Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

So now what?
  • joker
    I've been reading this forum for a while now...ever since I found out about the Aneros. I was all set to buy the MGX, when the announcment was made about the new line. So I'm thinking...newer is better, right? So I patiently wait for availability and reviews on the new(more expensive)line, and from what I read I'm thinking that the Helix is surely the way to go for my first Aneros.
    Just when I'm about to place the order...sure enough I start reading that the Helix may not be what it's been proclaimed to be...
    So now what? Should I just bite the bullet and pick up the MGX for starters, and build from there? I'm no newbie to anal toys, and the Aneros really intrigued me with it's design to focus right on the prostrate...I can't even imagine what it would be like to have something that went right to the spot on it's own, without my having to work on getting it there...
  • Pan
    That's a tough question joker.

I was away for awhile and just came back to find people posting about difficulties or less than glowing experiences with the Helix. Frankly I was shocked. I personally think it's da bomb, where as my old Aneros Classic now seems dull by comparison (and I used to think THAT was the da bomb).

But obviously no single design works for everyone.

Apparently, some of the folks who found the Helix less than amazing, still noticed a marked improvement in their sessions when they went back to their trusty old MGX's and SGX's.

I'm gathering that means if you have money to burn, the best choice is one of the package deals offered. That way, you're most likely to find something that works in a short period of time.

But if you're short on cash like me, you have to make your best guess. My only suggestion would be, judging from your past experiences with prostate stimulation, are you looking for a more direct stimulation of the prostate or something more subtle?

My personal opinion (for what it's worth) is that the Helix is likely to be more directly/aggressively stimulating than the MGX or SGX. But as I'm sure you have read, others would probably report differently with their experiences.

I wish I could more helpful. But I can say that chances are if you already enjoy anal and prostate stimulation, you're likely to enjoy some unique benefits with any aneros design. Maybe not an instant Super-O, but certainly something worth exploring!

Best of Luck :-)

• BusterBuster
    Joker,

I purchased the MGX and by the time it got to my house, I thought I had made a mistake by not going for the Helix. I have to agree with Pan, if you have had more experience in anal play, I would bet the Helix would be better for you. When I was reading your post, I thought originally that the package with the MGX and the Helix would be a good choice as well. As I recall, it was just over $100 and included a syringe and lube. But as Pan said, if money is an issue and you had to only get one, I would go for the Helix. Just an opinion that I hope helps. Hopefully, you will have fun either way.

Buster