Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Help please
  • I have decided to purchase the Aneros MGX, I have also decided to purchase the Nexus Nero. The problem is I have to pick one now and wait till my next pay check for the other. Which would be the better choice?
    (please only respond if you have used both)

Thanks ahead of time.
  • BilldoBilldo
    The MGX, hands down. I have both, plus the Helix, Eupho, and Maximus.

The MGX is much better in many regards, and certainly better for your first time!

If I were you, I'd get the MGX now, and based on descriptions I'd get the Progasm with the next paycheck, and skip the other product altogether.

If you do get it, plan on sawing off the tab on the back to even attempt to use it laying on your back.

Good luck, enjoy the MGX. I'll be getting the Progasm as soon as possible and can then put it in perspective with ALL of the other devices except the SGX, which is the one I don't have.

Billdo
  • BilldoBilldo
    One other thing I forgot. The Aneros models all have a very fine finish on them. The other device you mention was clearly made in a two-part mold, and it had a bit of flashing at the mold separation line.

In other words, there was a line running the length of the device with unevenness and some mildy sharp edges. Before I used it, I spent some time with some 600 grit sandpaper and removed the flashing from the molding process. After using it once, I realized that I wasn't thorough enough and spent some more time with 400 grit THEN 600 grit paper to remove all evidence of mold separation.

Once it was done, it was no big deal of course, but it should not have been there to begin with. In it's original state, it would have scratched me up severely. Sure, I wouldn't have used it that way, but it is one more line of distinction between that product and the Aneros.

Billdo
  • (this post was edited 2007-02-28 15:52:34)

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I think I will take your advise but I have never heard of the Progasm, what is it? I will of course check on it myself through Google but if you don't mind I would like you to give me a link.

EDIT- I searched the forum and found out all about it. No need for a link, thank you.