Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

pleasure waves & need to urinate
  • Hi folks, looking for some help here!

I started using the aneros in an attempt to possible eliminate a feeling in prostate penis area that I needed to urinate. Im a healthy 44 yr old male, two urologist checked out my prostate and said it was normal. I tired to sulfa drugs that didnt help. I thought the aneros might milk the prostate of any excessive fluid. I've taken oxybutinin to slow the spasm of the bladder so it does contract and make me feel like I have to go. Anyone else with this problem?? It effects my job and life in general. The pills may have helped me 25% but thats not enough. Any advice, anyone who been through this? I use the Aneros lighty without strong contractions. Anyone been through this. I started smoking about 3 years ago when this got worse, my regular doctor said to stop and I did 3 months ago. Urologist didnt seen interested in tabacco use. Thanks for reading and advising. Should I continue to use the aneros one a week or less frequent?
  • DeepDeep
    Sorry to hear you're having this problem, I have similar symptoms to you. I'm assuming your doctors have ruled out infection by way of urine and blood tests? Do you have pain anywhere else? You may have a trigger point in a muscle causing these symptoms. A trigger point is a sore point in a muscle that has become contracted and can feel like a pea. It hurts to touch and can refer pain to other areas. TPs can be massaged and stretched out over time. In my experience medication hasn't helped at all, there's no drug that can, it's better to go to the source and treat it. There are some books out that can help you treat yourself if you have trigger points. I've mentioned them before; 'The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook' is really helpful for self-treatment , 'A headache in the pelvis' is another and goes well with the Workbook. 'Heal Pelvic Pain' is good too.

Hope this helps.
  • Deep,
    Thanks for the response, I have read the headache in prostate book.

I was thinking of trying some acupunture?? Ever given that a try?

Otherwise, the next step the urologist may wanna look inside, that means a cathader, trying to avoid this.

The only place where i can feel pain in my body is on the middle btm of my left foot if i was to press it or put it against a water jet in a hot tub.

Thanks again for your input. :lol:
  • DeepDeep
    Do you mean you've read A headache in the pelvis? What do you think about it? Have you tried following the protocol? You have to do both parts of it.

I've tried acupuncture, I don't think it does anything.

I had a cystoscopy done to have a look inside, my bladder was inflamed but the doctor didn't really have any idea, just gave me some meds and sent me on my.