Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Interesting Typo In The Aneros Wiki
  • O Face Guy
    I just stumbled upon a rather interesting typo (I hope that it is) in the Aneros Wiki in the Lube section.

"2.) Many types of natural oils have been used for lubrication, products like : Almond, Coconut, Grape seed, Olive, Rape, Sesame, Sunflower, vegetable & wheat oils, shea butter and 'Natural Jelly' have also been used as lubricants. "

I've never heard of Rape Lube before but I assume it can't make the job any easier.

I figure whoever typed it meant to say "Grape" but there already is grape seed listed.

:lol:
  • johntrevy
    Maybe its an oil for those of us who like a bit of extreme domination. Only, its not really happening.
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello O Face Guy, :)

While mistakes do happen, I don't believe this is one of them. Reference the following wikipedia link for an explanation of rapeseed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapeseed

Love_is
  • rumelrumel
    (Note : Underlined Text is a Hyper-Link)
    O Face Guy,

It is not really a typographical error, 'Rape' is a variant shortened name for 'Rapeseed' (Brassica napus), this is a commercially marketable product with some common beneficial uses, the extracted essentials oils being one of them. I will update the Wiki to alter the word and remove any confusion.
  • newbie2009newbie2009
    rumel said:

(Note : Underlined Text is a Hyper-Link)
    O Face Guy,

It is not really a typographical error, 'Rape' is a variant shortened name for 'Rapeseed' (Brassica napus), this is a commercially marketable product with some common beneficial uses, the extracted essentials oils being one of them. I will update the Wiki to alter the word and remove any confusion.

More popularly known as CANOLA OIL. An acronym for Canadian Oil Low Acid.
    Read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canola
  • O Face Guy
    That's quite interesting, first time I've ever heard of that.

Thanks guys, way to go spoil my fun :lol:
  • newbie2009newbie2009
    Hmmm, sorry. We didn't know about the SM ... maybe a bit of sand in the Canola Oil will restore the fun :evil: :twisted:

Go gently & take care.
  • artformartform
    Hi All! :lol:

Thanks NuBe09! :D

We Canucks are very pround of our Canola Oil, one of the highest quality Rapeseed oils in the world and would encourage all around the planet to adopt Canola as the common name, for exactly the reasons above! :D

Even around here the fields are full of the bright yellow blooming Canola. :idea: :idea: :idea:

It enough to boost your chi! :idea: :lol:

all the best healthiest oiling all

artform
  • Badger
    MMmmm... canola oil is good for popping corn, potato chips, and frying other food as well. Now it works with Aneros? Well, at least it can be stored in plain sight.
  • The_BishopThe_Bishop

“For decades, the only welcome sign proclaimed Tisdale “the Land of Rape and Honey.” Residents are still quick to explain their primary exports are canola, a derivative of rapeseed, and honey – in addition to humour.”