Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Question about Helix positioning
  • alta
    I have just received my Helix and am not sure which part the sphincter should be clamped around, the 1/4" diameter section right at the arms, or the 1/2"
    diameter section that is about 1 inch up towards the head. If it is the smaller part right at the arms, it does not stay very well as the abutment arm hold it out, maybe needs abit of heat gun bending??
  • Edit
    Yo dude,
    Give it a rest. Here is the details. If it points in the same direction as the the big piece it goes in the front. Don't go bending util you have tried the factory setting. This is a delicate piece of delight. Give it a chance. Keep reading the forum, but be patient. It will give you a life time of pleasure unless you screw it up.

HappyJack
  • B MayfieldB Mayfield
    alta,

Just to be absolutely clear, the Helix IS NOT insertable all the way down to it's base. The last notch (contour) is there for purposes of balance only! If this is what you're attempting to do, you will have found that the abutment tab/arm push the unit right back out. If this is the reason that you were considering adjusting the abutment tab/arm...DON'T. How far do you insert it? Until you feel the abutment tab against your perineum. Some of the other Aneros models feature a taper to the base which acts almost like a detent, giving you the sensation that they're locked in. The Helix and Eupho are a bit different in that regard.

BF Mayfield
  • alta

Originally Posted By: B Mayfield
    alta,

Just to be absolutely clear, the Helix IS NOT insertable all the way down to it's base. The last notch (contour) is there for purposes of balance only! If this is what you're attempting to do, you will have found that the abutment tab/arm push the unit right back out. If this is the reason that you were considering adjusting the abutment tab/arm...DON'T. How far do you insert it? Until you feel the abutment tab against your perineum. Some of the other Aneros models feature a taper to the base which acts almost like a detent, giving you the sensation that they're locked in. The Helix and Eupho are a bit different in that regard.

BF Mayfield

Thanks BF, I will use the dedent that is about an inch up, I just wasn't sure which was proper.

Alta