Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Newbie question w/ 'bowel movement' question
  • I almost posted this under the recent enema thread, but I think this is a different matter. Sorry if this is all rather 'scatological,' but ...

I've tried the aneros 5 times and have had no success at all. My main problem is that after a few minutes in I feel pressure building up that feels like gas. When I pull the aneros out to alieveate this I find I'm ready for a bowel movement, even if before I started I didn't feel this way at all.

Today I tried it again and had TWO bowel movements earlier in the day. So I was sure I was 'empty.' But sure enough, I felt pressure, had to stop and found that I had lots of gas and another bowel movement coming (small, of course). Afterwards I went right at it again and within 5-10 minutes had to stop yet again (!!) with the same problem. I had no idea I had that much in me, and am totally confused, since I normally don't have more than one bowel movement a day (sometimes fewer). These are small, of course, but they're there nonetheless and are definitely impeding by ability to experiment with this thing.

I feel like the aneros is making me want to empty myself out. I don't know what to do. For lube I'm using a coat of vaseline with some astroglide. Is this perhaps contributing to the gas? Should I try and enema before? Any thoughts?
  • BusterBuster
    Dear nooneagain,

It sounds as though you need a good cleaning out! Dont be afraid of it, it is not too bad. You might just be the kind of person that requires that kind of activity. The "feeling of movement" is one that I would think is going to distract you from your journey. I used to give myself one before every session. It was a learning curve because I can actually use too much water and it takes me a while to get myself ready to go. I find that giving myself the enema is easier than then potential clean up if I dont. That is just me, and as you know, everyone is different.

Try it a couple of times and see what you think. I think it will help.

Buster
  • enigma
    Dear Nooneagain,

It could be your problem is gas build up which can't get out with the Aneros in place, I have this problem to a lesser degree than you.

My Wife swears by Fennel tea for reducing wind, it can't do any harm to give it a try.

• Edit

Originally Posted By: nooneagain
    I almost posted this under the recent enema thread, but I think this is a different matter. Sorry if this is all rather 'scatological,' but ...

I've tried the aneros 5 times and have had no success at all. My main problem is that after a few minutes in I feel pressure building up that feels like gas. When I pull the aneros out to alieveate this I find I'm ready for a bowel movement, even if before I started I didn't feel this way at all.

Today I tried it again and had TWO bowel movements earlier in the day. So I was sure I was 'empty.' But sure enough, I felt pressure, had to stop and found that I had lots of gas and another bowel movement coming (small, of course). Afterwards I went right at it again and within 5-10 minutes had to stop yet again (!!) with the same problem. I had no idea I had that much in me, and am totally confused, since I normally don't have more than one bowel movement a day (sometimes fewer). These are small, of course, but they're there nonetheless and are definitely impeding by ability to experiment with this thing.

I feel like the aneros is making me want to empty myself out. I don't know what to do. For lube I'm using a coat of vaseline with some astroglide. Is this perhaps contributing to the gas? Should I try and enema before? Any thoughts?

Nooneagain,
    Don't despair. What you are describing is something that physicians (usually surgeons) all over the world count on to stimulate large bowel activity, usually after bowel surgery. What's happening to you is a well-described reflex, that is referred to colloquially among medical students and residents as the "finger-wave": digital rectal exams are performed on patients in order to stimulate pressure in the area to promote reflexive bowel movements. It is of variable effect, but apparently works too well for you. If you keep at it, this reflex may diminish, however, it is hard to fool Mother Nature. It may or may not go away. Good luck.