Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

help with insertion

• Hi just got mine today and I'm not off to such a good start, I have not had too much problem with inserting objects in the anus in the past but I experienced quite a bit of pain with the aneros. Once I got it in and was comfortable but then all of a sudden experienced sudden pain and had to quit. Are there any suggestions for what position is best for insertion, I tried both laying on my side and on my back. In all fairness I still haven't located the prostate with anything I've tried. Not ready to give up but would appreciate any advice/tips.

Sincerely,

David
  • darwindarwin
    Haven't had that problem. Was the pain near the door or deep in?

It may be a lube problem. The best method is to get a viscous liquid lube (ID Glide is good) and use a baby medicine dropper to insert.

Also, definitely don't force it in. Relax it in. Trying pushing out with your muscles, which opens up the door.

Darwin
  • Jerry
    Instead of pushing it in, try moving it from side to side, or up and down, or in a rotating motion with just the weight of your hand on it. This takes longer but I think you'll find it produces a massging affect on the anus which makes it relax and aids in insertion.

Cheers
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    As Darwin has pointed out, good lubrication is a key here. I would also add that taking your time with the insertion (particularly for a new user) is very important as well. I noted that you said that you have had some experience with other objects, not knowing what those objects were I would hazard to say, (if they were your garden variety dildos) that they were probably more regular in shape than the Aneros. The Aneros’ irregular shape can require a little more time in getting used to. Prior to lubricating, part of my set up it is to make sure that the Aneros is warm (or at least body temperature) to the touch. This can be accomplished very simply by submerging it in hot water (from the tap) for several minutes prior to use. I have found that this is important because a cold object is often times irritating to the anal and rectal tissues, and your anus may actually try to fight the penetration with some uncomfortable involuntary contractions of its own. So warm it then dry off the water then lubricate it liberally down to the ribs near the base, Now start slowly with the insertion, giving yourself a minute or two for every inch you insert. You will come to a point (as the device narrows near the base) where the Aneros continues sliding in on its own. Relax and let it happen. At this point try waiting several minutes before you begin your first contraction.

I should point out that once the Aneros is fully inserted, it is in contact with your prostate. There is really no way to avoid it! The device has been anatomically designed to do this. So where do you go from there? My suggestion is to start GENTLE and start SLOW. Begin with a VERY small contraction, one that is just above the level of relaxation and hold it for several minutes. Work with these kinds of contractions for a while and observe the sensations that they produce. Many people often tend to want to "slam" themselves with a powerful contraction as soon as they have the Aneros inserted. As you may have found out that can be somewhat uncomfortable.

Make sure to check out some of the other postings in this forum for where you go from here.

Good Luck

B Mayfield
  • Edit
    Thank you all for the tips. Didn't have the problems with insertion I did last time, I just took it slow and got it in there. I did end up having an enjoyable experience even though it was a little strange. After doing the relaxation devices I felt like I was floating and spinning (note: I did have a cold but I hadn't taken medication)! For example, if I touched my right hip I felt like I was spinning to the left (very realistically)! After 5 minutes that passed. I did experience quite a bit of quivering, I don't know if I had an anal orgasm but whole body was shaking. I'm pretty sure I need better lube, the kind I have is sticky and the tab didn't really move that much (am I correct in assuming the aneros should be doing at least some sliding back and forth for maximum benefit). Also I skipped the enema it never was uncomfortable but upon pulling the aneros out I probably should have :) So I will continue trying, again thank you all for the advice.

David
  • Hi all thanks for the advice, I did a post on Saturday but it never got through. It was weird the second time I tried using it I had little trouble or pain with insertion and I think I had an anal orgasm unfortunately mother nature called and I had to stop. Then 2 nights ago I tried again and had a devil of a time, finally got it in after 45 minutes but it never did feel comfortable. I must confess none of the 3 times has the aneros "found it's own way in half way," I am going slowly. I am learning as I'm going, it was so strange that second session after a certain point I felt like my whole body was spinning and whenever I touched a spot it started me spinning in the opposite direction! Very weird. Oh well I'll continue trying, and hope for success.

David
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    David,

After my initial response to your questions, I had some further thoughts too. First, regarding the Aneros "finding its own way in", I think I had commented about the Aneros sliding in on its own at a certain point. However, this point only occurs where the device narrows at the base. The main body of the Aneros can take a little more practice and patience to work in. Again, the Aneros is not shaped nor is it textured like your average dildo. For one, its not straight and uniformly cylindrical the way that most vibrators are. At best a vibrator will engage your prostate only tangentially, giving little or no contact as it makes its way through the anus and into the rectum. Remember, the prostate is located in the anterior wall (the frontal wall and the area closest to your penis) of the rectum and it is set off axis, at somewhat of angle in relationship to the anal opening. On account of this, it takes some real manuevering to get any contact with your typical dildo or vibrator. The Aneros by contrast is angled, so upon full insertion it immediately engages the prostate.

Secondly, the texture of the Aneros is different. Most vibrators/dildos have an ultra smooth, almost glossy type finish. The Aneros has a more matte (slightly rough) finish. According to the manufacturer, they created this texture to allow lubricants a better surface to adhere to. However, I have found this to be a "double edged sword" as this seems to neccesitate the use of COPIOUS amounts of lubrication to make insertion possible and to allow the device the mobility required for it to work effectively! But rest assured, given time, patience and proper lubrication the Aneros will work VERY effectively indeed.

So I must ask you. Are you prelubricating your anus/rectum as suggested by Darwin? Are you also lubricating the Aneros heavily? One other approach that might want to consider is to begin with some anal massage using a finger or a dildo that you are more familiar with. Once your anus has become more relaxed you should be able to slip the Aneros in with greater ease. If it is still difficult, try "massaging" the Aneros in, a little at a time.

In my own case I've noticed that the top most region of my anus (the area directly adjacent to the perineum) to be the area that has the most "play" in it (the easiest to get by). The rear region,(the area closest to the tail bone) to be the hardest to get by. (As described by a clock face, the top part near perineum is at 12 o'clock and the rear region is at 6 o'clock). What I often do is to try to exploit this "soft spot" by working into it while trying to put less pressure on the more difficult rear region. I suspect that most people have these hard and soft areas. Perhaps in different locations. Experiment and find which region of your sphincter gives easier access and work it!

With regard to the issue of "nature's call", its happened to me on several occassions too! As matter of fact, in a similar circumstance, I was just in the process of having an anal orgasm when it occured. Vigorous anal play can sometime engage the process of "peristalsis" (the natural contractions of the colon that pushes matter outward). You can put this one under the heading of picking the right time for this pursuit. Try to make sure that you're empty prior to engaging in this activity if at all possible. If not, a "light" enema can sometimes be helpful, but be careful, larger enemas can iritate the colon and likewise initiate a somewhat uncomfortable peristalsis.

Sounds like you experienced some interesting sensations, keep with it, and you will find consistency.

Good Luck

B Mayfield
  • B Mayfield, thank you so much for your assistance. I think it is just a matter of putting everything together (and a little bit of luck) before I achieve results. I did try prelubricating using the dropper the session when I had so much trouble inserting, I forgot to the next time. It sounds like lubrication is the key to optimal success, I will focus on that next time. As far as enemas go the first time I used a simple Fleet bottle enema, but I have found these are good for emptying out the lower areas but still "leave some stuff behind." I have tried for the first time the traditional water based enema, and that virtually cleaned me out, it was a little uncomfortable but did help in that after that I had the least urge to evacuate using the aneros.

All in all I think it is just a matter of pulling things together. Once I get a little better at the insertion process that will help a lot, some times I have spent so much energy getting it in that I am too wound up to enjoy it. It is going to be a cold and rainy weekend so I am looking forward to some more experimentation. It is comforting to know that it is pretty normal to have some growing pains along the way, but am hopeful I will reach the end result. Thanks, again.

David

• Originally Posted By: collegeclub
    B Mayfield, thank you so much for your assistance. I think it is just a matter of putting everything together (and a little bit of luck) before I achieve results. I did try prelubricating using the dropper the session when I had so much trouble inserting, I forgot to the next time. It sounds like lubrication is the key to optimal success, I will focus on that next time. As far as enemas go the first time I used a simple Fleet bottle enema, but I have found these are good for emptying out the lower areas but still "leave some stuff behind." I have tried for the first time the traditional water based enema, and that virtually cleaned me out, it was a little uncomfortable but did help in that after that I had the least urge to evacuate using the aneros.

All in all I think it is just a matter of pulling things together. Once I get a little better at the insertion process that will help a lot, some times I have spent so much energy getting it in that I am too wound up to enjoy it. It is going to be a cold and rainy weekend so I am looking forward to some more experimentation. It is comforting to know that it is pretty normal to have some growing pains along the way, but am hopeful I will reach the end result. Thanks, again.

David

As for me, I warm up the Aneros by soaking in hot water. I simply wet my anus and slip it in; no problem. I push it in to the hilt for maximum effect. I have done PCs for years and have developed very strong PCs which if I use lube and have strong contractions like when I cum when I'm on top or even sneezing, my PC muscles pop the Aneros out. So I like my lover on top when I cum so I can 'wiggle' my rectum and feel the Aneros massaging my 'glory-organ' prostate. As I begin to cum, I wiggle my ass back and forth to get the maximum massage to give me an explosive orgasm.
    Also: I have developed a simple 'sling' or 'harness' to keep the Aneros from tending to slip out that works 100% of the time, as I wear it while doing lifting or otherwise straining. (Its a little embarrassing to have to reach back and look like I'm scratching my ass when I push it back in). (Oooooooops...)
    Am I the only one on this forum that has had his Aneros ejected? I haven't read every post, so let me know if I can assist anyone that has experienced this problem.
    TT