Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Advice on which model to get first?
  • Raziel
    I have recently heard a lot about the prostate massage and prostate milking etc - I was introduced to it by a girl who did it to me with her fingers and found I really enjoyed it. Thing was this was a kind of one time fling and, being single, I'm interested in experimenting in it, but would have to do it solo for now. I did a bit of research on the internet which is how I found out about Aneros. I am going to order a model when payday comes around (roll on friday lol) but I was unsure as to which model to get. I have read quite a bit on the site and know it's all personal preference but, for someone who hasn't used any, what is a good starting point? I know physical size has something to do with it and I am about 6ft and of average build - not fat but not a twig either, about 13 stone. When I experimented with this with the girl I mentioned she got a fingerup there no problem and I didn't feel any discomfort, if that helps?

I am guessing the MGX is the kind of standard model so I was leaning towards trying that, but have heard good things about the Helix on this board, so is there anything stopping me jumping straight in with this? And do members generally feel the Helix gives the best results?

Sorry if these have ben answered before, I've done a search on the forums but not found anything relating to beginners - unless I've missed it.

Great forum by the way.
  • Raziel
    Thanks Wreckind - I'll have a look at that now!
  • Tremelo
    If someone's dubious about insertion, I'd recommend a slender Eupho, and if someone's already comfortable with insertion, I'd recommend a Helix. Or get both, since Aneros sells them as a discounted pair (and I consider both indispensable personally ;-). However, I'm pretty down on the MGX, even after a recent phase of re-discovering its merits. Ultimately, I just find the MGX a many-less-dimensional experience.
  • animeros
    Hello Raziel, I have been using MGX for about 8 or 9 months, and yesterday I had my first session with my new Helix and i would say is better Helix, since its much more easy to get invluntaries with it, at least for me.

animeros.
  • Raziel
    Thanks for the replies Tremelo and animeros - you're answers, coupled with the info I've found on the site (the welcome message you get has a lot of useful links, wish I had got that before I posted the original message now, was a bit over eager lol) have convinced me to go with the Helix first. It's payday Friday so I'll put my order in then and should have it next week. Can't wait.

I am also going to get some lube too, I assume any water based luve will do the job? I have seen a product called Gun oil lube, which I can get quite a lot for at a decent price. Are they all pretty much equal. Was also going to get an enima kit or douche to for cleaning as that comes recommended.
  • rumelrumel
    Raziel,

Welcome to the Forums,

While most water based 'personal lubricants' are probably acceptable, I would not go so far as to say "any water based lube will do the job", as they are not all equal. Lubrication is probably the second most frequently discussed topic on this Forum. I encourage you to read the Lubrication paragraph in the Getting Started chapter of the Aneros WIKI and then read through the “Bestlube..." thread for additional information and insight into this topic.

BTW, the Helix is a good choice for a first model, I hope it serves you pleasurably.
  • Badger
    Raziel;

For a good water-based lube, try Slippery Stuff Gel. It was designed for medical anal probing, and of several popular lubes, was by far the safest in a rectal absorption test, which can be seen here:

AEGiS-CATIE News: Intriguing findings from study on lubricants - March 29, 2007
  • Raziel
    Again, thanks for the great help, I'll look into the different lubes tonight. I'm buying the Helix and lube in England, so I'm not sure if the brands will be the same (think I'm going to put my order through Buy Fleshlight Lubricants - UK Free Delivery on all Lubricants at the UK's biggest Fleshlight shop, Lubricants ) so I'll see if any of the lubes on here come recommended anywhere on the lube info.
  • sojrnr73sojrnr73
    I started out with the Helix.
  • OptimusOptimus
    [QUOTE=Raziel;89842]

I am also going to get some lube too, I assume any water based luve will do the job? I have seen a product called Gun oil lube, which I can get quite a lot for at a decent price. Are they all pretty much equal. Was also going to get an enima kit or douche to for cleaning as that comes recommended.

Some people don't do well with lubes containing glycerin. I find that glycerin gives me a burning sensation. Also, there is some question about the safety of the various paraben compounds. There are at least several good threads on this site that discuss the safety of various types of lubes. The bottom (pun intended:) line is, anything you put in your bum can get absorbed into your body ... which is why many prefer natural plant-based lubes like shea butter or coconut oil.
  • Raziel
    Thanks for the help with this guys, just to let you know that I've put my order in for the Helix and, hopefully, it should be with me tomorrow - so I'll let people know how my first session goes.

Really appreciate the help with this.
  • wreckind
    [QUOTE=Raziel;89856]Again, thanks for the great help, I'll look into the different lubes tonight. I'm buying the Helix and lube in England, so I'm not sure if the brands will be the same (think I'm going to put my order through Buy Fleshlight Lubricants - UK Free Delivery on all Lubricants at the UK's biggest Fleshlight shop, Lubricants ) so I'll see if any of the lubes on here come recommended anywhere on the lube info.

I ve tried many lubes including ID Glide, BIOGlide
    Gel lubrifiant BIOglide
    and others, but the best combinaison, or at least the one which works the best on me, is :
    Slippery stuff for the pre-lubrication / KY Gel on the Aneros.
    many online sites have very expensive shipping charges, but this one is decent (as opposed to the others) :
    Slippery Stuff Gel Lube - Sex Toys at Good Vibrations - GoodVibes.com
  • Raziel
    Thanks Werckind - I have some lube at the moment and am experiencing a little soreness when using the Helix. Not sure if this is down to the Helix or not but I'm going to try different lube next time. I'll check this out.
  • I have currently had the Helix for about a month and a half and am absolutely loving it, took about 2-2 1/2 weeks for sessions to start getting significantly better. I'm thinking a big part of that was due to both a change in lube and Hypnaerosession. Unfortunately I threw down about 30 bucks on a bottle of water based lube (Jo H2O) only to find out after a week and a half that the pain/burning/discomfort was due to the glycerin and constant need to take the toy out and reapply, and not due to the aneros itself. I bought silicone lubricant (Jo Premium Silicone) and sessions soon became MUCH better. The silicone lasts essentially however long I want the session to last so there is no need to take it out and reapply after 15-20 minutes because of absorption making the insides become dry and abrasive. In addition to lasting longer, there is no irritation and discomfort(which a fair amount of people are susceptible to with lubricants with glycerin in them). Honestly i'm willing to say a lubricant change will likely do you good.
    As for the helix itself, I feel it hits just the right spot and each session I learn more ways to manipulate it. Big thing is to relax a lot first then start manipulating the toy, some people will say 20 minutes or so with it in before they start doing anything. Since getting hypnaerosession I have been using it with nearly every session, and as per Rumel's instructions I don't believe the first contraction actually takes place until about 40ish minutes in, using the time leading up to it to induce relaxation and build up arousal and concentration. It is truly amazing what the mind is capable of and how it can drastically influence your physical sensations when guided in the right direction. Now because it is kind of up there in the price range (well I suppose depends on who you are) i'm not saying to get it right away. But I would say that if a couple of weeks of little to no progress goes by I would highly recommend it as I, personally, have benefitted immensely from it as well as a great many others who have gotten it.
  • I started with the peridise beginners set and after 2 year I am using the MGX. I love the last one.