Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Aneros and the Scientific Method
  • darwindarwin
    calboy-

[see the thread "i just want to get off" for preceding discussion]

glad to hear you're willing to give those suggestions a try.

as i thought about it, i guess if we're going to try to isolate our variables, the p-tab adjustment maybe should come first as it takes less time and effort than the kegels.

and also, i thought about what characterized the suggestions i made.

here is what i came up with:
    (1) kegels: neuromuscular strength and responsiveness
    (2) p-tab: fit (see below)
    (3) relaxing: dymanics
    (4) ksmo: more dynamics

about fit: since i have moved from originally (a long time ago) being persuaded that the aneros didn't fit my body (to the extent that i complained and had them send me an SGX in lieu of a refund --which didn't help and *really* didn't fit) to knowing that it does fit, i don't have any evidence that, with the exception of the SGX, individual difference is a result of how the device hits the prostate.

but, clearly the sweet spot differs, as i experienced it directly myself. that is why i'm suggesting playing with that.

in sum, i am hoping that by being a little methodical we all might be able to make some headway on the big mystery: why some get it quick and some get it slow.

perhaps Support has access to information and experience that we don't by dint of their development process and theoretical understanding of the physiology. but, i suspect they don't as they would have refined their instructions if they did.

to me, this whole business, the aneros, KSMO, male multiple orgasm, and this forum are a big fat fascinating experiment. for example, it is pretty amazing that we here (and Support) have access to the pooled knowledge of some thousands of men who use this thing, all contributing their little discoveries. so to that extent, we have access to a huge amount of inventiveness.

yet, we are not getting traction on what the EZ secret is to making all newbies humm.

Tripper has been advocating a poll. i think that would be *very* interesting, though i don't know how to organize it. i suspect that acquiring too much detailed data might be inconsistent w/ the manufacturer's marketing strategy, but, who knows? i agree w/ your assessment that the info they provide on the site is optimistic. i have justified it to myself in that i get the sense that once guys start going for it they get hooked, even if it takes longer than they expected. so i'm glad they err on the side of bringing more guys into the club rather than scaring them away. (though i'm sure they wouldn't release this info, i'd be interested in their sales figures: number sold, number returned)

if there was a poll, the first things i'd like to ask are:
    - model
    - availability of real privacy
    - success in locating sweet spot
    - sensations upon insert the first few times
    - presence of any pain or discomfort on using the aneros
    - prior typical number of ejacs per week
    - size of testicles (small, medium, big) (on the off chance that this is a surrogate for size of prostate. this is likely a total red herring)
    - number of weeks of active use till first dry orgasm
    - number of weeks of active use till first super-O

another thing i'd be very interested in is what methodical approaches the manufacturer uses to develop the units. i somehow got the idea that they have used advanced techniques like radiological imaging and electrical muscle monitoring to get "internal' info on the action of the device.

it would be utterly fascinating to tecnologically monitor somebody who is super-O enabled versus a stuck newbie, to see what is going on in there.

but alas, all we have is our bodies, our aneros, and the forum.

anybody have any ideas?

darwin
  • gratefulgrateful

Originally Posted By: darwin
    calboy-

[see the thread "i just want to get off" for preceding discussion]

glad to hear you're willing to give those suggestions a try.

as i thought about it, i guess if we're going to try to isolate our variables, the p-tab adjustment maybe should come first as it takes less time and effort than the kegels.

and also, i thought about what characterized the suggestions i made.

here is what i came up with:
    (1) kegels: neuromuscular strength and responsiveness
    (2) p-tab: fit (see below)
    (3) relaxing: dymanics
    (4) ksmo: more dynamics

about fit: since i have moved from originally (a long time ago) being persuaded that the aneros didn't fit my body (to the extent that i complained and had them send me an SGX in lieu of a refund --which didn't help and *really* didn't fit) to knowing that it does fit, i don't have any evidence that, with the exception of the SGX, individual difference is a result of how the device hits the prostate.

but, clearly the sweet spot differs, as i experienced it directly myself. that is why i'm suggesting playing with that.

in sum, i am hoping that by being a little methodical we all might be able to make some headway on the big mystery: why some get it quick and some get it slow.

perhaps Support has access to information and experience that we don't by dint of their development process and theoretical understanding of the physiology. but, i suspect they don't as they would have refined their instructions if they did.

to me, this whole business, the aneros, KSMO, male multiple orgasm, and this forum are a big fat fascinating experiment. for example, it is pretty amazing that we here (and Support) have access to the pooled knowledge of some thousands of men who use this thing, all contributing their little discoveries. so to that extent, we have access to a huge amount of inventiveness.

yet, we are not getting traction on what the EZ secret is to making all newbies humm.

Tripper has been advocating a poll. i think that would be *very* interesting, though i don't know how to organize it. i suspect that acquiring too much detailed data might be inconsistent w/ the manufacturer's marketing strategy, but, who knows? i agree w/ your assessment that the info they provide on the site is optimistic. i have justified it to myself in that i get the sense that once guys start going for it they get hooked, even if it takes longer than they expected. so i'm glad they err on the side of bringing more guys into the club rather than scaring them away. (though i'm sure they wouldn't release this info, i'd be interested in their sales figures: number sold, number returned)

if there was a poll, the first things i'd like to ask are:
    - model
    - availability of real privacy
    - success in locating sweet spot
    - sensations upon insert the first few times
    - presence of any pain or discomfort on using the aneros
    - prior typical number of ejacs per week
    - size of testicles (small, medium, big) (on the off chance that this is a surrogate for size of prostate. this is likely a total red herring)
    - number of weeks of active use till first dry orgasm
    - number of weeks of active use till first super-O

another thing i'd be very interested in is what methodical approaches the manufacturer uses to develop the units. i somehow got the idea that they have used advanced techniques like radiological imaging and electrical muscle monitoring to get "internal' info on the action of the device.

it would be utterly fascinating to tecnologically monitor somebody who is super-O enabled versus a stuck newbie, to see what is going on in there.

but alas, all we have is our bodies, our aneros, and the forum.

anybody have any ideas?

darwin

Darwin, I don't have a suggestion, but want to thank you for such a solid beginning to knitting some of this blessed mystery together. There does seem to be much in the way of common knowledge and experience among Aneros users and a perifery of more individual factors we are dealing with here. I am finally settling down to enjoying the trip (2 months now). The input you generate here, i think, could be a significant help to many who are open to learn. We are fortunate to be in your company.
    Grateful