Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

After tail mod, what if the abutment tab breaks? DANGER?
  • pnomanpnoman
    I am considering removing the tail from my helix and mgx. I am worried that the mod may affect the structural integrity of the abutment tab part. What if the abutment tab breaks from a strong contraction? Is there any danger of this happening?

I have a few E.R. doctors as friends and they have told me some horror stories of guys showing up with vibrators inserted past the point of no return. If they cannot remove it manually, they have to operate...

I don't want an embarrassing trip to the hospital to explain that I've shoved something up my bum and can't get it out.

So- is it safe? The aneros is still very strong with only the abutment handle?

Thanks for your help.
  • Pan
    I have 5 Aneros models (not counting the Peridise set) and I removed the tails from all of them. My first model is 8 years old now and as strong as the day I took it out of the box.

I can't imagine anyone having PC/sphincter muscles strong enough to break the abutment stem. As long as you're using the device as recommended by the manufacturer, I'd say it's virtually impossible to create the kind of problem you're thinking of.

On the other hand, typical vibrators combined with anal play pose a definite risk, especially when used carelessly. A long, smooth cylinder ending in a flat base, fully inserted into the rectum is a recipe for disaster (or a great story depending on who's ass it is). The edges of the base could easily prevent the anus from expelling the device and therefore require "outside assistance" for extraction.

Just keep in mind that E.R. doc's and nurses are naturally going to remember the most extreme cases of situations they deal with on a daily basis. I'm sure for every "memorable" lost vibrator story, there's a dozen times your doctor friends simply gave the patient a muscle relaxer, slapped on a latex glove, and yanked the thing out before you can say "dumbass."

:wink:
  • Old WolfOld Wolf
    Hi pnoman,

Worry not. Many here, including me, have modded their Aneros as you suggest with no reported results such as you fear. Firstly the plastic is too strong to be broken by anal muscle contractions alone. Secondly even if the anal muscles were strong enough the resulting escalating pain from P-tab pressure would preclude continuing to the point of breakage. Thirdly, Aneros/HIH are fully aware from the forum of the mods carried out on their products. I am quite sure that they would warn users if they thought that there was any danger in carrying out such mods.

FWIW I have completely removed the handle from my Helix. With my Eupho, Maximus and MGX I have removed just enough of the handle to clear the bottom sheet when I am in my preferred position - on my back with my knees up. I have left a handle stub because I like the sensation against the inside of my butt cheeks and the pressure close to my tailbone. My Progasm I have left intact, just polished. In fact, my completely 'circumcised' Helix is now my least favourite.

There is a poll concerning this subject: http://www.aneros.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2812 but it doesn't go into the safety aspect.

Mod away if that is what you want to do, just make sure that you leave no sharp edges or corners.

Have fun,

Old Wolf