Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

New, affordable bidet
  • Doing some searching for an affordable bidet I found BioBidet http://biobidet.com/ and bought the Supreme (their best) model. Cost $500 + $17 shipping.

Ordered Friday, it arrived yesterday (Wednesday) and the installation took about 45 minutes.

Mrs. Helixbill had looked at it online and was very enthusiastic. They have some very good demos on the site.

I gave her the first try on it and she was really impressed with the female genital rinse as well as the 'posterior' rinse. The heated seat and air dryer work great.

I tried the enema function and it does a great job of flushing my rectum.

At 64 I sometimes have potty problems that I didn't have in my younger days and have ended up with a sore butt from having to wipe so hard to get clean. The Posterior cleaning function cleaned everything completely off. The Dryer function had dried the center of my butt very well but since I used an the Move (more of a wave back and forth spray) during the Posterior cleaning, I had a little water on my cheeks that I had to dab off with toilet paper.

I was pleasantly surprised at the way my butt felt after I was through. I guess I never realized just how much different it felt when I didn't have to wipe myself raw to get clean.

I am not affiliated with the company in any way, just a happy customer and pleased that it was a couple of hundred dollars cheaper than many bidets I found.

One note: I ordered the elongated seat in white and when it arrived it was beige. I haven't talked to them yet because we decided the beige looked fine on our white toilet and will probably keep it. Just be aware that they may not actually make the elongated in white, just verify if you buy.

I ordered using the toll free number on their site and spoke to a gentleman named Provin (pronounced like 'province') and he was very courteous.

Makes for a clean and Merry Christmas for the wife and I :wink:
  • alvalv
    In the middle east, asia etc it is common that each toilet is equipped with a hand shower. You just stick it between your legs while seated on the toilet, point it in the right direction and press the button to rinse. Then one needs one or two folds of tissue to dry. In public loos the shower head is usually missing so one needs to turn the tap on and point the stream from the shower hose to the correct part.

I really do not know why we Europeans (and Americans) like to walk around with a stinking ass after smearing the poop with toilet paper to and fro. Why is a simple shower or bidet not a standard feature in the developed western world? I thought we are so hygienic and sterile but when it comes to personal hygiene between the legs we are far behind. Now I understand why Americans like to say "lets talk dirty" when they mean "lets talk sex"

P.S Please no offence just food for thought
  • Badger
    alv, in light of your knowledge of the demographics of proliferation of bidets in the world, I find it quite ironic that the bidet was invented by a Frenchman; a doctor, I believe. One of my cousins worked in a VA hospital with a doctor who claimed to be a descendant of the inventor of the bidet, and he was a major germaphobe, to hear her talk about him.
  • alv said:

In the middle east, asia etc it is common that each toilet is equipped with a hand shower. You just stick it between your legs while seated on the toilet, point it in the right direction and press the button to rinse. Then one needs one or two folds of tissue to dry. In public loos the shower head is usually missing so one needs to turn the tap on and point the stream from the shower hose to the correct part.

I really do not know why we Europeans (and Americans) like to walk around with a stinking ass after smearing the poop with toilet paper to and fro. Why is a simple shower or bidet not a standard feature in the developed western world? I thought we are so hygienic and sterile but when it comes to personal hygiene between the legs we are far behind. Now I understand why Americans like to say "lets talk dirty" when they mean "lets talk sex"

P.S Please no offence just food for thought

Interesting Alv.
    My only concern if Europe and the U.S. started installing bidets in loo of toilet paper would be environmental impact of all that extra water usage.
  • Woodsman
    I guess it would be a tradeoff. More water used, fewer trees cut down.
    When we lived in Iran, the standard toilets there were the standard Asian squat variety, there was always a long-spouted water pitcher in the room. The first question the expats asked you when you arrived was "did you bring plenty of toilet paper?"
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello helixbill, :)

This is something that other users here have brought up in before in this previous thread. This may give other users more applicable information to digest.
    http://www.aneros.com/forum/enema-toilet-seat-t4147.html

Thank you though for bringing it up again though, and providing personal experience with that brand and model. It sounds like this was much less expensive than the Lotus brand mentioned in the link above.

I really like the idea of these seats. I suspect it is less expensive and less damaging to the environment to treat a little more water for bidets to be used than to make toilet paper. Which the majority is made out of virgin wood, which is a bad idea considering it is essentially used and thrown away. A very typical American ideal which I find wasteful and un-necessary. Hopefully someday I can save enough to purchase something like this. I like having a clean ass after having a bowel movement. And at home I sometimes end up jumping in the shower again to clean it which is much more wasteful in water usage.

Love_is
  • There are some positive articles on treehugger.com regarding the environmental benefits of bidets.
    http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/04/bidets_eliminat.php
    I want one now! :idea:

Bishop
  • This is interesting. The cheaper models appear to be highly rated. The Bio Bidet BB-50 is available on Amazon for $70. Has anyone tried one of these? It appears that these cheaper models provide the basic function w/o the kiss to the ass afterwards. Tap water is not real cold in my area, so that heated water would not be required. Installation is quite simple without hot water or electrical hookup.