Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Issues with Aneros
  • RND12
    Alright I just got my first Aneros (helix) and I didn't feel a thing. Kind of felt terrible. I had it in the right way, it contracted and everything, but I felt nothing. Didn't expect a HUGE orgasm on my first time, but I was expecting to feel something. I dont know if its because of my size (because I'm 6'3) but could anyone give me tips or advice on why it doesn't work? Also dont know if this had a reason why, but I'm kind of sick at the moment, so could that be a reason as well?
  • RdrRdr
    A good start would be to not expect ANYTHING. Just let it happen.

That's the first step into enlightment according to most people here. :D
  • artisanartisan
    Welcome to the community.
    Basically as Rdr said, don't expect anything. When I tried mine for the first time, I was expecting fireworks, the lot, but all I got was frustrated. Don't try and force the issue. wouldn't have thought size was a problem with the helix.
    Relax and prepare for a journey, you will hear that mentioned a lot here! There are some lucky gits who get super 'o's right off the bat, us normal people however, have to work at it. But trust me, it's worth it.
    A good starting point I found is Aneros's own plan in their Home menu - Home>learn>instructions - use that as a base. Being unwell may make it a bit harder to relax properly maybe, but you will have many more sessions to come when things will work.
    Most importantly, relax, experiment, and enjoy. Also check out the forum, blogs and wiki, lots of good stuff to be found.
  • RND12 said:

but I'm kind of sick at the moment, so could that be a reason as well?

If you are not feeling well this could definitely effect your aneros session in a negative way.

From the WIKI:

...there will be times when you are not ready for this experience such as when you are not appropriately aroused, feeling tired, feeling ill, or preoccupied with the cares of the day.

• tokertoker
    i think people tend to exagerate a little when describing what they feel not just with aneros i read a review of the tenga flip hole said it almost shattered his pelvis i have had great sessions with helix and progasm but sometimes not its a bit hit or miss stick with it try to not be goal orientated i had an orgasm first time no ejaculation a dry o then second time nothing 8 months later i still have dud sessions but do have super-o's but its a relative term what i call a super o is an intense feeling of pleasure but not quite the 1000nd times the plesure that some people talk about just relax have fun and try not to expect anything every time is different stick with it and maybe try progasm you are a big guy at 6' 3" im 6' and had my best session with progasm but on the whole the helix is my most succesfull model and it has to be said the longer you use it the stronger your pc muscels get which makes the whole thing easier and more plesurable hang in there :wink:
  • rookrook
    toker said:

... ...and it has to be said the longer you use it the stronger your pc muscels get which makes the whole thing easier and more plesurable hang in there :wink:

Very accurate observation by toker.

I started my journey in May 2009, believing that I was in great shape muscle wise. My Urologist started me on Kegels in 2004 and my wife had coached me that summer.

Real quick, I discovered that I'd neglected regular Kegel work. It's like flossing teeth. If the dental tech doesn't nag every few months, most of us tend to slack off.

Took almost six weeks to regain enuf muscle to really wag the Helix.
  • xhepera
    toker said:

i think people tend to exagerate a little when describing what they feel not just with aneros i read a review of the tenga flip hole said it almost shattered his pelvis i have had great sessions with helix and progasm but sometimes not its a bit hit or miss stick with it try to not be goal orientated i had an orgasm first time no ejaculation a dry o then second time nothing 8 months later i still have dud sessions but do have super-o's but its a relative term what i call a super o is an intense feeling of pleasure but not quite the 1000nd times the plesure that some people talk about just relax have fun and try not to expect anything every time is different stick with it and maybe try progasm you are a big guy at 6' 3" im 6' and had my best session with progasm but on the whole the helix is my most succesfull model and it has to be said the longer you use it the stronger your pc muscels get which makes the whole thing easier and more plesurable hang in there :wink:

The fact of the matter, though, is that everyone is different. And I agree with some in these forums who say that a primary component of Aneros success is in the *mind.* I was "lucky" I guess. I experienced a bit of what the Aneros was capable of at my third session. After a couple of weeks I experienced the much-coveted "Super O." And now, many months later, I can invoke the Super O at will during any Aneros session. In fact, the only times I don't experience numerous of these is when I purposely abort them, because frankly, sometimes they scare me! lol!

As for intensity. . .I guess it's relative. All I know is that my Super Os are damned near out-of-body experiences. FOR ME. As I said, sometimes that's just a bit too much pleasure for my tastes. ;) I guess my point is that we can't speak accurately to the subjective experiences of others. Any attempt to do so is inherently doomed to failure.