  • rookrook
    Is this when using either Helix or Program or just one of them. (both kinds of tabs ??) Any changes in pre-cum production?

I've been slipping off-center for several months and sense a slight desire for a more centered initial contact (usually that desire gets quickly overpowered by other sensations). It hasn't slowed prostate engorgement so I've not sweated it. I blame this on more solid musculature along the pelvic floor. The off-center hasn't had an impact on my sessions -- it just makes for a minor annoyance until my prostate zones-out. (maybe "zones-in" is correct.)

As long as I've got positive prostate contact when building arousal I stay fairly flaccid. When I use Peridise (no tabs and negligible prostate contact) I get a lot of penis engorgement and unless I really control my focus, I'll go full hardon. Any anal contraction causes a very 'lonely/hollow' feeling around my prostate and local p-waves feel like a PONR for wet-O. But, I've been able to stay dry.

So, were I in your spot on this and it was happening with Helix, I'd be tempted to pad the p-tab sufficiently to snug-up the pressure on the prostate. I'm not sufficiently skilled with Progasm to offer words on how I'd handle it.

hth ... rook

---- late edit ---
    just read dtmsmith's post -- good words & great advice.
  • CyrulCyrul
    [QUOTE=dtmsmith;90974]Early on in my practice, I found that an erection interfered. My conclusion was that it wasn't physical as you suggest but was nervous system related (e.g. my body's focus shifted from prostate to penis). As my practice has progressed (as I've indicated in my blog), penile and prostate sensations are starting to merge. So, now when I get any kind of erection (seldom a full one, sometimes a semi), it often enhances the experience. Perhaps if you give it some time, this will happen to you as well.
    My advice is not to over-analyze. Just let things happen as they will. One thing I've learned is that the experience is constantly changing and what you feel now is not necessarily what you will feel months from now.

Interesting... You're right - the erection does cause me to shift focus to penile sensations; I'll try and relax and just go with it. I agree 100% about how the experience constantly is changing and evolving. What a ride!

[QUOTE=rook;90975]Is this when using either Helix or Program or just one of them. (both kinds of tabs ??) Any changes in pre-cum production?...

I've noticed it more with the Helix - the Progasm seems to 'lock' in place and the P-tab rarely slips off center. The pre-cum really starts flowing with the erection though. Usually the involuntary spasms are in full swing and my cock is literally bouncing off of my abdomen. It seems when the bouncing occurs it really increases the volume.

--Thanks for your help guys!
  • [QUOTE=Cyrul;90977]Interesting... You're right - the erection does cause me to shift focus to penile sensations; I'll try and relax and just go with it. I agree 100% about how the experience constantly is changing and evolving. What a ride!

While I think you should certainly try to keep your mental focus away from your penis, don't be surprised it this doesn't help. When I talked about focus, I was not referring to my mental focus but to what my body was focused on. My theory was that since it was relatively early in my practice, my body would naturally default to a penis-centric mode. So, anything that caused penile sensations would push it in this direction.
  • hulahula
    Try having your sessions in a dark room, and don't look at yourself. You may have the sensation of something happening, but you won't be sure if it is your penis or not, if you don't look at it, and that may help.
  • Tremelo
    Interesting you said that, Hula. I've had "an imaginary penis" (which always feels hard regardless of my real erection) right since the beginning, and by enjoying that (not caring if it's real or not) made me tons of progress. I haven't read much here about "the imaginary dick," but you would seem to know what I mean?
  • I was having a very intense P-Wave the other night, while lying on my back under a sheet pulled up to my chin, and became a bit distracted by the sheet rustling up and down at my neck. It took a few seconds to realize, the sheet was getting thwacked up and down by my erect penis, which for the first time in my Aneros experience, was bouncing up and down like crazy. I had been totally unware that I even HAD an erection--very unusual for me.

I usually get a "sudden-onset," very full erection at the peak of a P-Wave, but this usually quickly disappears along with the wave. Most of my Aneros time is spent with no erection, regardless of the amount or intensity of prostate contact going on. I do fall asleep with my MGX in quite often, and sometimes will awaken after a couple of hours to find myself in the middle of a P-Wave. Very pleasant!
  • Oh, man...I think erections during a session are a real bonus. I get great erections during the peaks of bliss, and they tend to actually ADD a great deal of pleasure to my session. I look forward to the event, as it sometimes doesn't occur, but when it does, I take advantage.

During protracted sessions, I can sometimes achieve two or three separate erections. It's a real plus in my experience and one that adds great pleasure to my Anerossessions.

YMMV but I love it.

C