Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Helix Question
  • yehwehianyehwehian
    So yea, I've been using the Helix for the past 3 weeks or so with no progress...except more tone kegals :D I notice that when relaxed, the P-tab is about the width of my pinkie finger AWAY from my perinium, and when flexed, it barely touches it. Any ideas? :?:
  • They say As your muscles get better toned it will fit better, but that didn't work for me.

I ended up modifying mine so that the P-tab was closer to my perenium, now it's my favorite model.
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    yehwehian,

First, (and this is going to seem silly), are you certain that your Helix is fully inserted? Note that I'm not speaking of inserting all the way down to the base (the last notch). If you were to drop an imaginary line from the tip of the P-tab until it met the base, and travel forward towards the tip you will see a contour inward. When fully inserted the Helix should rest somewhere between where that imaginary line touches the Helix and that contour (depending on your level of contraction). In either place the tab should be coming into contact with your perineum.

In some instances however, this may not be the case. In such an event you may want to consider modifying the abutment tab by canting it forward. This may be accomplished by the use of a heat gun (a device for fashioning and working with plastics). By directing heat on the abutment arm near where it attaches to the base you will be able to move the tab forward. If you do go ahead with this....START SMALL. Using a small adjustment is preferable to a large one, and it's much easier to recover from if you should make a mistake. Bear in mind also, that it is not necessary to move the tab very far inward. (If you should move it in too far, the tab will prevent proper insertion of the Helix). Once this has been done you may also want to consider making an adjustment at the right angle bend of the arm. Why? Because in canting the arm forward it changes the vertical orientation of the tab slightly, so that it makes contact lower on your perineum. Try it and see if you like this position first of course (some people like it closer to the anus anyway). If not, heating the right angle of the arm and bending slightly upward, away from the body of the unit, will restablish it's vertical orientation.

One last thing, if you do decide to attempt this modification, understand that a heat gun (although it appears like a hair dryer), produces a higher intensity and more focused heat. Be VERY careful!

Enjoy!

BF Mayfield
  • rumelrumel
    yehwehian,
    I too had a problem with the P-tab not engaging my perineun sufficiently. While I had read about the modification method described by 'B Mayfield' above. I took a different route that didn't involve modifing the original arm/P-tab configuration. I took a 3/8" diam. plastic rod, 1/2" long, cut a 1/8" wide slot, 1/4" deep along the long axis of the rod and hot glued it onto the P-tab (the P-tab fitting into the slot). I then sanded smooth the resulting extended nub for a comfortable fit. The advantage to this method is that the new extended nubbin can be easily somewhat adjusted by immersing the tab arm/nub in hot water long enough to slightly soften the hot glue and move the nubbin without getting it hot enough to soften the aneros plastic arm and deforming it.