Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Yoga prostate massage (alternate to prostate cradle)
  • alvalv
    This prostate massage was taught to me by an old Yogi in India who claimed this exercise to be essential for good prostate health, sexual well being and releasing blocked energies in the groin. Have not found it documented in any Yoga book.

Squat down with your right foot underneath your groin, the heel pressing into your perineum, sole of foot right angles to the floor, toes taking the weight. Now stretch your left foot straight out, heels on the floor, toes pointing to the sky, the left foot completely rests and cannot be used for balance. Balance by placing fingers, palms up, on the floor either side of you and try keep your back as upright as possible. Most of your weight is now supported by your foot onto your perineum.

Now rock forward backwards, do circular movements, and end of by bobbing up and down on your perineum (20, 30, 50 times depending on your fitness). Do this exercise both with relaxed pelvic muscles and with clenched PC with anus drawn in as high as you can.

Repeat with opposite foot.

Afterwards do a shoulder stand, this releases all pressures caused by your internal organs on the prostate and do deep breathing. While breathing you should be able to observe the area next to your pubic bone expand with each breath intake and you should have a feeling of the groin being pushed open by each breath intake.
  • bbn
    This is an interesting idea - must try it out as part of my morning routine.
  • Anon17564
    What exactly is a shoulder stand?
  • alvalv
    Anon17564 said:

What exactly is a shoulder stand?

• B MayfieldB Mayfield
    Great post Alv!

Good illustrations too. I have long legs...don't know if I'm limber enough to perform this...but I'm certainly going to try.

BF Mayfield