Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

SSRIs and Aneros
  • Just curious, are there many users who take an SSRI Anti-Depressant daily whom are able to use the Aneros sucessfully and others whom are not able. :evil:
  • p0lar
    i dont take any regular anti depressants but when i was on Zyban for my smoking then masturbating was more freeing. zyban is also used as an anti dedressant. my personality did change a little too
  • I take Bupropion, which is the generic drug in Wellbutrin as well as Zyban, for my ADD. I asked the doctor for this instead of an ssri because I didn't want to risk the sexual side effects that come with taking ssri's.
  • The_BishopThe_Bishop
    I have just started an SNRI. I doubt I'll have any luck with the aneros in the future.
  • Hi Bishop,

Ive been on fluxotine 20mg low dosage Ive been able to have involuntaires and have some nice sessions. You probably will find you cant have a session everyday, it will be more like once a week. good luck, be positive!
    [QUOTE=The_Bishop;88001]I have just started an SNRI. I doubt I'll have any luck with the aneros in the future.
  • rookrook
    [QUOTE=Osterman;84090]I take Bupropion, which is the generic drug in Wellbutrin as well as Zyban, for my ADD. I asked the doctor for this instead of an ssri because I didn't want to risk the sexual side effects that come with taking ssri's.

I went on an SSRI for 120 days in 2007 to help deal with a short term stress issue. It killed both desire and ability. Among frineds and my resident expert (spouse), SNRI's are far more benign. Over the Yahoo ASI forum, there's a gent who posts that 200-300mg of SNRI prior to sex is the way to go!
  • helixbill
    I have been on 40 mg generic Prozac for several years and it doesn't seem to affect my Aneros sessions or my ability to have Aneros-less orgasms.

I think the KSMO meditation has made a huge difference for my whole sex life and that may be why the Prozac doesn't seem to have any bad effects.
  • The_BishopThe_Bishop
    Thanks for the feedback guys...gives me hope!
    I love this forum and the kind people on it.
  • OptimusOptimus
    [QUOTE=Glenzo;83874]Just curious, are there many users who take an SSRI Anti-Depressant daily whom are able to use the Aneros sucessfully and others whom are not able. :evil:

I was on several SSRIs before I found a doc who knew the score. I remember especially that, while I was on Prozac, I couldn't cum at all. Bummer!

The root of the problem I had is that my thyroid had been killed by gluten (Hashi's triggered by silent celiac, a genetic vulnerability). Once I found a doc who knew how to treat me with T3+T4, I didn't need to use allopathic anti-depressants. This is a real problem in American medicine: far too many docs who go straight to an AD, rather than looking at endocrine function.