Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

MGX or Helix for a newbie?
  • Unknown
    I think i'm about to purchase an aneros soon, and was going to get the MGX, but though it might be better to go stragight for the Helix.

The description for the Helix says it requires less patience and was destinded to become the new standard, but everyone else usually goes for the MGX first.
    I was just wondering what anyone here thinks is the best first purchase.
    Thanks
  • BusterBuster
    Dear Unknown,

My guess is that neither of them will give you much right out of the box. I know that it has happened, but I believe that the majority of people require some work to get there. I was in the same position as you. I bought the MGX and while it was enroute, I read all of these glowing reviews of the Helix. I was bummed! Since then, I decided that starting with the MGX was fine for me and if I wanted something more later, I would graduate to something else. At this point, I think I might skip the Helix and go right to the Maximus when I am ready to. It has been 4 months for me and I have yet to hit one out of the park, so to speak.

So, I would think that you would get about 10 different responses about which one to start with. I highly recommend that you get something sooner as opposed to later. The sooner you get started, the sooner you can experience what the others have told us about.

To The Journey,

Buster
  • Tom L

Originally Posted By: Unknown
    I think i'm about to purchase an aneros soon, and was going to get the MGX, but though it might be better to go stragight for the Helix.

The description for the Helix says it requires less patience and was destinded to become the new standard, but everyone else usually goes for the MGX first.
    I was just wondering what anyone here thinks is the best first purchase.
    Thanks

Hi Unknown,
    I must agree with Buster. You will get so many different recommendations it will become confusing. I myself started with the MGX and have since moved to the Helix, which I prefer. The Helix took me where the MGX could not, but could it have if I had not started with the experience of the MGX. Who knows? Whatever your choice be do yourself a favor and do not put too many expectations on getting results right out of the box. I feel that even though some have had these results, I think that generally they are unrealistic and unacheivable for most men. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to learn about you and how you tick. Everyone is different and not all things work for all people, but I can assure you that the Aneros works......with time. Good luck with whatever your choice be, and remember to have fun with no expectations. To the Journey...Tom
  • Edit
    I'm a newbie and from what everyone is raving about the helix, I went right for the throat and purchased the helix. I need to distract myself because the anticipation is killing me.
  • Unknown
    I've just ordered the MGX. Mainly because it's cheaper and I can get it from a UK store, so the shipping charges aren't as bad.

Although I do think I will get the Helix at some point.