Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Thinking of Modifying my Helix, but want to make sure
  • Ashlen
    I'm starting to think that my Helix isn't hitting the right spot, and might actually be putting too much pressure on where it is hitting, so I'm thinking of modifying it.

After about an hour of use, the spot the tab is hitting is throbbing with a dull pain. I'm fairly convienced that the tab is too high for myself, but as a newbie, I can't be positive. Is it normal to feel strong pressure on insertion, then eventually pain after a while?

I also think the tab might be too far back to hit the perineum, but I haven't been successful in finding the spot exactly with methods posted in the stickies. I did spot an interesting idea with the rounded end of a ball point pen in a post about 2 years ago I want to try and see if I can find it easier that way, though I'm going to wait a day or two and let this pain subside all the way.

Edit: Also about the perineum, I read in a post that when the tab hits the right spot, you feel like you need to urinate. I haven't felt anything like this, which also adds to my questioning if the tab is hitting the right spot.

Anyway, does anyone have any comments or suggestions about modifying? Or other ideas for finding the perineum?
  • rumelrumel
    Ashlen,

P-tab pressure is a common lament. Before you incorporate a potentially irreversible modification to your Helix, why don’t you try this : Cut a single leaf of toilet paper in half, fold in half three times (8 thicknesses) and try using that as a cushion for the P-tab to rest upon.

The perineum is the entire area between the thighs from the scrotum to the anus. Within that area is an apparent “sweet spot” with a convergence of nerves that when stimulated intensifies the neural feedback loop of anal muscle contractions. I personally have yet to find my “sweet spot”, but nonetheless have been successful in generating orgasmic response from the area. The area will become inured to use over time and should not be painful while using the Aneros. External manipulation of or sitting on the Aneros should be avoided as this will impart too much force to that sensitive area through the P-tab.

The urge to urinate has most frequently been described as a result of the Aneros engaging the prostate, NOT from the P-tab pressure on the perineum.

I hope this clarifies things a bit for you.

Good Vibes to You !
  • Analpal
    I use the single square of tissue technique myself, it works perfectly. It also helps keep the area lubricant free so it pivots better.

Good luck.