Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

How Much Lube
  • Hi,

I'm new to Aneros, I just got the MGX two days ago and I just ordered the HELIX, based on the poll I've seen here. I was just wondering how many mL of lube should be inserted (1mL, 2mL, 3mL, 4mL 5mL)?. I'm also using Astroglide is this a good lubricant?.

Thanks
  • Badger
    Probe Thick Rich is supposed to be very good: it's thick, but very stringy, like precum. My favorite is Slippery Stuff Gel, it's super thick and it lasts and lasts inside. There was also an anal study to find out what water-based lube was potentially the least harmful, and Slippery Stuff Gel was the best by far. Avoid lubes with glycerin, they incite bowel movements.
  • I'm using ID Glide, and I have been experimenting with the amount used. I've tried from zero (lube only on the Aneros) up to about 8mL.

Personally, I prefer about 5mL (one eyedropper full).
  • jack38
    You'll probably just need to experiment to see what works for you.

I've used Astroglide (2 different types) and ID Glide, but lately I've been using KY Gel and having really good luck with it. It doesn't take a lot to lube the Aneros with the KY Gel and it stays slick for me for 1-2 hours.

I haven't tried inserting prelube - haven't really needed to - although when I used Astroglide premium it gave a great ride but didn't seem to stay slick for as long as other lubes so maybe prelubing would have helped.

Hope this will help - have a great time!
  • rookrook
    Hi Michael... --- welcome to the forum and join us for a great flight.

My experience with Astroglide is similar to Jack38's. Good out of the gate but fades after 90minutes.
    Suggest be generous (prelube w/5-8ml) at first and scale downward. Note that some vaginal lubes aren't recommended for anal or internal use.

At home I use a Shea Butter based lube but for convenience on the road, Badger's suggestion re:Slippery Stuff Gel makes a lot of sense for quality and packaging convenience. Slippery Gel also carries a USP cert of it's ingredients for internal use.
  • I favor white vaseline as it offers a durable coating of lubrication for the rectum, is easy to apply on the massager and appears chemically quite inert, as it doesn't irritate my skin. I seem to have an extremely tender skin outside the anus, and start feeling a burning sensation from just about all other lubes.
  • aliquis
    rook said:

Note that some vaginal lubes aren't recommended for anal or internal use.

Because of thickness or because of glycerine content? Is glycerine an issue when used anally?
  • Hi,

I did a search for Slippery Stuff Gel and I see there are different types, which one should I be using?. The Red label, Blue label, Paraben Free or Multipurpose. I'm thinking Blue Label but I could be wrong.

Here is the web site I found.

http://slipperystufflubes.com/catalogs/index.asp?category=326466&count=1

BTW
    Thanks
  • dtmsmith

Hi,

I did a search for Slippery Stuff Gel and I see there are different types, which one should I be using?. The Red label, Blue label, Paraben Free or Multipurpose. I'm thinking Blue Label but I could be wrong.

BTW
    Thanks

I use the one with the blue label and like it a lot. It's available from Amazon.
  • rumelrumel
    (Note : Underlined Text is a Hyper-Link)
    Hi Michael,

Welcome to the Aneros General Discussion Forum,

There has been a continuing discussion on the Forum about lubrication types and issues. I recommend you first read the Lubrication paragraph in the Getting Started chapter of the Aneros WIKI and then read through the “Bestlube..." thread for additional information and insight into this topic.
  • Badger

Hi,

BTW
    Thanks

Mine's the Blue Label, but I think that any would be fine. The Red Label is the regular Slippery Stuff, and not the thicker gel.
  • slimjm
    I like Vaseline too, Rod of Plastic, for the same reason, except my burning with the water based lubricants occurs at the internal sphincter level. Although I put a tiny amount of water based lube on the Aneros just for slipperiness, the prelubrication in the anus with Vaseline provides comfortable protection. I don't inject anything inside.