Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Relaxation, Mentally and/or Physically?
  • Ashlen
    I've seen the term "Relax" thrown around a lot on this forum, but I am wondering if this applies to mentally or physically relaxing? Or both?

I would assume relaxing in the mind is paramount, but is relaxing physically a key to our locks? I ask this because I find myself tensing up whenever I feel pleasure, to the point that my limps start to shake uncontrollably. My last couple sessions I've tried to relax whenever my limbs would tense or shake, but I wonder if this is counter productive.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the subject?
  • I can only speak for myself, but i guess its a bit of both.when ive had a stressfull day, i know im not going to be in the right frame of mind and im going to tense.which automaticaly kills it all.
  • rumelrumel
    Ashlen,

It is my opinion that it is a combination of both mental and physical relaxation at the beginning of a session. The condition of relaxation, as I interpret it, is the conscious and willful release of tension in the muscles and the clearing/calming of ones mind. This combination allows you to experience the “NOW” of your Aneros session.

Relaxing the muscles of the body and shedding the days stress will prove invaluable in creating a condition conducive to pleasuring yourself. Likewise calming the mind by sweeping away the days events, shelving thoughts about tomorrows activities and quieting your own internal dialogue provides a beneficial mental state wherein you may focus your mental energy into sympathetic harmony with the feelings/sensations your body will produce.

As a session develops and your arousal builds it is natural for a certain level of muscular tension to build, just allow this level of tension to exist as it may, neither encouraging it nor suppressing it, it is the body’s expression of the excitement you are inducing, just as it would be in a traditional orgasmic event. If you consciously try to suppress those sensations, you may end up cross-wiring yourself to also suppress the attainment of the super-O as well. When your mind is relaxed (i.e. calm, undistracted, open and accepting) you are at an optimal level of awareness to maintain mental focus upon the p-waves and other sensations your body will produce as it flows toward the super-O. Enjoy the ride while in the now. If the super-O engulfs you, so much the better.

Good Vibes to You !
  • Hi Ashlen,

For me it has been both. The muscle contractions kept me from the Super O because it would mask the subtle feelings you are looking for. As Rumel mentioned, a certain level of muscle tension is normal in the build up of excitement to an orgasm and is not counter productive.

I was getting so much tension in my some of my leg muscles that I would sometimes get cramps and actually pulled some muscles during a very intense Super O.

The best way I have found to combat this is to support your legs using a wash basket or ottoman.

Insearchof