Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Abutment tab question...
  • flx
    I've had probably a dozen sessions with the Helix but really haven't had any results. I have a feeling it is related to the abutment tab - even contracting I get almost no contact from it. Should I try a model with a more aggressive tab?
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    flx,

The Helix should be practically self inserting such that the tab stops the massager from going in any farther. Do you have the sense at all that the body of the unit is still protruding too much as well? (Keeping in mind that the unit is not designed to be inserted to the last notch)

BF Mayfield
  • flx
    Yea - that's a fairly accurate description. The tab isn't stopping it from being pulled in further - it stops before the tab makes contact, but not by much. If I contract I can get it to make a bit of contact, but nothing substancial I guess.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but I do have some experience with buttplugs, etc, so this isn't new territory or anything.
  • Edit
    I had the same problem with the Helix. I first extended it using hot glue as I discussed in the following thread.
    http://www.aneros.com/displaythread.php?id=677

Following is a site someone put together and shows the hot glue extension mod.
    http://www.aqve60.dsl.pipex.com/aneros/

Later I got a little fancier and did a "spring loaded" tab as I discussed in the following thread.
    http://www.aneros.com/displaythread.php?id=1037
  • flx
    I might try the modifying thing, but is a new model worth trying? The Helix looks like it's the least aggressive. If so - any suggestions based on what I've said so far?
  • flx
    Well, I'm going to be ordering another Fleshlight I think and I noticed they also sell the MGX. Considering what I've said, should I toss it on my order and give it a try? Maybe get some contact from the tab...

Thoughts?
  • Edit

Originally Posted By: flx
    Well, I'm going to be ordering another Fleshlight I think and I noticed they also sell the MGX. Considering what I've said, should I toss it on my order and give it a try? Maybe get some contact from the tab...

Thoughts?

Just put some hot glue on tab of the Helix. It's really not that hard, and it's got a better overall shape than the MGX, in my opinion. That's my recommendation.
  • flx
    I'll probably do that as well, but I'm thinking having another model to try out might be worth it. So, lets assume for the moment I'm getting another - is MGX my best bet? Or should I give one of the other models a shot?
  • StevieG

Originally Posted By: flx
    The tab isn't stopping it from being pulled in further - it stops before the tab makes contact, but not by much. If I contract I can get it to make a bit of contact, but nothing substancial I guess.

This is exactly what I'm finding with my Helix, it stops just before it gets there on both the inside and outside contact points. I think somebody made a booboo when they were designing the part of the Helix your sphincter grabs, I mean it pretty much self inserts with a gentle squeeze but it really does stop short of the perfect final position.