Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

First timer!
  • Kamp
    Hey guys!
    just orderd my first Aneros, got the helix cant wait to try it out, should be here tommorrow, ive been checking this out for a few months now and finally decided to take the plunge. Cant wait to see what kind of trouble i can get myself into!
  • I recommend starting out with the MGX but that's just me. Hopefully the Helix will bring you success.
  • Al25
    good luck :D!
  • I started with the helix too its a great model. Have fun and dont try too hard!
  • Kamp
    well got my helix in the mail today and so far so good! This things is sweet, no big "O" but sill felt great. I'll keep at it and let you guys know.
  • Been using my new Helix for about a week. It works great. It get me over the top very quickly. I can repeat super Os over and over again. It is a great model. Enjoy.
  • I concur with those who say that the Helix is a great beginner model. I've only had mine for 5 days. It took me a few days to get into the "groove" but it seems to be working. I'm taking a break tonight but will use it again tomorrow. I think you made a good choice, based on my experience.
  • The discussion on which aneros product is best is an individual preference. More important to me is understanding the instructions for obtaining results. For example, the aneros instructions and several entries on various blogs all talk about contractions. Some say contract the sphincter muscles, while other places refer to anal contractions. I am sure I am not alone in saying this is something I do not understand.

Exactly what is the procedure for contracting the muscles necessary to produce results as described? How is a contraction of these muscles achieved? No one addresses this issue, and there is more then 1 was to move these muscles. Is it like you have to go but aren't near a bathroom so you suck in, so to speak, to avoid soiling your underwear? Or is it similar to the exercise physical therapists use for back patients described as flattening the pelvis? Could it be the contraction used to have a BM? I don't know and can not find it described anywhere. It would be a waste of money to purchase any of the aneros devices if you don't know how to use it and can not achieve the results expected.

Looking forward to a reply form someone who knows the correct answer. If you only think you know don't bother replying.
  • [quote=Dragon rider]The discussion on which aneros product is best is an individual preference. More important to me is understanding the instructions for obtaining results. For example, the aneros instructions and several entries on various blogs all talk about contractions. Some say contract the sphincter muscles, while other places refer to anal contractions. I am sure I am not alone in saying this is something I do not understand.

Exactly what is the procedure for contracting the muscles necessary to produce results as described? How is a contraction of these muscles achieved? No one addresses this issue, and there is more then 1 was to move these muscles. Is it like you have to go but aren't near a bathroom so you suck in, so to speak, to avoid soiling your underwear? Or is it similar to the exercise physical therapists use for back patients described as flattening the pelvis? Could it be the contraction used to have a BM? I don't know and can not find it described anywhere. It would be a waste of money to purchase any of the aneros devices if you don't know how to use it and can not achieve the results expected.

Looking forward to a reply form someone who knows the correct answer. If you only think you know don't bother replying.

Actually the anal and rectal contractions are talked about all over these forums and on the wiki, which is another great resource.

The anus pretty much *is* the sphincter muscle. If you're squeezing the anus shut, you're contracting the anal sphincter. As you said, as you would do when trying to keep something in (or out, as the case may be). :wink:

Rectal contractions are a different matter. To contract the rectal muscles you push out as you would when having a bowel movement. Both types of contractions are used with the Aneros devices. But mainly the anal.

And that's not a "think" I know. :wink: Actually, I thought most people knew what an anal contraction was.
  • rumelrumel
    (Note : Underlined Text is a Hyper-Link)
    Hi Dragon rider,

Welcome to the Forum.

Newbie Aneros users can be confused by some of the terms and seemingly contradictory advice seen on the pages of this Forum. It can seem overwhelming and a daunting challenge to absorb all this information but if you are patient and willing to have an adventurous spirit, through experimentation you will find a methodology that is successful for you.

In regard to the various muscle groups which may be employed during Aneros use, I invite you to read about the Pelvic Floor muscles in the WIKI for some clarifying information.

I would like to point out the “instructions” you may read about should only be considered guidelines for beginning the learning process. There are as many variations in technique as there are men using these devices. The “instructions” are a composite of techniques that have generally proven to be effective for a great many men but due to individual variations may not prove effective for all men. Please do not restrict yourself to following only those “instructions”, your creative combinations of techniques is what will ultimately prove successful for you.
  • After thinking of how to respond I could only come up with the following.

Wow xhepera, I must just be stupit, duh. Either that or you're a fucking genius!

Rumel, Thank you very much for your reply and encouragement. You are quite correct in stating the risk of becoming confused by all the postings of various techniques. I did not look at the wiki because I didn't know what it was. Wonderful advice and thanks for your words of welcome.
  • [quote=Dragon rider]Wow xhepera, I must just be stupit, duh. Either that or you're a fucking genius!

Take your pick. :roll:
  • He's a genious!! ^^^ :lol: :twisted: 8)