Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Helix Question
  • geezer
    Have had the Helix for about 3 weeks now and am experiencing a bit of dissapointment with it, the tab did not seem to press on the sweet spot unless I modified it a bit, now it seems the Helix has a very limited amount of movement unless I apply very heavy contractions which really does not induce very pleaseant sensations. My MGX maximus behaves way better but I would like the Helix to perform as indicated in other posts by different users, any clues would be much appreciated to improving the current status.
  • Edit
    Same, so far no success with the Helix. The tab does not press hard enough on the sweet spot. I was going to modify it right now.
  • Roger
    Everybody IS different. But, that being said, if you have to force the feelings, you probably won't get very far. Put the Helix in, relax, set your expectations aside, concentrate on your internal sensations as they arise, and let it do it's thing. Heavy, voluntary contractions will probably not lead anywhere. Patience, sensitivity to your own body, and passivity work for many people.
  • Edit
    Roger you're right on. I just let it do whatever it wants, just was remarking that the abutment tab wasnt making contact, so I modified it.
  • Edit
    Well, its not like I have not been using an aneros before, I re-modified the helix, took some pressure off the sweet spot but still no real movement of the helix, when I removed it and inserted the sgx which is the smallest of the units, the movement and sensations were fantastic and i came closer than ever before to the biggy, so, for me, the helix is a bit of a dud right now but I will not discard it just yet, I suspect that if the helix had the same base rings as the sgx etc it would perform much better, just my 2c
  • Edit
    For me, the helix is awesome because of the sudden narrowing of the shaft. That induces very strong and pleasurable contractions. No super-O yet, but very strong pleasure.

So last night I did modify the Helix but just a tiny bit. I bent the tab down just a tiny bit so now I *really* feel it strongly hitting my sweet spot, very good. And mobility is not seriously affected.

We'll see what's next :)
  • agentgrey
    Yeah, I'm not sure what to think of the Helix yet either. On the one hand, a few times I've been able to get strong erections from its motions (but no Super-O), which I take to be a good sign. On the other hand, I find that the abutment tab has a tendancy to "drift" off of center. The tensing of my muscles in/around the perineum causes it to move to one side or the other and I have to keep moving it back into place. Does this happen to anyone else, and how do you fix it?
  • Edit
    I'm glad to see some more input on the Helix. I've been back and forth about ordering for the past few months, and was going to buy the Helix based soley on what I had read. I guess I'm waiting longer...Too bad...I've been dieing to give one of these a run.

• Originally Posted By: geezer
    Well, its not like I have not been using an aneros before, I re-modified the helix, took some pressure off the sweet spot but still no real movement of the helix, when I removed it and inserted the sgx which is the smallest of the units, the movement and sensations were fantastic and i came closer than ever before to the biggy, so, for me, the helix is a bit of a dud right now but I will not discard it just yet, I suspect that if the helix had the same base rings as the sgx etc it would perform much better, just my 2c

Hi Geezer. I am in the same spot as you. I bought the Helix after trying the SGX. I went back to the SGX the other day after no success with the Helix and had some good sensations as well.

• Originally Posted By: agentgrey
    Yeah, I'm not sure what to think of the Helix yet either. On the one hand, a few times I've been able to get strong erections from its motions (but no Super-O), which I take to be a good sign. On the other hand, I find that the abutment tab has a tendancy to "drift" off of center. The tensing of my muscles in/around the perineum causes it to move to one side or the other and I have to keep moving it back into place. Does this happen to anyone else, and how do you fix it?

Same here. Not only does it move side to side but I also have to push the Helix in a bit to get the tab to make contact with the perineum
  • Edit
    Interesting session last nite with the helix, I think I have the tab set a little better now and noticed much nicer sensations and more of them, perhaps for some the helix is a bit more subtle in its actions and may need more of a break in period , will keep the site posted as it progresses this week as I will really need convincing as to its abilities and I am not inclined to try and force sensations by contractions ,
  • biddlema
    Hi Guys,

I too am a little unhappy with my Helix.

Based on the comments I've seen so far, it appears that the location of the perineum abutment tab on the Helix is a little off. The Helix doesn't appear to be pulled in as far as the MGX, because of its shape. When you look at them the MGX is clearly pulled in tight (as can be seen in the movie) where about 1/4" or so of the the Helix can be seen still sticking out. This could be part of the reason for the lack of pressure.

I am going to try an adjust my Helix some this weekend and very much appreciate all the comments made on this thread. I will be very careful to make all my changes in very small increments.

Also, I would like to add that the tab on the Helix appears to hit a little closer to the anus then the MGX. It appears that moving it down (for more pressure) might also move it closer to the anus, which in my case appears to be away from the perineum pressure point, making it even less effective. So I'll try to move it out as I move it down.

I do have to say that the Helix seems to start and maintain the involuntaries much easier. Unfortunately, the intensity of them is considerably less then the ones I experience with my MGX. I find, that since there are no ribs on the Helix I can enjoy it for a much longer time without any irrataion or soreness (during or afterward). Unfortunately, this lack of ribs may also be partly responsible for the problem Geezer is having and the lack of intensity in the involuntaries. It's a little bit of a double edged sword! Removing the ribs and narrowing the end allowed the Aneros to react quicker and easier to even the slightest movement of the anal muscles. Unfortunately, this also meant that it would be much easier to disrupt the movement.

I think that if we can find the right location for the tab and achieve the right amount of pressure, the Helix will be "kick ass!". The problem is finding it - providing there is one of course.

The good news is that while we try to modify and make the Helix perform better, we still have the MGX to fall back on. We are also discovering more about the Aneros and how to fine tune it's capabilities.

Keep up the good work and wish me luck!

Woody
  • BusterBuster
    Hey Woody,

What about sanding off the ribs of the MGX? May sound wierd but the material looks as though you might be able to smooth it out. It seems like those buggers are more of a problem than they are worth. Good luck.

Buster
  • Edit
    I am now convinced that the Helix problem is one of tab adjustment, had some fantastic fun with it on the weekend after a very slight adjustment upwards, however, all the great sensations were experienced laying on side, on back the results not as good as the mgx, will just have to keep experimenting but at least it now performs really well in one position.
  • Edit

Originally Posted By: FleshJoe
    For me, the helix is awesome because of the sudden narrowing of the shaft. That induces very strong and pleasurable contractions. No super-O yet, but very strong pleasure.

So last night I did modify the Helix but just a tiny bit. I bent the tab down just a tiny bit so now I *really* feel it strongly hitting my sweet spot, very good. And mobility is not seriously affected.

Fleshjoe - Is the tab easy to bend down? Did you have to heat it up? What is the thing made of?

thanks
  • Edit
    To those of you concerned about the Helix.

I found my first session with the Helix to be my best and quickest experience of steady orgasms, but then my subsequent sessions seemed not to yeild the same results. I found that my first experience,I didn't have my legs tucked or raised, so I tried straightening my legs and voila,this pushed the perineum tab right to the sweet spot on me and I experienced those wonderful waves again. Maybe this will keep you from having to modify your Helix, I hope so.

Best,

Mark
  • Edit
    I have been through the MGX and now have the smaller cousin the SGX and have played around with these things since the summer of '03. Both were modified, but only manual orgasms thus far, and everynow and then will feel some involutaries, but no SuperO. I found with my last session that lubing the inside of the anus is in fact mandatory.

Now then, yesterday I bought the Helix and am waiting for it to arrive. Has anyone taken the time to actually locate the sweet spot on the perinium? I think it was Flesh Joe that suggested you take the eraser end of a pencil and apply preasure on various spots until you really begin to feel something. Mark the spot with maybe a Sharpie or something then modify the tab to hit this spot. Anyone tried this?

C
  • Edit

Originally Posted By: FirstTimeJoe

Originally Posted By: FleshJoe

Fleshjoe - Is the tab easy to bend down? Did you have to heat it up? What is the thing made of?

thanks

Yes, you can bend it by applying heat. I do it over the gas range I have in the kitchen. Have a large pot of cold water sitting close by so that when the material gets loose you can "freeze" it where you want it by submerging in the cold water. Be extremely careful though, that plastic turns to bubble gum FAST!

C