Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Need Lube Recommendations !!
  • momeister
    I've been an Aneros user for about a year now. I've had very limited success and after numerous posts and participation in the chat events, i really do believe that lube is the problem.

I used ID Glide right from the beginning and only recently did i realize, after i started participating in the Aneros community, that the ID Glide lube was like a brick wall between me and progress. As we know, everyone is different. I'm sure it works perfectly for many people, but certainly not for me.

Before every session, i used to prelube my anus and rectum as well as possibly. I would pour ridiculous amounts of ID Glide on the Progasm but every session was the same: the Aneros would dry in no more than 8-10 minutes. In a 30 minute session, i would have to re-lube the aneros like 3-4 times. I learned taking the Aneros out so much is a session killer and interrupts the progress in a session.

ArcticWolves suggested i go with a silicone based lube. I bought ID Millennium. I posted a couple days ago about my progress. I've had 2 sessions using ID Millennium and in both sessions i made progress that i hadn't made in a year of Aneros use with ID Glide.

However, after 15-20 minutes, the Aneros goes dry!! even with ID Millennium and now i'm thinking the same thing. The dryness problem is probably preventing me from making even more progress!

I think this is the main problem, lube. I need a long lasting lube that wont dry out on me and will last long enough in a session for me to reach the Super-O. I think its obvious that water-based lubes are completely out of the question.

Please give me suggestions on what lube i should use. I'd really appreciate some help on this. I have a feeling i'll unlock the big prize if i get this lube problem fixed !
  • Billy11
    Shea Butter
  • South7856
    I have the exact same problem...i have tryed a few different lubes but....i used to use KY jelly but i found that in a short time it got thick and sticky and i would have to relube mid session which is a real show stopper... after a few what seemed to be experiments i have one that seems to work pretty well for me....first get the syring they sell...now i use alot so maybe you 'll think this is to much..

I actually use 2 different lubes first is the ID glide milenium and the second is The department store brand of (TARGET) KY jelly it is a bit more watered down than the KY which is wat i like....

first put some ID glide on your fingers and put some right on the old hole..LOL
    I fill the syringe all the way up with one dose of ID glide and inject it.
    then i fill it up 2 more times with the store brand KY
    then put a little ID on the aneros...
    then get a little of the store brand KY and put it on the aneros...
    you will notice that it almost slips right off because of the ID glide...

now insert the aneros....

I found that the water proofing properties of the ID milenium combined with the water based lube make it really skippery...you'll see what i mean if you try it...

have fun
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello momeister, :)

I'll second the recommendation for shea butter. But everyone has their own preference the type of lube that works for them. Just do a forum search for "lube", or "shea butter", and you should have a fair amount of information to read. For myself switching to shea butter from astroglide helped me to progress further in my Aneros journey.

Love_is
  • South7856
    After reading this post i went out to the local Whole foods and bought a little container of 100% pure shea butter...to try out...now i don't know if there is a special kind you have to use but the stuff i got was terrible...first of all it felt grity at first but did kinda oil up if you know what i mean...but i did not get the moblity i get with the water based lubes....does this sound like the right stuff???it came in a small container and was 20 freaking dollars...but hey at least i got some good stuff to put on my
    face....LOL
  • J4J4
    South,

Was the Shea Butter refined or unrefined? Sounds like you got a hold of some refined. The refined stuff is white. The unrefined stuff is creamy and yellowish - sometimes best refrigerated before use.

When I got the refined stuff from whole foods, even though I had opened it and used a touch, I took it back and they gave me a full refund - I told them (the truth) that the lady had said it was unrefined. It was worth it for my $bucks.

Try the Amazon.com for AAA Shea Butter, it's what I use now

J4
  • newbie2009newbie2009
    South7856 said:

said (snipped)

I actually use 2 different lubes first is the ID glide milenium and the second is The department store brand of (TARGET) KY jelly it is a bit more watered down than the KY which is wat i like....

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Ask anyone over 65 about lubes -- we're always on the search for something better as we don't produce either quality or quantity of the god-given stuff!

A combo of two lubes has been a part of my married act for over a decade. When we plan we put our choices in the plan. Usually Astroglide in her and occasional additions of K-Y on me. But Silicone goes with K-Y also. I've no experience with ID glide (small jug is on order).

Two notes:
    -- I tend to ignore the fear of Silicone that was generated during the breast cancer scare of the '90s. -- I'm going to avoid any of the 'warming' lubes with the Aneros until I've found the "path."

nb09

• thecompythecompy
    I use a kind called Oh My! or something like that... I think it works quite well.
  • The_BishopThe_Bishop
    There has been lots of good feedback about Probe 'thick and rich". http://www.davryan.com. Only three ingredients too. I have not tried it.
    I'm mixing up a batch of Rumel's "Natural Jelly" this weekend myself. 8)
  • South7856
    Hey J4.....it sounds like i did get the wrong stuff it was white like you said....tommoro i will try to find the unrefined..or i will just order from amazon like you suggested....
  • Friendas
    Hi, I have problems with ID Glide too, it's no good at all :( Have anyone tried doc Johnson's anal lube natural? Is it woth to try it or not and why?
  • Love_isLove_is
    Hello South7856, :)

According to different shea butter web sites, shea butter can become gritty and crumbly for a few different reasons. But that is not it's intended consistency. All you have to do to correct this and bring it back to it's proper state of smooth and anywhere from slightly creamy to hard at room temperature, is gently heat it up till it liquefies, stir it thoroughly, and then allow it a day to cool and solidify again. Then your shea butter will have a much better consistency. Which makes it much easier and less messy to apply to yourself and the Aneros. If it becomes too hard to remove with a finger, just use a spoon to scoop out a small chunk that you break into a few pieces for insertion and application on your Aneros. It's actually easier to insert in your anus this way.

My experience with the two brands of shea butter I have tried, is that the dark yellow in color variety of unrefined shea butter doesn't work all that well. It's viscosity is too thin when melted at body temperature. The brand I am using now is a pale yellow that holds a thick creamy consistency when at body temperature.
    http://www.nowfoods.com/Products/ProductsbyCategory/Category/M003283.htm?cat=Personal%20Care

But this current batch when I first used it was all crumbly and difficult to apply without making a mess of it. Which was very different from the first time I tried it. I heated it up, stirred, let it cool, and that fixed the problem.

I've found shea butter to vary in price quite a bit. Try using the term "shea butter" in an internet search engine, and you will find there are many, many companies selling it online for all sorts of prices.

Love_is
  • Badger
    Probe Thick Rich is very slippery, but slimy and stringy, like precum. It is thick and works very well.

Another one to consider is Slippery Stuff Gel, which is super thick, and holds up very well. It's so thick, that it is almost a solid. It it FDA tested and approved for medical use, so it should be quite safe.

I personally spread a thin coat of petroleum jelly on the Aneros as well as injecting 2 syringes of Slipper Stuff Gel into the rectum, and it never seems to dry out, even overnight.
  • gm501

There has been lots of good feedback about Probe 'thick and rich". http://www.davryan.com. Only three ingredients too. I have not tried it.

Have you ever ordered from this web site? Any problems? I can't find the stuff around here - have tried Walmart, Target, and Walgreens
  • The_BishopThe_Bishop
    It's not at my walgreens either. The stuff has been around since the early '81, i don't think it is a fly by night operation.

gm501 said:

Have you ever ordered from this web site? Any problems? I can't find the stuff around here - have tried Walmart, Target, and Walgreens
  • I bought a bottle just a couple of weeks ago from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Probe-Personal-Lubricant-Classic-Preservative/dp/B00070KYD6

I think Walgreens stopped carrying it, a search of their website came up blank.

And I gotta' agree, it's definitely messy... but works super. :D

SWW
  • momeister
    Thanks everyone for the valuable input. I'm really looking forward to trying the shea butter. i'll also buy the probe thick and rich.
  • Hi, one thing i noticed since using the Probe lube is I have had NO uncomfortable feelings with the aneros in me. Slides inside and Im always relaxed!