Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Alternate Style Of MGX? Or Older Model?

:?: :?:

I saw a photo of this MGX and noticed that the head is indeed different than the current model shown on the Aneros website. It seems that there are 2 nubs on it. Is this a different or older model?

Anyone know?
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello O Face Guy, :)

The parent company of Aneros is High Island Health.
    http://www.highisland.com

This is the prostate health side of the company. Versus the pleasure focused side being Aneros.

That model is one that is sold only through High Island Health's web site. It is called the "PS New".

Love_is
  • Thanks Love_is

It looks pretty interesting to me. I imagine that the small nubs would add to the experience. I found it selling for pretty cheap on eBay (brand new in the package) so I may give it a try.

Has anyone else ever used this particular model?
  • MartyB
    That is the Aneros Classic. From past forum posts, I gather that is the original aneros model that later became the MGX after a few changes. You can still buy that model from aneros here: http://www.aneros.com/detail.php?id=6

Search the forum for "aneros classic" for more information.
  • Love_isLove_is
    You've got a keen eye there MartyB! :D

I didn't realize High Island sold that one on the Aneros side. I never look at the combination packs, so I never noticed that one. Thanks for the correction!

Love_is
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Yes indeed this is the MGX Classic, one of my personal favorites. A couple of things to be aware of though. First, the older style "hockey stick" P-tab contacts your perineum higher (closer to the scrotum) than the newer models do. So it is possible to overshoot one's Sweet Spot altogether as the product comes from the factory. In fact, I had to modify mine to make the tab engage me closer to my anus. (Check under modification in my Keys to the Backdoor thread for more info, but be advised that this was not easily done). Secondly, as one user noted, this model has nodules...raised areas on the tip. Personally, I found these to be the Classic's most intriguing feature and I know that there were many others that liked them as well. But some users found them to be irritating. Some even reported drawing blood from using the device, but this was due to misuse, i.e. driving the Classic vigorously by hand. At one time the Classic was the flagship in the Aneros line but newer, improved models supplanted it long ago. Again, it is not for everybody, but with right user, particularly someone who is highly sensitive at the midpoint between the scrotum and anus it can be quite effective.

If you are interested in buying the Classic and have no need for the other items in the Volcano pack, it may be purchased by itself on the HighIsland.com site, see PS-New.

BF Mayfield
  • Could anyone please measure the dimensions of the Classic and post them? They are not specified on the Aneros website.

I am interested in this product, but have had difficulties with the longer models. The SGX and Helix lengths are a good fit, but the Eupho is a bit long.

Thanks in advance.
  • rookrook
    Serenity said:

Could anyone please measure the dimensions of the Classic and post them? They are not specified on the Aneros website.

I am interested in this product, but have had difficulties with the longer models. The SGX and Helix lengths are a good fit, but the Eupho is a bit long.

Thanks in advance.

Here's some verbiage with numbers: -- http://www.highisland.com/pm_faq.php -- hth
  • cet
    [quote=O Face Guy]Thanks Love_is

It looks pretty interesting to me. I imagine that the small nubs would add to the experience. I found it selling for pretty cheap on eBay (brand new in the package) so I may give it a try.

Has anyone else ever used this particular model?

I was interested in this model too, however, only one of the folks '5starhealth' that had the image pictured in their auction answered my eBay question about the item being the old Classic vs. the redesigned MGX.

At first the reply I was given was that it was indeed the model that what pictured, however, after purchase, my PayPal account was refunded by the Seller with a message indicating that upon further examination, the units they carried were indeed NOT the CLASSIC model, but the new MGX with NO bumps at the end.

They said they would update the stock image they were using to prevent further confusion ... all the others using the same image would simply not respond to the same eBay question about the item, as well as general Ask Seller a Question attempts.

Please let me know if you're able to get one on the cheap, as I really can't afford a Volcano pack, and with shipping and insurance the eBay deal I was looking at was $33 and some change.

Best of Luck!

Cet.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Cet,

Once again, if you're interested in purchasing the Classic by itself it's for sale at wwwhighislandhealth.com (the manufacturer of the Aneros) for $48. This model is known as the PS New over there. I strongly recommend that you purchase these products from the manufacturer directly.

http://www.highisland.com/detail.php?categoryid=1&productid=2

BF Mayfield
  • Rook,

Thanks for the link on the dimensions. I had somehow missed that.

Now for HIH to run another sale!