Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

So Many Lubes!?
  • First and foremost, thank you so much Aneros for offering a syringe to assist in lubing up. There are so many different brands of lubes available. Which ones do you all (forum members and guests) believe works the best? There are Gels, Jellies, and Liquid. I usually just use jelly but I was curious to see if anything else worked better. There are different types of lubes such as dieselizing ( I’m thinking that not a wise choice unless some tells me other wise) and warming lubes, do those enhance any of the effects of do they take away from the "all manual/natural pleasure"? Are there any others that I didn't mention? Thanks a lot! P.S. I just ordered the Helix, I'll be upgraded from my MGX.
  • Edit
    I have tried many lubes and always come back to K-Y. I do think using too much is NOT needed. In fact it will make you need to take a dump in the middle of your time with the aneros which always spoils the session. I use two medium size drops on my finger and lube my anus. I then cover the aneros about 3/4 from the top down with the lube. It always slides in so nice. Good luck with the Helix. I just upgraded to it from the MGX and have found I like the MGX better. I just get better feelings from the MGX for some reason. I seem to get better penetration.

Mark
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Sunburntfeet,

It seems volumes have been written about the amounts, types and methods of application of lubes. You'll get a lot of opinions on this too. My suggestion is to decide on one and....forgetta about it!. My personal preference is good 'ol KY jelly. The thinner versions are best for prelubricating.

All the water based lubes are glycerin based (and I do strongly recommend staying with the water based lubes). So no matter what you choose you'll simply be getting a different formulation and a different PACKAGING of the same product. In essence you only have to decide whether you prefer it THICK or thin.

In so far as the warming lubes go, these preparations are made for the vagina NOT the anus or rectum and may cause irritation when used in this way. My suggestion is to stay away from them. Ironically the warming effect of such products, can have a desensitizing or numbing effect after several minutes, which is not what you want.

Again, I'd pass of that stuff...it just might have you feeling SUNBURNT... where the sun don't shine! ;)

Hope this helps,

BF Mayfield

P.S. For more info./opinions, use the forum sub-filter and select....lubricants. If that's not enough check out BEE LINE (link in the left column) and go half way down and see a thread entitled LUBRICATION. In this thread I'd written a lengthy response about lubrication. There is also a user who makes a strong argument for silicone based products. And with that.....the ball's in your court ...
  • BusterBuster
    Dear SBF,

What I use is a generic knock-off of K-Y Jelly. It was cheaper and works out just fine for me.

Buster
  • Thanks for all the input. That was REALLY fast. I believe I will stick with what everyone is pointing to… a simple tube of K-Y from the drug store. Thanks for the tips, I have been reading most of the forum for a while and finally got around to registering so I could post.
  • Maximus

I devote a paragraph to lubes in my review of four aneros models that you can find in the Sticky Next Generation Aneros Reviewed threads.

K-Y is not the best water soluble lube you can use for this purpose. First, it is formulated to dry quickly and secondly it becomes sticky as it does so.

B. Mayfield is incorrect this time. All water soluble lubes are not glycerine based. For example, the Adam & Eve Gel that I prefer is glycerine free. It takes much longer to dry out than K-Y and does not become sticky doing so. ID Glide is a good lube, too, but more expensive.

A couple of years back one of the online 'zines did a comparison of various sex lubes. It may have been Salon or Nerve, I don't recall, but it's worthing checking out if you can find it.

--Max
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    (this post was edited 2005-06-02 22:46:14)

Like I said this forum is at no loss for opinions on this topic.

If you really want to get deep into it, check out this reference for the LOWDOWN ON LUBES:

http://nawtythings.com/lubs.html

It gives a breakdown for some of the most popular Water, Silicone and Oil based lubes that are currently available.

As far as the Adam and Eve line of products, the manufacturer's web address is: www.topcosales.com

From what I can see the only water based lubricant that they make (that isn't flavored) is their Signature Lube, the ingredients of which can be found below.

Adam & Eve Signature Lube

THE ORDINARY LUBE FOR EXTRAORDINARY PLEASURE!
    A lubricant that stands the test of time! This slick, non-greasy formula offers superior lubricity and is fragrance-free. Water based signature lube is non-toxic and won't harm fabrics, plastic or rubber.
    Directions: Apply desired amount to genitals or sex toy before intercourse or masturbation.
    Comes in a 4 fl. oz. tube
    Ingredients: Deionized Water, Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, (Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben as a preservative).

P.S. Perhaps I should have said the most water based lubricants contain glycerine. There are indeed a few natural organic type lubricants that are formulated with aloe vera and guar gum and such. If anybody has any experience with these, please let us know.
  • Edit
    Here's a fun trivia fact:

Propylene Glycol is the primary ingredient in "pet-safe" anti-freeze, such as Sierra (as opposed to ethylene glycol).
  • Maximus
    (this post was edited 2005-06-03 18:42:53)

Originally Posted By: B Mayfield
    (this post was edited 2005-06-02 22:46:14)

Like I said this forum is at no loss for opinions on this topic.

If you really want to get deep into it, check out this reference for the LOWDOWN ON LUBES:

As far as the Adam and Eve line of products, the manufacturer's web address is: www.topcosales.com

From what I can see the only water based lubricant that they make (that isn't flavored) is their Signature Lube, the ingredients of which can be found below.

Adam & Eve Signature Lube

THE ORDINARY LUBE FOR EXTRAORDINARY PLEASURE!
    A lubricant that stands the test of time! This slick, non-greasy formula offers superior lubricity and is fragrance-free. Water based signature lube is non-toxic and won't harm fabrics, plastic or rubber.
    Directions: Apply desired amount to genitals or sex toy before intercourse or masturbation.
    Comes in a 4 fl. oz. tube
    Ingredients: Deionized Water, Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, (Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben as a preservative).

P.S. Perhaps I should have said the most water based lubricants contain glycerine. There are indeed a few natural organic type lubricants that are formulated with aloe vera and guar gum and such. If anybody has any experience with these, please let us know.

That's a different Adam & Eve. I neglected to include the web address in my post in this thread, but I did mention it the aneros review thread.

For the record then:

The name of product I use is Adam & Eve Personal Lubricant Gel
    It's available from adameve.com and is their house brand.

The bottle bears this text:

FDA registered, glycerine free, water dispersible and latex compatible, our private lube dries clean. It is odorless, tasteless, non-staining and leaves no sticky mess, allowing you to enjoy a natural erotic sexual experience....
    INGREDIENTS:
    Deionized (purified) water, Polyethylene, Methylparaben, Sodium Carbomer"

It's manufactured for Adameve.com by Wallace-O'Farrell, Inc.

Wallace-O'Farrell distributes the same product under its label as Slippery Stuff

http://www.wallace-ofarrell.com

---Max
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Max,

Thanks for the clarification. I'll have to check this out. I'm curious about their use of polyethylene which is a plastic. How long have you been using this, and have you noted any irritation from it?

In checking around I've also found another glycerine free water based product called Sliquid H20. Interestingly, it states that it's formulated to last longer than most Hollywood marriages :)

Ingredients:

Purified H2O, Sorbitol, Cellulose, Polyquart 007, Methyl and Propyl Paraben

No question, there are a handful of water based glycerine free preparations that are out there. Perhaps this signals a trend, or possibly it's a response to some individuals sensitivity to glycerine. If the performance is truly superior to the glycerine based products (as you've stated), one would have to believe that many more of these products will soon become available. We'll see. As it stands however the overwhelming majority of water based lubes contain glycerine. I'll be on the lookout for these other products though. In the meantime, I'm staying with the KY. Again, for me, it does the job and it's certainly readily available.

BF Mayfield

P.S. The glycerine-free organic lube that I alluded to in my previous post is called SENSUA the ingredients of which are listed as: containing only organic aloe vera, de-ionized water, organic grapefruit seed extract, vitamin E and wildcrafted guar gum.
  • Edit
    i'm thinking of trying astro-glide next cuz for sum reason KY-Liquid doesn't seem to work for me very well....
  • Edit
    can KY-Jelly be injected into the anus or does it have to be a water-based liquid only?
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    KY jelly is a water based lubricant. You may have an easier time prelubricating (injecting) with the thinner form of KY....KY liquid .

BF Mayfield
  • Edit
    i am currently using ky-liquid(for injection) was just wondering if the jelly could be injected as well even tho it may be a lil more difficult
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    It certainly can, but because it is so viscous, it will require some patience to get it into a dropper or syringe.

BF Mayfield
  • Edit
    i came across this site http://www.sliquid.com/ and also found it at spencers gifts.. it's glycerine-free.. so check it out