Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Using the HELIX properly........important
  • I think I can thank Rummel for posting a reply to someones question and providing the proper method for inserting the Helix. I HAVE BEEN INSERTING IT TOO FAR IN. :( I tryed Rummels recomendation and the feeling was AWESOME. :lol: Thanks, Im sure I am not the only one using it wrong! Does this same information apply to any of the other models?????

This made a BIG difference! THANKS! :D
  • would you be kind enough to provide the link to rummel's advice to proper insertion of the helix? i'd be very grateful.
  • so would i. thanks
  • I've been hitting sort of a glass ceiling with my Helix. It feels like it's been really hard to get a light touch from it, as if it sits to forceful against the prostate. It's starting to make me think I should get myself an MGX. I found this post when searching around for a different post I remember seeing, sort of a Helix vs. MGX topic.

I'd like to know what Rummel's Helix recommendation was. If anyone else has other advice, I'll kindly take that as well.
  • rookrook
    [quote=O Face Guy]I've been hitting sort of a glass ceiling with my Helix. It feels like it's been really hard to get a light touch from it, as if it sits to forceful against the prostate. It's starting to make me think I should get myself an MGX. I found this post when searching around for a different post I remember seeing, sort of a Helix vs. MGX topic.

I'd like to know what Rummel's Helix recommendation was. If anyone else has other advice, I'll kindly take that as well.

Here's a procedure that works for me with either the MGX or Helix This isn't a matter of just getting it in there. It's a matter of it "floating" once positioned. Here's my test for either the Helix or MGX....

Insert only to the mid-ridge, letting the tool be drawn inward with little to no external force. Gentle guiding. No shoving! Gain p-tab contact by using a couple of easy anal contractions and not by manually positioning it. Relax. Check the p-tab position. If that's OK, leave the handle alone. If p-tab isn't right, pull the tool outward to at least the mid-ridge and allow it to suck back in, only guiding to change direction. Allow your bod to "mate" with the tool.

Then, relax completely with NO contraction. Inhale a small/shallow belly breath (rather than a chest breath.) That little breath should move the tool without any muscule moves or repositioning by you. If not, you need to reconsider prep, lube and/or relaxation. When you have it working this way, it meets the criteria of "floating" as expressed in the Wiki.

I found that the whole 'fit' of these tools evolved slowly over the last 4 months as I gained PC muscle tone and bulk. It took time and is probably still changing! Wasn't a 'sudden' process for me.
  • Thanks Rook, I'll have to give this a try when I have some spare time. I find sometimes that the Helix seems to come out too far. I think this may just have to do with the level of relaxation.

At one point in the past I was doing a ton of PC exercises, and I think it kind of affects that muscle's ability to relax. Sometimes it squeezes the prostate too much, or twitches at a slight touch of the glans when I'd rather it just stayed relaxed. I haven't done any in the past few months and noticed an improvement however.