Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Super-O's for your eyes only?
  • Bungles
    Dear Aneros members,

Recently I have been making some great progress in my journey. The last session I had was the best I've had since I started out, 11 months ago.

My question basically comes down to this:

Is it possible to experience a self consciousness super-O (eyes open and sense of time), in terms of the physical sensations that one can experience during it?

I ask this because I am not ready to experience an unconscious orgasm, that many have described in terms of "ego-loss", "out of body", etc.

Lately I have been thinking about letting go, and I fully understand that it's crucial for reaching an altered state of being. But it has been making me thinking this much, that it has been affecting my sleeptime, as I have problems letting go in terms of dreaming.

I would love to hear from the users how they have overcome their fear of letting go to reach this ultimate goal. I hear so much that this is so pleasureable, that it becomes addictive. And specially, for the guys who have experienced it on there first try, how didn't it scare you when it hit so hard in terms of the mind and it's physique?

Thanks,

Bungles
  • rumelrumel
    Bungles

It seems you may be experiencing a condition called "Terror at the Gates" a term coined by KSMO developer Jack Johnston.

If your question is really asking "Is it it possible to experience a Super-O without change in your ego consciousness?" IMHO, it is, but with this qualifier. As long as you have real trust and confidence in your ability to mentally deal with any issues which might arise during your Anerosession there should be no problem.

I experienced this same phenomenon on the way to my first Super-O, but during that episode I remembered reading an account by 'darwin' of his also experiencing this feeling. As Jack Johnston councils, just treat this as a signpost on your journey. It is a sign you are approaching the Super-O doorway but it is not the doorway itself. If you you let the fear become the door then you are making it more difficult for yourself as you have just erected another barricade along the path. Once you accept the fact there is really nothing to fear, the fact the anxiety is all self generated and is only the result of encountering these new unknown sensations; then you can see it is just another new sensation to have experienced in the re-wiring process.

A Super-O can exist in many forms, an altered state of consciousness does not mean you have lost control or are suffering from some mental disorder, it is just experiencing the world from a slightly different perspective, your ego can join and enjoy the ride or it can fight for absolute dominance/control in your psyche. If you choose to allow the fight to take place you are going to waste a lot of time & energy and experience frustration on your way to that first Super-O. On the other hand, if you enlist your ego's positive values in support of the journey and reassure yourself that nothing harmful or damaging will occur, you will have made the barricade morph back into the signpost announcing your proximity to the Super-O.

IMHO, once you breakthrough that self imposed limitation and experience a Super-O, the "Terror at the Gates" will transform into a signpost saying "Teasing at the Gates".

Bottom line - I didn't really overcome the fear that first time, I acknowledged its presence, I re-assured myself that I was just fine, I then returned to focusing on the good sensations, kept up rhythmic breathing and continued gentle contractions and holds when I became swept up in the orgasmic wave of my life. I haven't seen that old signpost again!
  • BusterBuster
    Wow Rumel, well said!!

Bungles, I have that ego issue as well, I think that the percentage would be quite high of guys who have the same issues that we do. I know it is there trying to control things. I have been able to beat it down a bit, but it is one tough sucker. I try not to put too much energy into thinking about it though. Every positive step that I have had along the way has been accompanied by two steps back. I am a firm believer in the notion that when your body is ready to experience progress then it will happen and not a minute before.

It is a process.
  • mog
    Hi Bungles (and friends),:)

Congrats, Bungles, on your progress.

There are (at least) two aspects to learning the MMO skill beyond just the beginning stage.

Over time, as well as the mind and body learning how to generate the amazing erotic sensations, the mind has also to develop the ability to deal with them without excessive and unmanageable sensual overload. A beginner might have the belief, like I did, that he will be able to cope with whatever his developing orgasms might bring to him - "bring them on- I'm ready for anything!".

That cannot always be relied upon in my experience.

These two aspects of a journey, with progress, can usually be expected to advance and track together quite well but on some occasions the mind can become quite overwhelmed with a sudden and unexpected spurt in progress (a "Terror at the Gates" for KSMO people). These unprecedented sensations can be so powerful and different from the usual orgasmic experience that a sudden panic can occur - "I must stop this and get back to my own world - and FAST!".

I don't suppose that terrors happen to everybody on the MMO trail but I've had a few of these on my journey and I've learned not to worry over them. They are rare now but if one does hit me I know that trying to remain calm and waiting for the panic to subside has always worked for me.

It's as well to be aware that terrors can occur - and they can be alarming. But I now regard them as sure signs of progress.

Good luck,

Mog
  • Bungles
    Thanks all so far for your excellent replies. Rumel once again, your answers are top-notch! Could you say that when your body is capable of 'enduring' immense pleasure, and that your mind can keep up with it, that these roadsigns will never appear?
  • The best quote I ever heard was "there is no limit to the pleasure you can feel". That knocked down all the roadblocks for me and sped me off to amazing places.
  • rumelrumel
    Bungles,

No, I can not say the roadsigns will never appear or re-appear as Grandmaster 'mog' correctly pointed out in his response to you.

IMHO, the 'rewiring' process we talk about on this Forum is an ongoing, evolving learning process of self actualization. I often get the impression newbies think they just need to learn a few techniques to get to their Super-O and then they are done. I have come to believe the obtaining of the Super-O is the opening door to a whole other world of sensual possibilities and energetic states. 'artform' has written at length about these further energy manifestations and this fits quite well with 'rorymuscle's noted quote"there is no limit to the pleasure you can feel". If this is true (and I believe it is) then the only restrictions to our growth and pleasure are the ones we impose upon ourselves.

I think some of those limitations exist as a 'checks and balances' mechanism to assure we never do harm to ourselves or overwhelm our conscious minds with the vast power of own hidden psyches. The inherent wisdom of your body is encoded in your very DNA, when your conscious mind is ready to accept new levels of understanding, the opportunities will be made available. The "Terror at the Gates" is your signpost a new opportunity awaits you.

You have a couple of choices at this point. You can cease practice with your Aneros or self restrict its use as a masturbatory aid which may cause the "Terrors..." to abate. You can empower the fear, make the signpost into a barricade and bar yourself from the pleasure levels beyond. You can acknowledge the fear but know it is only a temporary condition which will soon pass like a cloud in front of the sun and proceed to your next level of pleasure. You can totally surrender your ego consciousness and heroically step into the unknown to experience all that may be available to you at this time.

Personally, I don't think life hands us more than we are capable of handling at any one time. That is not to imply our endeavors will be easy but they will be manageable.
  • Bungles
    [QUOTE=rumel;90122]Bungles,

You can acknowledge the fear but know it is only a temporary condition which will soon pass like a cloud in front of the sun and proceed to your next level of pleasure. You can totally surrender your ego consciousness and heroically step into the unknown to experience all that may be available to you at this time.

To hear from an experienced user that it's temporary, comforts me a lot Rumel. And I agree with this as I have been progressing all along in my journey, as each session have been different. When I compare my very first session and my latest, I wouldn't believe I would be able to feel these wonderful sensations!

Once again, thanks for the advice :)
  • JayT
    [QUOTE=mog;90113]Hi Bungles (and friends),:)

Congrats, Bungles, on your progress.

There are (at least) two aspects to learning the MMO skill beyond just the beginning stage.

Over time, as well as the mind and body learning how to generate the amazing erotic sensations, the mind has also to develop the ability to deal with them without excessive and unmanageable sensual overload. A beginner might have the belief, like I did, that he will be able to cope with whatever his developing orgasms might bring to him - "bring them on- I'm ready for anything!".

That cannot always be relied upon in my experience.

These two aspects of a journey, with progress, can usually be expected to advance and track together quite well but on some occasions the mind can become quite overwhelmed with a sudden and unexpected spurt in progress (a "Terror at the Gates" for KSMO people). These unprecedented sensations can be so powerful and different from the usual orgasmic experience that a sudden panic can occur - "I must stop this and get back to my own world - and FAST!".

I don't suppose that terrors happen to everybody on the MMO trail but I've had a few of these on my journey and I've learned not to worry over them. They are rare now but if one does hit me I know that trying to remain calm and waiting for the panic to subside has always worked for me.

It's as well to be aware that terrors can occur - and they can be alarming. But I now regard them as sure signs of progress.

Good luck,

Mog

I've been using my Aneros for about 3months now. Last week I had the most amazing feelings (what I'm guessing was a super-O coming on) and then immediately after... extreme terror. I've had similar sensations happen while experimenting with drugs as a teenager so I realized very quickly what was happening but I couldn't reverse what was already done. I had to end the session as I wasn't able to get the feelings to return. I'm happy to see that this is a normal process and that it could only mean good things.

Since then I've had two sessions and maybe it's because I'm trying to force what I know is something VERY pleasurable, I have yet to experience those feeling again.
  • mog
    Hi JayT, and welcome to the forum:)

>I'm happy to see that this is a normal process and that it could only mean good things.<<br />
    That's right. I've always found that an event that was strong enough to result in a terror could, in subsequent sessions be handled without any discomfort - thusly, the ramping up of the intensity of the Super-Os progresses!

>.........I'm trying to force what I know is something VERY pleasurable..........<<br />
    I'm sure that you already know that striving for, or even wishing for advancement, can be completely counter-productive. Let your mind (aided perhaps by your own gentle erotic thoughts and visions) roam freely during your sessions and it will eventually provide you with the most enthralling results!

Good luck,

Mog