Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

A good incense can get me in the mood.
  • johntrevy
    I absolutely love aromatherapy and i find that it can do wonders for my sessions. I particuly find that Ylang-Ylang essential oil really can get me horny and a chamomile tea can relax me.

Does anyone else use incense?

Johntrevy.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    I had posted some years ago about my use of essential oils, but it bears mentioning again. There are a variety of oils that are often touted for their aphrodisiac qualities. Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Ginger, Jasmine, Patchouly, Rose, Sandalwood, Neroli and Ylang Ylang as you had mentioned. But as one of my references on essential oils reminds us an aphrodisiac to one individual may not be to another. The most important factor is to find an oil that brings balance to the mind and body. A balanced individual is more likely to extend love.

That said there are certain oils that appear to be erotically stimulating as well (although the same cautions about the subjective nature of this would apply as well). To the list above I would have to add three of my own favorites, Myrrh (which I'm sampling as I write this...), Frankincense and Angelica. For some these might seem unlikely candidates as there are not remotely floral, yet I find them quite arousing nonetheless. The first two are distinctly woody in character and the last has a spicy almost vegetable like aroma (being in the same family with parsley). Generally I use a drop or two of one of these oils (one for the Myrrh, a little goes a long way) and gently massage it into my navel. I find that it serves two purposes, as a convenient point of absorption in close proximity to the second and third chakras and as a ready made well (for those of us with innies) that allows the aromas to waft up the body and to ones nose. Utilizing a diffuser/nebulizer is also a wonderful way to sample aromatic oils.

Although my preference is to enjoy oils without burning them (burning or oxidizing an oil chemically changes it), I do have to admit that I enjoy incense a great deal as well. Apart from the nostalgia of it (the black light poster era).... there is something about it that I find very earthy. There are several indian varieties that I like, Nag Champa being one. About ten years ago a friend turned me on to a different variety that he referred to as Rain. If you know anything about incense and oils you know that Rain is practically a generic name and refers to any number of a hundred different blends. This RAIN however, produced an aroma that was distinctly sexual however.....floral yes, and warm with spicy notes to go with it as well. Almost like a description of a woman..yes? Hmmmm.

It's all catnip to me!

B Mayfield

p.s. Caution should be used when applying Bergamot, Neroli and Cinnamon directly to the skin as they may cause irritation, particularly in the presence of sunlight.
  • johntrevy
    Thankyou for your infinate wisdom on all things Aneros (As usual). At the moment, i am experimenting with Resins burnt over a charcoal disc. I also find that Frankincense and myrrh to be very erotic aswell. They are both also known to enhance meditation and even to some point to induce visions (so ive read).
    If you find that buying resin is expensive in large quantities, you really are better off buying it wholesale. I did that and havent looked back (ive got enough resin and charcoal blocks to perhaps last me most of this year.

The reason i brought this up is because allthough sound plays a very important part on the senses (particuly the Hypnareos session), i find that smell can play an equaly important part if used properly.
    Smell is often overlooked when going for a session.

Johntrevy.
  • Old WolfOld Wolf
    I find a very faint waft of patchouli (ok so I'm an ageing hippy... 8) ) to be a turn on. Also, if you have a significant other in your life (& still fancy her/him) borrow an item of clothing for a session. Pheromones is the key so the smell of fresh sweat without unnatural deodorant/anti-perspirant masking the smell is best.
    If nothing else the smell of your own sweat may work. Does it for me...

OK I'm a sad lonely ageing hippy. I'm also 6'2" and 200 lbs, wanna make something of it? ;-)

Have fun,

Old Wolf
  • johntrevy
    "I find a very faint waft of patchouli (ok so I'm an ageing hippy... ) to be a turn on. Also, if you have a significant other in your life (& still fancy her/him) borrow an item of clothing for a session. Pheromones is the key so the smell of fresh sweat without unnatural deodorant/anti-perspirant masking the smell is best.
    If nothing else the smell of your own sweat may work. Does it for me...

OK I'm a sad lonely ageing hippy. I'm also 6'2" and 200 lbs, wanna make something of it?"

-You dont sound too bad off to me. I man all of that floating bliss. I know mrs OW dosent quite understand the unlimeted pleasur you have during your sessions, but you should never put yourself down. At least you have mrs OW, I havent even come close to meeting Miss Trevy yet.